ONE FOR ONE

It’s a pog fill ( just an aisle ) not a department fill 10 aisles .
Right I know what a pog fill is. It just pulls items in that pog. 1-1 is just a term used for the type of fill you request.

Lows: less than 50% capacity
One for One: all items in the backroom that will fit on the floor
End of life: discontinued or EOL items

Pog fills are still 1-1 depending on how you drop them. Pog fills are not a fill group 1-1 but they are still a 1-1 just not in the sense target has been referring to 1-1 as.

Last edited:
It really sucks that the EOL batches are a minimum 25% of the backroom quantity. Following some sort of PTM process would be doable if they let you only take like 10%, but 25% is a lot for something like BTS.

It sort of is though, given it actually counts toward the 1-for-1 metric that's being tracked. Some stores are only doing pog fills rather than dropping manuals for entire fillgroups.
I’m agreeing that pog 1-1 still count just not the total end goal that everyone’s referring too. I completely agree that stores should do it however best fits their business but should be working towards the goal of dropping fill group batches eventually.

Rumor has it trucks will be smaller because of the one for one. The capacities and etc automatically reset after doing a one for one. Haven't we heard this all before? Basically a pog fill for salesfloor capacity? *and it magically fixes the push problem*

WHY DOES IT RESET CAPACITIES

I love them. I have nothing to do with them, but I love them. Finally Spot came up with something that punishes TMs who don't push frieght to capacity instead of ignoring that and making other people's jobs more difficult.

The best part of modernization is that “making another persons job more difficult” doesn’t exist. The DBO is the first person AND the other person. Set a pog and don’t fill it, you’ll do it later....backstock your truck instead of push it, you’ll do it later.....push to incorrect locations, YOU will fix it later. Do it right or do it again. No more passing the buck.

The best part of modernization is that “making another persons job more difficult” doesn’t exist. The DBO is the first person AND the other person. Set a pog and don’t fill it, you’ll do it later....backstock your truck instead of push it, you’ll do it later.....push to incorrect locations, YOU will fix it later. Do it right or do it again. No more passing the buck.

Ahhh, but it does still exist. For example, if a market TM doesn't want to open a case pack of mayo because only 2 will go out and then, he'll have to backstock 10 in open stock, he makes flex's job more difficult when someone orders that mayo. This happens all the time at my store. Now, that TM will share the pain thanks to 1 for 1s.

Ahhh, but it does still exist. For example, if a market TM doesn't want to open a case pack of mayo because only 2 will go out and then, he'll have to backstock 10 in open stock, he makes flex's job more difficult when someone orders that mayo. This happens all the time at my store. Now, that TM will share the pain thanks to 1 for 1s.
True, some things still carry over.
But, In the example wouldn’t the 1:1 make the flex’s job easier cause pulling from an open stock location has to be faster than pulling a case pack and then needing to backstock the excess.
The DBO would still need to have either pushed the 2 of the case off the truck, or the 2 that dropped in the morning auto-fill, or the same 2 that the 1:1 forced to be pulled. So to make it harder on the flex team, the DBO would have to have dealt and ignored that case of mayo 3 times himself, rather than just pushing the 2 the first time off the truck and back stocking the 10 in open, which would have made it EASIER on flex.

True, some things still carry over.
But, In the example wouldn’t the 1:1 make the flex’s job easier cause pulling from an open stock location has to be faster than pulling a case pack and then needing to backstock the excess.
The DBO would still need to have either pushed the 2 of the case off the truck, or the 2 that dropped in the morning auto-fill, or the same 2 that the 1:1 forced to be pulled. So to make it harder on the flex team, the DBO would have to have dealt and ignored that case of mayo 3 times himself, rather than just pushing the 2 the first time off the truck and back stocking the 10 in open, which would have made it EASIER on flex.

The way I look at it is that the DBOs who won't open case packs for a couple of items are the same ones who will open a case pack if they need most of it and toss the excess on the shelves over capacity. Basically, any shortcuts are going to take their toll on that DBO eventually. Doing it right doesn't make it easier on flex. It makes it just as easy/difficult as it should be. That's the equilibrium that I try to achieve when doing my picking. Make it right and try to not make it more difficult for the DBOs going about their work.

I used to hate smart huddles that would result in us pushing CAFs that were unworked (un pulled) REV fills. aka unpulled POG/REV fills would fall into the batches later.

Oh, goody! What I don't get done in the one day I week I get I can get done the next week! And no one else will work in my department? I'm sure that won't backfire

I love them. I have nothing to do with them, but I love them. Finally Spot came up with something that punishes TMs who don't push frieght to capacity instead of ignoring that and making other people's jobs more difficult.
It doesn't, though, it thinks you pushed it to capacity. If it says 5 fit, 5 on floor + 10 in back (10 on hand), it won't pull in the One For One.

It doesn't, though, it thinks you pushed it to capacity. If it says 5 fit, 5 on floor + 10 in back (10 on hand), it won't pull in the One For One.
It never pulled before either? You still need to go and fix those with exf or audit. 1-1s are great to fix most data issues just not when it thinks it’s already full but that’s why you research your outs

My bosses still havent made me do a 1 for 1 opting to do it for HBA and Pharmacy for now. No Plastic, Hipa, Toys, Sporting Goods etc. I think it's a lot to do but is there a reason they are only doing HBA and Phar? I would love to do it before Thanksgiving and Christmas come around. It's already Fall set in many parts of the store, ya know? I like how the bosses complain to us (heard it from many of my close TMs) that if we can't finish they have to do it. Okay so is that some kind of motivator for me when all you do is chastise us for our performance and we work harder than most stores in our district? lmao Anyway yeah, I want to do a 1 for 1 for my area but they haven't given me time to do so. I might just drop one without asking and stay late one day without asking. A little means a lot.

My OTC person has been doing 1 for 1 before it was a thing. Said it helped manage their autofils. They would pull through out shift. Auto is consistently small.

If your numbers are correct the autos should take care of your outs and lows. One for ones just top off whatever is out there.,, which is nice except for when they tell you to abandon truck, fdc, wine, pricing, pogs etc to just meddle around with it your entire shift. and no: they don't get "caught up" in food and beverage.

just waiting for this flavor of the month to be over with. maybe let us DBO our area.

Last edited:
If your numbers are correct the autos should take care of your outs and lows. One for ones just top off whatever is out there.,, which is nice except for when they tell you to abandon truck, fdc, wine, pricing, pogs etc to just meddle around with it your entire shift. and no: they don't get "caught up" in food and beverage.

just waiting for this flavor of the month to be over with. maybe let us DBO our area.
I have a feeling this one is here to stay. Its not just a regional or group flavor... its a company flavor.

When we heard this was going to be a thing i had my team go pog by pog just to help keep it manageable, but then was told that it was to be entire fill group. I just wanted them to feel like it was a task that could be completed in addition to truck and everything else we ask of them.

On our non truck days Sunday and Wednesday we try and do the lows for consumables along with the pulls. On truck days we do the regular pulls and do any lows that are manageable.

Back