Archived Online Application Questionnaire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I just applied for a seasonal cashier/sales floor position and was wondering how much your answers in the online questionnaire factor in to offers of employment, especially for solely seasonal employment, and if I'll get passed up for interview just because of my answers to a few questions.

It should factor in, but it doesn't. I can't imagine HR looking at the Retail Applicant Screening or Screening Inventory when hiring seasonally. The main thing they're looking at is availability

Thanks! I'm a high school student so my availability is limited to 2-9 PM weekdays and 8 AM- 9 PM weekends, so I guess I'll see whether or not that's good enough for Spot.

It may not be...because it means you can't close...so depending on the store, they may have an opening for cart attendant or food Ave.

My school told me today that they'll let me work until 10, but they can't let me work later because of Ed Code/FLSA. Is there a department (HR?) I can call to expand my hours or will they just say, sorry you're out of luck?

If you do bad on the screening, you might be Cart Attendant. If you do really well you could get a Sales Floor or other Specialty position.

Before your interview they'll have you take it again, I think the reason is to make sure your answers don't change a lot.

My school told me today that they'll let me work until 10, but they can't let me work later because of Ed Code/FLSA. Is there a department (HR?) I can call to expand my hours or will they just say, sorry you're out of luck?

Target has to follow state and federal laws when it comes to minor compliance. One of those laws is that minors cannot work past 10pm. It's pretty much non-negotiable.

Based on your availability, you would still be a candidate for a cashier position at my store and possibly cart attendant. My advice is to call the store in the next two or three days and ask to speak to HR. Let them know that you want to check on the status of your application.

No one ever sees the answers to those questions. They used to turn up green, yellow and red. HR used to consider that but about a couple of years ago they were told to no long consider that.

Thanks guys/gals! I'll call the store Monday and see what they say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back