Archived Order Pickup?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was hired about 2 weeks ago to do SFS, though at the time our SFS was still down. My first week of training was just cashiering and then working with a guy from SFS on hardlines and picking store pickups. Our SFS is finally back up and I got a couple of days of training for that, but now I'm almost exclusively scheduled to do Order Pickups the next two weeks. I'm not even entirely sure what that entails! It was never explained to me beforehand, and now I'm worried about going into work tomorrow and having 0 idea what I'll be doing for the day. Do I just grab a walkie and ask the LOD to meet up and explain, let them know I'm confused? This is my first job and I've been a confused mess the entire time, so I'm probably just overthinking it.

It’s not hard. If you know SFS, it will be easy. It’s just picking flexible orders whenever they drop. Flexible orders are order pickup orders or Drive Up orders if you have them. They just need to be logged in a book at the service desk and scanned it. Just ask someone for help the first time and you’ll probably remember.
Other then that, if your store has drive up, you’ll have to listen for the honks on the zebra and take out the orders. Super easy, you just take it out, scan the guests barcode, have them sign, and your good to go.
Depending on the store, you might have to answer phones for the fitting room, which can be a bit tricky, but you’ll get used to it fast. If your store isn’t busy, it’s pretty slow. A lot of just putting away stray and helping with pulls inbetween the orders and phones.

Don’t stress it. If you know SFS, it won’t be hard at all.

Thanks!
I guess I'm just nervous about bothering my LOD first thing when I get in to clarify. I dont like bothering people and looking stupid.
When I've been at the front end during shifts a TL generally handled giving guests their pickups and a random TM took out drive ups.
I know how to pick and put aside orders just fine, it's everything after that that I've never been shown.

Thanks!
I guess I'm just nervous about bothering my LOD first thing when I get in to clarify. I dont like bothering people and looking stupid.
When I've been at the front end during shifts a TL generally handled giving guests their pickups and a random TM took out drive ups.
I know how to pick and put aside orders just fine, it's everything after that that I've never been shown.
Yeah, I wouldn’t stress it much. You might be training with somebody anyways. When I got switched to Order Pickup that has me train with somebody my first shift.

Thanks!
You are not bothering anyone, it is much better to ask for clarification on something and then know how to do it right rather than be confused and work at a slower pace with more inaccuracies. Order pickup is very important with Target right now and is directly guest-centric so I’m sure they would rather have you just ask. You’ll be fine!

If you don't ask, spot will assume that you know how to do your job.

This hardcore. Don't be that TM that never speaks up with questions and then you're 6 months in the role and don't know how to use the RFID scanner. Yes, Spot's training culture can be pretty crappy. However they're not going to be to keen on retaining someone who doesn't know how to ask for help and will tell them 6 months down the line "Well no one every showed me how to do it!"

I promise I'm not going to just fake it till I make it or anything like that! I've learned a lot the last 2 weeks, and I know I still have plenty to learn. I just struggle with how and who to ask, still, in a lot of respects.

My just just used order pickup hours to supplement SFS hours. You could very well just be doing SFS. Ask your TL or your trainer or HR.

It all turned out well! I just pushed and picked orders when they dropped, so nothing new or daunting. Thanks everyone for the advice and encouragement :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back