Archived Orientation: Are You The Only One Left?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last one left 2 weeks ago It was sad, she is a very hard worker and a great lady. We always encouraged and supported each other. I will miss her and I wish her the best. She got a better paying job with health covg.

There were five in my orientation. Two Flow, two Starbucks, and me as salesfloor. There's still 3 of us there - one flow, one Starbucks, and me :)

Edited to mention we've been there 8 months, so 3/5 seems pretty good.

My orientation was fairly big, I think about 9 of us. It's been several month's, and about 3 didn't make it to the 90 day mark. Another got termed about 4 months in, so about half of us left as far as I know.

I was hired seasonally at my current store, there was close to 50 people in my orientation. That being said, there's 7 of us left, and one is leaving some time next month.

Of my orientation, 100% were seasonal and 25% were kept on, including me. Now many moons later, there are only two people left from my orientation. Me and a cashier.

One quit, others weren't kept on, and another dude was exterminated.

Shit, I'm nearly the only person left in all of logistics! Everyone (except for two back room TMs and one Flow TM) is completely different from when I got hired 2 years ago, this includes the TLs and ETL.

Yep. One never showed after orientation day. The rest fired or quit. But then I have out lasted our entire ETL/STL leadership, which turned over almost twice in five years.

One is still here from my original orientation group. Everyone else was gone within the first year, that was over 5 years ago

Only remember 2. One I worked with for about a year in the back. The other was flow and lasted about 2 years and got fired because of something involving inappropriate behavior with a child. I still see him sometimes.

I was hired almost two years ago smack dab in the middle of BTS as a regular, full-time team member. There were five in my orientation group-- one hired for food ave, another for guest service, a cashier, and two for salesfloor-hardlines (one of them being me).
I remember the woman hired for food ave told us she had experience working at a food court and didn't think she'd have any problems. She quit after one shift.

Another woman hired for guest service was very pleasant and a hard worker. She was older and only wanted to work part time, but they kept scheduling her close to 40 hours each week. She stayed a little over a month.

The other hardlines team member was around my age and we got along well. She split her time between another job and Spot. She told me that her other job paid her better, was less stressful, and she didn't have to deal with angry customers all the time. She got fed up having to deal with management bs and guests and called it quits after two months.

The cashier and I are the only ones left standing.

I rang up the ex-hardlines team member not too long ago. When she saw me, she gave me a look between disdain and pity and said, "Oh, you're still here?" I just about wanted to punch her in the face.

Last edited:
There's one BRTM that's been there longer than me. Two flows, but they transferred from another store.

I got hired with one other person, she left after a month. I've been with spot for a little over a year

I was hired with a group of a dozen or so cashiers (I was the only hardlines TM hired) almost two years ago -- and I'm the only one left. The HR person that led the orientation is gone. All of the original ETLs that were there when I started are all gone except for one (she was hired a month before me, and she was originally ETL-GE but has been promoted to ETL-HR). My STL has just left -- she was promoted to some important position in the company in the Southern California region. And only four TLs when I started are left (plano who is now hardlines, flow, receiving, and Sr. TL who now leads backroom/ship from store/flexible fulfillment). As for sales floor, I think maybe a dozen TMs are left. Everyone I see now seems to have been hired after me. Scary how I've become TM with most senority now! :eek:

Started a little over a year ago. As of a month ago, I am the last person from my orientation. There were only about 5 or 6 people in mine, though.

There was only myself and another team member, who is now long gone, at mine. However, the wave of people that were hired around the same time as me are all gone as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back