Archived Orientation question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuki

Yuki
I was supposed to start working at Target the 14th. I didn't have my ID so my orientation had to be postponed. They called me back the 19th to see if I could come to orientation the 21st. My ID was scheduled to come on the 21st but my mailman comes late in the day so again I wasn't going to have my ID in time. She said alright that she would have to put me on the list for the next one. I called them back on the 27th to see if there is an orientation scheduled for the next day and they said that they'll call me when an orientation is set up. They didn't call me yet. Did they let me go before I even started? I hope not I really want to work here.

Last edited:
Keep on calling, if you want the job. Make sure that you have all id's with you, too.
You did have at least your driver license with you?

Last edited:
First edit out the store code, it doesn't matter and it's just better not to have it in the post for anonymity.

There's a good chance they had orientations set up for batches of hires and you missed those.
Now they are hiring a new batch and you are going to have to wait until that batch is ready to be processed.

I didn't notice it was expired until the day before when I was getting my stuff together for the next day. I don't use my ID for anything so I didn't know I only had a 4 year instead of an 8 year. I also didn't get the letter in the mail from the DMV stating that my ID was set to expire. I suck for not noticing earlier. And oh okay thank you commiecorvus.

I didn't notice it was expired until the day before when I was getting my stuff together for the next day. I don't use my ID for anything so I didn't know I only had a 4 year instead of an 8 year. I also didn't get the letter in the mail from the DMV stating that my ID was set to expire. I suck for not noticing earlier. And oh okay thank you commiecorvus.
I am sorry for the confusion, your post sounded like you had no id with you. Our hr would said, please get it fixed now. But, I did see it.

<<HR tm for 6 yrs.

Don't worry. They won't term you so quickly and for the only reason of not having your correct IDs. They've invested time and $ (drug test & background check) so they don't want to waste that $. They are probably busy...they have more to do than just hiring. You are most likely still sitting in their "ready to start" section in the job application system. Call them if it makes you feel more at ease. They also want to know that you're still interested after a couple of weeks of the ID fiasco. Most of the time we would try and get several new hires to come in at the same time for orientation. It's about 3-4 hrs long so they more they can get together the less time consuming it is for HR. Sometimes it's hard getting everyone on the same page. lol

We had a guy come in three times for orientation, and every single time he didn't have any forms of ID other than an expired school ID. By the time the next orientation rolled around, his application had expired in JAS and we were no longer able to onboard him. That said, if you put in your application more than two or three months ago, make sure they bring you in for an orientation ASAP, otherwise you have to go through the pre-employment screening process again.

We had a guy come in three times for orientation, and every single time he didn't have any forms of ID other than an expired school ID. By the time the next orientation rolled around, his application had expired in JAS and we were no longer able to onboard him. That said, if you put in your application more than two or three months ago, make sure they bring you in for an orientation ASAP, otherwise you have to go through the pre-employment screening process again.

Applications expire after 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back