Archived Orientation???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the longest Target will take to hold an orientation? I assume if I was given a job offer they would actually want me to work, right?
About a week and a half after being hired, I called and inquired about it. They said HR is gone for the day, they'll leave a message for them and HR will get back to me the next day. I never got a call back.
A week after that, I went in and asked a GSTL if he knew anything. He called the HR department and told me whoever runs HR has been on vacation and will be back in a couple days, I should get a call soon. This was two weeks ago.
Today I called and finally spoke to someone from HR who said that they have to hold a seperate orientation for minors. And that it should be "soon".
This is my first job, it has been nearly impossible for me to get any call backs from any company for a year straight so I really think this is my only option. I'm hired as seasonal, so my days are literally numbered. I need to move out after I graduate in June. I need as much money as I can get, so my goal is to be permanent and transfer to wherever to I move to. But if I only get a month or so to show them how badly i want to stay, I don't feel like I have a very high chance. Sorry for the long post. This is just stressing me out so much.

I've downloaded the Target and Cartweel apps, I've memorized the locations of all the aisle numbers, I've basically read almost every single thread on this website about cashiering, I bought red and khaki the day I was hired, I feel like if I didn't have the job offer form on my desk I would think I hallucinated everything

Sounds like HR just doesn't have a day set up yet for your orientation. Sometimes it can take a little while especially if your store does separate Orientations for minors. Call back in a couple of days and inquire again. Every year we keep some seasonal team members, once you finally start, do your best to sell red cards, don't call out for your shifts, always show up on time and you will have a chance to get a permanent position offered.

Just keep calling in every few days. I was lucky and had orientation just a few days after I got hired. And pretty much what LUR99 said, always ask for Redcards and try your best to not call out too often. My goal was only once a month if I needed to. I usually take one day off every month for the health of it. I'd probably call in on those days instead of scheduling a day off.

When you get in the groove of working at Target, I'd express highly your anticipation to stay if your opinions and assumptions of how the job will go stays the same.

Just keep calling in every few days. I was lucky and had orientation just a few days after I got hired. And pretty much what LUR99 said, always ask for Redcards and try your best to not call out too often. My goal was only once a month if I needed to. I usually take one day off every month for the health of it. I'd probably call in on those days instead of scheduling a day off.

When you get in the groove of working at Target, I'd express highly your anticipation to stay if your opinions and assumptions of how the job will go stays the same.
Thank you for your advice! I was just getting so nervous because every post I saw said "it can take up to 3 weeks to schedule orientation" and it's past that point. I'm just so anxious and excited to start and it's driving me nuts just waiting around & having no clue at all about when it's supposed to be.

@Leo47 it will be fine. When i was first hired it took them a month to give me an orientation. Just because you're a seasonal hire does not mean you wont get a permanent position. If youre a hard worker and can truly make an impact on the operation and are a good fit for the team I assure you they will want to keep you around. Just work very hard, comply with what youre told to do, dont call off even if youre truly sick, just go to work it will show and dont complain. Just do it even if you dont understand how, ask questions. Thats the biggest thing with new hires, you need to ask questions and be responsive. Youl do fine and they'll stick you around.

Seriously? So glad you don't work at my store. I'm sure there's someone who could use those hours.

Just an estimation. It's usually on a whim where I go "I'm really under the weather today." or I'm sick. I shouldn't of said I take it off just because I wanna lol.

Seriously? So glad you don't work at my store. I'm sure there's someone who could use those hours.

Agreed. If you worked at my store, the TL's and ETLs would be asking me to pull your attendance if you call out once a month. If you want to work less hours, change your availabilty and talk to your ETL.

Still haven't gotten the call :( and yes I call weekly

I am a bit concerned... What are they telling you?
The first time it wasn't scheduled because the HR person was on vacation, after that it was because it's taking them a while to figure out how to have an orientation for minors, and last time I called they said they haven't scheduled one because it's so busy and they hope it's soon. They also said it would be soon 4 weeks ago :( The person I speak to from HR every time I call basically knows me by name and has assured me they haven't forgotten about me and always thanks me for being so patient which I do appreciate, but it's been over 6 weeks, this is getting kind of ridiculous :( I am soooooo thankful and appreciative for this job and I am sooooooooo excited which I think is what is making it so much harder to wait this long because I am super excited and happy I got this job. I just want to start :(

I've seen orientations being held while I've been shopping there since the job offer, and I've seen some friends (who got the job because I was hired and told them that they're hiring basically anyone who walks in :rolleyes:) working there. So they've had orientations, just haven't had one for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back