Archived Our former VMTL is still acting like a TL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berry Red

Team Member
Just what it says. She still has her desk, and still seems to be telling people what to do. They also keep having her listen for LOD in a pinch. Bogus, right?

Not sure if this helps clear anything up or not; but I was told I am in a similar role as the PMT. We are "specialty" TMs, who are "leading" a part of the process. So, we "allowed" to have space in the TL office; we are instrumental in preplanning meetings, and we are included in the TL info meetings.
As for "telling people what to do"...... I make the necessary partnerships all day w/ TMs; but it's a collaboration, in my opinion.
And I personally have never been responsible for LOD shifts...... but some VM pals I know do. That's entirely up to the STL.

Thats a good point. We work as a team, and should respect each other, work with each other and listen to each other.

Reactions: Him
It is the same at my store as at Sprinkles' store.

I don't really care for my VML so I was sort of pleased when I heard the news but now I hear she is still "being utilized as a leader by our STL" and they'll probably end up giving her another TL position or signing her off for ETL but her attitude is horrible.

I don't really care for my VML so I was sort of pleased when I heard the news but now I hear she is still "being utilized as a leader by our STL" and they'll probably end up giving her another TL position or signing her off for ETL but her attitude is horrible.
Sounds like she deserves it. Sounds like she’ll do great. What are YOU doing?

They're still at TL pay. They got a demotion so they shouldn't be taking LOD calls any more than any regular TL should, but they should absolutely be treated as a TL and can give direction to team members in any area of the store, especially softlines.
Nah

One time the softlines tl told backroom to push large SL orders that were return to stock back to the floor and we laughed at her

Sounds like she deserves it. Sounds like she’ll do great. What are YOU doing?
Currently SFS captain for 4th quarter. Also Food Safety captain. I have a bachelors in business so when talking to my STL he said we'll see how I do in this new assignment and see if I'm ready to be signed off. What is your position?

Currently SFS captain for 4th quarter. Also Food Safety captain. I have a bachelors in business so when talking to my STL he said we'll see how I do in this new assignment and see if I'm ready to be signed off. What is your position?

You may have poked the bear. ;)

It would be one thing if I was a softlines TM...
you sound like the little old bitter fucks that fight on flow. one is a trainer and thinks he knows everything even as he does it wrong. The other does it wrong but in an entirely different way. But refused to listen to the trainer because he's not a tl. I normally have to straighten them both out. Just because I'm "only" a tm doesn't invalidate my knowledge or mean you don't listen.

Vml-ish people are likely to keep their tl stance til they are replaced. Mines a princess, you could make her push carts and she'd find a tm to get it done for her.

Its ok... give respect. Doesn’t hurt to be told what to do. Let her shine.
Of course we have to be respectful, but it's little different when you VML clearly doesn't know what she's talking about when she tries to be a SLTL, not saying that berry red's doesn't, I don't know their specific situation. Our last VML was a nightmare, she refused to do her job and instead ordered the old brand TMs around and couldn't even get making a break-out right. She raised her voice at me and other TMs over non-issues and gave me and other TMs stupid projects to do when we had our own things to already do. Not to mention, many times when I was stuck doing what she told me to do I would get into trouble with another leader because they were wondering why I was working on that and not on what I was supposed to be doing....no one missed her when she decided to quit one day.

Yeah especially if they were hired as a team lead why should they immediately be kicked out of leadership because corporate wants to pay new hires less money?

For the same reason, I right now am taking on 10x the responsibility, a regular TM has. while getting the same pay. Shit I am building the foundation of our Fourth Quarter by myself (Literally, besides the Gondolas in Rear Seasonal).

Also Corporate wants to spend more money, on new hires, rather than invest in their core.

For the same reason, I right now am taking on 10x the responsibility, a regular TM has. while getting the same pay. Shit I am building the foundation of our Fourth Quarter by myself (Literally, besides the Gondolas in Rear Seasonal).

Also Corporate wants to spend more money, on new hires, rather than invest in their core.

But as a grandfathered in signing tm you make more than any tm in the store except the vm.

But as a grandfathered in signing tm you make more than any tm in the store except the vm.
Depends how long he's been with Target. The signing TM at my store started about a year ago and is likely below $11.50 right now.

Does pay equate to leadership or skills or respect? Who cares what other people make, much less the VMTL. It’s up to target to pay people what the value the position/person at. Deal with it.

Depends how long he's been with Target. The signing TM at my store started about a year ago and is likely below $11.50 right now.
6yrs, I make 11.53 right now. So its completely possible to only make a pittance over regular tm. Signing didn't make as much as pog at many stores so except for us coming from being a PA we'd likely make a dollar less. they tried to downgrade me when I moved as it was...

That makes sense, hired at 1 dollar over base with no raise when the minimum wage went up. When I was at a 15 dollar store we hired a new signing tm at 16 an hour

6yrs, I make 11.53 right now. So its completely possible to only make a pittance over regular tm. Signing didn't make as much as pog at many stores so except for us coming from being a PA we'd likely make a dollar less. they tried to downgrade me when I moved as it was...

This is bullshit, 5.5 years here, and we have pretty much had the same job pathing, I am 12.50. At the time though, PA and Signing were the same pay grade. I honestly think that if Signing TM's tried to negotiate pay, on the next review extravaganza. There are a lot of HR's etc who would listen, as I also think that ETL's also think it is bullshit, but just can't say anything.

Signing TM is probably the biggest position in the store, where ASANTS, applies though. I have heard horror stories from a former POG TM of mine, who recently transferred.

This is bullshit, 5.5 years here, and we have pretty much had the same job pathing, I am 12.50. At the time though, PA and Signing were the same pay grade. I honestly think that if Signing TM's tried to negotiate pay, on the next review extravaganza. There are a lot of HR's etc who would listen, as I also think that ETL's also think it is bullshit, but just can't say anything.

Signing TM is probably the biggest position in the store, where ASANTS, applies though. I have heard horror stories from a former POG TM of mine, who recently transferred.
Not bullshit. I’ve been with Target for 7.5 years and am makin 11.64 and that’s only because I was a TL in the past. If I was a cashier for 7.5 years, I’d be making 11.00. It depends where the minimum pay was 5-6 years ago. I got hired at 7.25. Some other cities might have been at a minimum of 9 back then, so those TMs got a head start over me, even if the min is the same now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back