Archived Overtime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all

I had a guest today that was in my state on vacation and commented on how busy we were. I then told here we were down team members and probably had a sick call or two. She then asked if we got overtime. I told her no and then she said she worked at a store in another state where they were down lots of team members, as well as team leads. She then said that her store has lost folks to a new Costco, as well a new auto parts factory. She also mentioned that their DTL said "you're down people and are not even close to spending your original payroll or flex hours, so go ahead and let your team have some overtime." She said the schedule for next week had here working 10am-6:30pm Monday-Saturday. Her last comment was that this still does not help, as nothing gets done, as they spend most of their time on a check-out lane.

Anyone else work at a store where they get overtime?

Last edited:
I haven't seen overtime in many years. I have heard of some stores getting it ...However, my store is not one of them.

Considering we have been missing sales by 10,000 + some days, they do not want us having overtime haha

I remember when ( reminds me of my grandpa when he was getting ready to tell a story about walking barefoot in the snow, up hill both ways for two miles just to get to school...lol) we would at least get ot during the 4tth quarter. I would easily work 50-60 hours a week for all of Nov and most of Dec. However, these days I cant seem to get 40 hours let alone OT.

our store is doing OT right now. But we have 37 positions open right now. When i did the cashier schedule last week and posted with no OT (they have to pick up shifts to get it) I had 240 hours to be used that i couldn't fill because all cashiers were maxed out.
It's rough...

My store is allowing it if we go work at the other store. I wish I didn't have a second full time job.

our store is doing OT right now. But we have 37 positions open right now. When i did the cashier schedule last week and posted with no OT (they have to pick up shifts to get it) I had 240 hours to be used that i couldn't fill because all cashiers were maxed out.
It's rough...
My store is down two ETLs for the next several weeks, so a few TLs have been on OT for several weeks in a row (and my stl doesn't seen to care).

Q4 I was regularly working 50 hour weeks as a GSA. It's doable, as long as your work efficiently enough.

I think I heard a team lead stayed for a 10 hour shift once when there was no possible way to close without them...but that was when I first started. I've never heard of any overtime any other time at my store.

Flow team - yes. The rest of us suffer cuts when they do go over.

Flow team? More like... I can't think of anything witty here. Our flow team overspends like mad, doesn't backstock, leaves freight all over the store and only works two and a half of my five pallets.

They regularly overspend 300+ a month, which means salesfloor takes huge cuts every week. My department (consumables) "volunteered" (were forced to) to cut our hours to 180 so flow could use our surplus 60 hours.

Flow team - yes. The rest of us suffer cuts when they do go over.

Flow team? More like... I can't think of anything witty here. Our flow team overspends like mad, doesn't backstock, leaves freight all over the store and only works two and a half of my five pallets.

They regularly overspend 300+ a month, which means salesfloor takes huge cuts every week. My department (consumables) "volunteered" (were forced to) to cut our hours to 180 so flow could use our surplus 60 hours.

Exactly.

Last week when Flow couldn't finish a truck and we had to do their back stock, my IS team changed work centers yes it meant they spent even more hours. But it was a paper trail when we get hammered on why our scans for the week are so low and scans with locs are so high.. For my only scan through shoes of the week(I did the zone as I went) I think it was something like %87 with locs.

I have to ask? WTF are they actually pushing? Cause our pulls are fucking huge, to the point its all hands on deck to pull and push them.. Cause no paper, and what paper there is, is wrong. We know they move pallets around and don't locate them back in the steel.. Paper towels alone was three flatbeds and a towering tub

Love how you get written up if you make the mistake of hitting OT. But, since I became GSA, I've been asked to work overtime 4 or 5 times this year. They were fine with it and so was I. Most f'd up company I've ever worked for.

Last week when Flow couldn't finish a truck and we had to do their back stock, my IS team changed work centers yes it meant they spent even more hours. But it was a paper trail when we get hammered on why our scans for the week are so low and scans with locs are so high.. For my only scan through shoes of the week(I did the zone as I went) I think it was something like %87 with locs.

I have to ask? WTF are they actually pushing? Cause our pulls are fucking huge, to the point its all hands on deck to pull and push them.. Cause no paper, and what paper there is, is wrong. We know they move pallets around and don't locate them back in the steel.. Paper towels alone was three flatbeds and a towering tub

PIPO pallets unlocated in the steel? I'm shocked. That would never happen in such a logistically sound, well run establishment such as Target.

Next you'll tell me that backroom just burns container pulls and takes backstock tags off tubs of backstock product and puts pull tags on it.

I'm just shocked that you would imply such a thing. /s

oh the backstock tubs, they use PTM clips in my store. We promptly check and throw challenge clips on them. We don't put up with their shit.

We had a few weeks where overtime was approved during Q4 last year. I did around 60 hours the week of black friday last year. I had a few days of opening GSTL (7:30-3) followed by a closing (3:00-10) TLOD shift. It freed up all of the TL's schedules so they could focus on black friday. Plus it looked good for my bench interviews lol.

I also did about 8 hours of overtime the week of inventory. Having lacked an APL for god-only-knows how long, our store was a hot mess, so I helped run inventory prep so I got a little overtime for that.

My store had OT in Starbucks once. They had fired a couple of Starbucks TMs around the same time, and the only way to keep Starbucks continually open was by offering overtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back