Archived Pay problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a Starbucks employee and I’m not getting paid what I was told I would be getting payed... when I found out I asked HR to help me with it and she said she’d take care of it... that was like 9 months ago and I stupidly just assumed she took care of it. Now I have just checked and I’m still not getting paid what I was told I would be paid and they owe me $299.46. However, if I bring it up to HR that is employed now, I’m scared I might be fired or become one of the hated employees by management. I just need advice😪

I’m a Starbucks employee and I’m not getting paid what I was told I would be getting payed... when I found out I asked HR to help me with it and she said she’d take care of it... that was like 9 months ago and I stupidly just assumed she took care of it. Now I have just checked and I’m still not getting paid what I was told I would be paid and they owe me $299.46. However, if I bring it up to HR that is employed now, I’m scared I might be fired or become one of the hated employees by management. I just need advice😪
This isn't unheard of. If you have a record of the conversation that you had with the previous HR, I would recommend bringing it up to your ETL (or an ETL you feel comfortable with) and mentioning what's going on, just be sure to be nice about it and give the HR person you spoke to the benefit of the doubt if you don't want to ruffle feathers.

Now, if you don't have any record of your original conversation with HR....I'm not sure if there is really a next step or anything they're supposed to do for you if it's all word of mouth and no paper trail.

Did you say anything about the pay issue at your review. That paperwork can help you get your back pay. Go on workday to get it.

Something I learned the hard way. Document everything. I have a composition book I bring to work every day. If I have a talk with leadership about pay, benefits, or development, I note it in the book. If they ask me to do something I'm not scheduled for, I note it in the book. If I receive a guest compliment, I note it in the book. If I get a RedCard application or sell a Square Trade plan, I note it in the book. That way, if they dispute my version of events, there is a written documentation of it

Something I learned the hard way. Document everything. I have a composition book I bring to work every day. If I have a talk with leadership about pay, benefits, or development, I note it in the book. If they ask me to do something I'm not scheduled for, I note it in the book. If I receive a guest compliment, I note it in the book. If I get a RedCard application or sell a Square Trade plan, I note it in the book. That way, if they dispute my version of events, there is a written documentation of it
note though that all position descriptions mention something along the lines of "other tasks as needed" so being asked to do something outside of your position is allowed (not saying don't document it, just that you can't really go after them for it)

I've been thinking about doing something similar for things I make sure get done that directly result in sales for the store. i.e. mark down full display of Sharpies and sell out completely over the weekend, move clearance furniture to front endcap and sell within a day.

note though that all position descriptions mention something along the lines of "other tasks as needed" so being asked to do something outside of your position is allowed (not saying don't document it, just that you can't really go after them for it)
It's not really to go after them, as much as it is my answer to the question they always ask when performance reviews come around, or when you go in to ask about cross-training or development opportunities, "What have you done for us lately?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back