Archived Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though log teams always had a pay bump with the old grading system, I've been told we're now at the same paygrade as the new cashiers/sf while the E2E teams are making more than us. Our store still has us doing a lot of the E2E team tasks. We use power equipment, cover E2E work, do 3k+ units of sfs making all of those sales, but make the same as new cashiers/sf. And I'm also expected to be a captain.
While I definitely think the E2E teams deserve the differential (holy moses do they expect a shit ton from us), I think it's ridiculous that GSAs and truck don't have any sort of differential. Handling significant amounts of cash and doing hard physical labor? That's worth the differential.

It's absolutely mental. Do yourself a favor and don't kill yourself doing this job. The performance reviews are totally meaningless. The tiny raise you get will be erased once they bump up the minimum rate again.

Do enough to get by. Nothing more.

Target fair. Huh.

No raise all “food & beverage experts” make 12.50 per hour starting.

I’ve been here 5 1/2 years and now make 12.51 per hour.

This whole "expert" thing bothers me. Not every team member is capable of being an "expert". It's unfair that lazy and unproductive team members make the same pay as hard working and productive team members while having the same title due to modernization.

Lol nope
I've been here for 12 years and I make $12.50 as Electronics + Mobile. The biggest slap in the face was when I got my biggest review raise ever (.48 iirc. ) Which brought me up to $12.21 just to lose it when our minimum went up a month later. Only still here because they're giving me hours.
I’m sorry. You’ve got one year on me.

Oops I never got to why I doubt we'll ever see the $15/hr. It's a goal Target set to reach, but it's nearly 2019, I figured we'd be at $13.00/hr this fall, but I haven't seen it. No one has. If they raise us next spring, that puts us on track for 2021 being the year of $15/hr... if we get there.

I can't see Target, a multi-billion corporation, willingly paying $15/hr to newcomers. Really it should be the veterans getting the pay increase while starting stays at $12/hr, which I think is fair... but putting the veterans and experienced TMs in line with everyone else is wrong. If it ain't wrong, it just feels wrong. No one is really surprised this is what it came to.

If we do ever reach $15/hr, our benefits are probably only going to get shittier.

Depends on the market. They are paying that in places. Last year I know the seasonals were getting $15 which was just under what I was making.. This year its a dollar less at $14 but the A&A peeps are making 14.50 so they are not so happy.. They found out when the regular employees found out they were making less than this idiot they were training the turn over was huge and most didn't bother to give notice hell they are still not giving notice just ghosting the store. But that is part the treatment by leadership you get what you give..

It's absolutely mental. Do yourself a favor and don't kill yourself doing this job. The performance reviews are totally meaningless. The tiny raise you get will be erased once they bump up the minimum rate again.

Do enough to get by. Nothing more.
This. I used to care almost all the time (everyone gets to have an "off" day) and occasionally I still do care about doing a great job. But mostly nope, it's just not worth the frustration and aggravation. There's no reward in it, more like the opposite of reward.

This. I used to care almost all the time (everyone gets to have an "off" day) and occasionally I still do care about doing a great job. But mostly nope, it's just not worth the frustration and aggravation. There's no reward in it, more like the opposite of reward.
Yeah, I still work hard most days, but only because it makes time go faster. I just never stress myself out when stuff doesn't get done and rarely stay over. Once I'm gone--I'm gone. And I also don't feed into the work place drama. Management's mind games rarely phase me.

Yeah, I still work hard most days, but only because it makes time go faster. I just never stress myself out when stuff doesn't get done and rarely stay over. Once I'm gone--I'm gone. And I also don't feed into the work place drama. Management's mind games rarely phase me.
That's me! I'm running on all four spares and just don't give a shit like I did before. I stopped stressing. I don't even stay extra. Nor do I come when OT is allowed. I run my ass out.

It's like a prison atmosphere

With Target's increase to pay to $15.00 by/in 2020, if you fall between the $12.00 - $15.00 wage, then there is no need to work harder than someone else, esp if you are a veteran. All people will be bumped up the same amount at times designated by corporate so just coast through until then. . . Of course, this isn't applicable if you are being coached and can lose your job. Otherwise, just work as hard as the 16 year old who has his/her phone on the salesfloor at all times. So thanks to Target for letting me slack off until 2020! You are awesome for letting me become a slacker for the next 2 years:cool:!

That's me! I'm running on all four spares and just don't give a shit like I did before. I stopped stressing. I don't even stay extra. Nor do I come when OT is allowed. I run my ass out.
Yes! It feels good just not caring lol :D

The $12 an hour is a joke anyways. What good is that when the average person here will never see 40 hours a week? In most cases you'd still be better of with a lower paying job that will work you like a slave.

I have a feeling that this will be the worse January since I started 4 years ago. With all the jobs that they rolled together, the hours will be lower than usual. Think this will be the year I bug out lol

I don't know why Target is dragging their feet with this $15 an hour promise. In my area, I think minimum is $13....however a lot of grocery stores and some retail, and even some fast food, are already paying $15. It makes me wonder why anyone would want to come to Target. I think our overall image is still positive to most people, so it's a shock to our newbies when they see what it's like to work at Target these days.

I've gotten a raise outside of my review. I originally started off at 10.50/hr (live in CA) before Target decided to increase their minimum wage (I also know CA is also raising their wage as well). I went up a couple of cents in my first review and then a few months later my ETL came up to me and said he was trying to give me, along with two other TMs, a dollar raise. In the meantime, CA's minimum wage raised an additional 50 cents, as they promised to increase the minimum wage to $15 I believe. So, I was making 11/hr now. A couple of months later, after speaking with the STL and HR, spot agreed to give me and the other three TMs the raise; I was making 12/hr before 12/hr within my first year.

Did I work hard for it? Sure, I guess. Was it fair? I didn't feel like it was. I ended up having Spot take about $20 out of my paycheck each time for charity/donation.

No, at my store no one got a paybump if they were already making the new store minimum. My store went to $15 minimum right before Q4 so all new hires made $15 right off the bat and any TMs that were under $15 received a bump that brought them even. It sucked because before that I'd been able to make a case for giving the GSAs $15 (which was above the min at the time) and was not allowed to give them another. So my GSAs were making the same as the new idiot TMs. I had to basically make them flex fill captains to give them another pay bump since that was the only area of the store my STL was willing to pay more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back