Archived PDA beep noises

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea if we could do this in-store, but can the beeping noises the pda's make be changed? Half of the pda's I use make this really fast springy noise and the other half make this really annoying, longer, two-toned "ba-dum" noise. I work in the backroom, and when I get a pda that makes the longer noise, I feel like pulling and backstocking takes forever.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to program the noises the pda's make, especially those made in RF apps.

I have no idea if we could do this in-store, but can the beeping noises the pda's make be changed? Half of the pda's I use make this really fast springy noise and the other half make this really annoying, longer, two-toned "ba-dum" noise. I work in the backroom, and when I get a pda that makes the longer noise, I feel like pulling and backstocking takes forever.

I'm just wondering if it's possible to program the noises the pda's make, especially those made in RF apps.

The one that is faster is an MC9090 and the slower one is an MC9060. You can tell which one you have easily through two ways - look at the speaker holes at the top. The 9090 has 3 while the 9060 has 5. Also, unless recent software updates have changed this, the clock on the 9060 looks like bolder font while the 9090 has a thinner regular looking font.

So just try to find a 9090 when you grab your equipment for the day.

The one that is faster is an MC9090 and the slower one is an MC9060. You can tell which one you have easily through two ways - look at the speaker holes at the top. The 9090 has 3 while the 9060 has 5. Also, unless recent software updates have changed this, the clock on the 9060 looks like bolder font while the 9090 has a thinner regular looking font.

You just made my life a hundred times easier.

You just made my life a hundred times easier.
Also, flip the PDA over & look for model number of 9090.

The MC9200 is in pilot at some stores right now and is supposed to roll out globally in Q3, at least according to the Target Wiki. I'll believe it when I see them. They will run a version of Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back