Archived PDA update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read my email from our GE and on 9/23 our store will receive a PDA update to add some of the apps back on there that was taken off. PCV, SIM and a few others. I laughed because I think spot is starting to see that the my devices are a bust.

Why are they a bust? I prefer them over the old, but all I do is order or QMOS food and see where an item goes or the price.

There are so many issues with the my devices and this their way of quietly saying we screwed up so let's put some of the apps back on the device that is more reliable. Don't get me wrong the my device is good for some tasks but for the heavier tasks it just can't handle it. Short battery life to freezing up to task not dropping off and more.

I will get the exact info and post in the morning. Since I'm the pricing tl the SIM and PCV caught my eye but there are a few other apps going back on the PDA

yeah im not a huge fan of the pda. i started working at spot when they were fazing them out of instocks. so never really worked on them that long. but when i use them for backroom, they can be a real pain in the ass and clunky. they freeze up frequently, and when the battery dies... you're better off trying to beg someone for a new one... or you'll have to restart after every single pull or every single sto. but the mydevices certainly arent the greatest either. but i will admit, when they are working, they are pretty amazing. all i know is our pricing team always complains when having to use mydevices, and they were told a while ago they couldnt use the pda's soon. i laughed. that'll free up some pdas, a valuable commodity in our store.

Ok here are some of the apps returning. RF Order, PF Order, Seasonal, SIM, PCV, and Sign. Also FA prompts. If a tm tries to cancel a order the LOD receives an alert on red wire.

I like the mydevices, but I don't like how you can't swap out the battery if it's dying.

That is the downfall of them. I just love dropping it in a charger very break and lunch hoping someone hasn't taken it. Cause in a overnight store they never charge.

I like the mydevices, but I don't like how you can't swap out the battery if it's dying.

buy a portable battery charger. i know money can be tight, and no one should have to buy something for work... but i bought one for fifteen bucks. works wonders.

buy a portable battery charger. i know money can be tight, and no one should have to buy something for work... but i bought one for fifteen bucks. works wonders.
Not a good idea. Spot will find out & get you. Just ask for an extra charging station through sap & place in electronics or back room.

What kind fits the mydevice? We requisitioned a couple but they didn't fit. Target mobile said they had nothing..

Ordering with the myDevice is easy, but there's a lot of needless waiting compared to the PDA. You can't build up a queue where the PDA catches up. Also, if you scan something, then decide you don't need it and then scan another item, you have to scroll down and hit order again. With a PDA, I can do an order in ~5 minutes. myDevices take ~15 minutes. Also, covering the other barcodes when you order is another needless step. There should be a separate app for ordering. I think you could do a lot with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back