Archived PDA'S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soooo is there any way for me to fix a PDA in terms of the buttons doubling up when pushed, (with out sending it in for repair) I backstock real fast and when it enters 22 instead of 2 (and so on) I have to backtrack and therefore I get screwed.

It's a known issue with the MC9200 PDAs (the ones with the crosshair). It most likely won't get fixed since the PDAs are being phased out in favor of the MyDevices (or iPDAs if you're an Apple fanboy). Just watch the screen as you type.

It's a known issue with the MC9200 PDAs (the ones with the crosshair). It most likely won't get fixed since the PDAs are being phased out in favor of the MyDevices (or iPDAs if you're an Apple fanboy). Just watch the screen as you type.
Do you know when the pda's will be gone? I think productivity will slow down (in my mind)?.

I don't think the itouches can preform backroom functions. at least not the ones in my store.

The MyDevices can't perform backroom tasks yet. That will come sometime next year. Until then, you'll have to use a PDA.

Ok, I get it. They DONT HAVE RF APPS. IM JUst asking about pda's not lpda, my device, or other stuff. help me with something new that I dont know, like how to delete this dumb thread I made

If you really want to delete the thread all you have to do is delete your first post.
That will delete the thread.

So our store got the allocated 9200 PDAs in for use over the weekend for when the older one go away. I swear, one looks like it was built from a combination of 9060, 9090, & 9200. I call it the Walmart PDA because it looks like crap. Doesn't even have our logo on it & has a almost bluish transparent keyboard face where you can see its innards. It just looks like it's been through hell, haha.

So our store got the allocated 9200 PDAs in for use over the weekend for when the older one go away. I swear, one looks like it was built from a combination of 9060, 9090, & 9200. I call it the Walmart PDA because it looks like crap. Doesn't even have our logo on it & has a almost bluish transparent keyboard face where you can see its innards. It just looks like it's been through hell, haha.
I was in Walmart the other day and saw an employee with what looked like a newer/smaller LPDA strapped to his wrist. It actually looked pretty sleek.

9090 PDAs & LPDAs are going away in two weeks for my store. I knew it was coming.

i just want accessories with it, b/c holding an ipod like that will suck for pulling and backstocking, does anyone have info on this excpt when it cones out???

i just want accessories with it, b/c holding an ipod like that will suck for pulling and backstocking, does anyone have info on this excpt when it cones out???

ive always used an lpda for pull/stow so this is just a smaller-lighter-be more careful not to drop it version :D
seems more efficient for stowing so far, just need to get batch pulls in them :eek:

The 9200s are pretty terrible. I love that they're much faster toggling from one app to another, but the inconvenience of the keyboard doubling up on buttons you press does get annoying. There was one at my store that would spill out a string of jumbled letters/numbers when you pressed one button. So "2" became "2fo9h483f9".

LPDAs are fine, I just have a pet peeve of new(er) back room TMs using them during CAFs. You are moving slow enough while you're still learning your way around. Why slow everyone down even further by fumbling through the T9-text messaging stylings of the LPDA? /rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back