Archived Perfect Attendance Should Be Rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
Who has never missed a scheduled work day?

I'm hitting my first year and I haven't missed a single day, much less even been late. I always arrive early enough to clock in five minutes before. I want that extra 47 cents!

Am I the only one?

I think this is worth (at least) a 100 buck bonus, added to your check.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I think I average 1 call out every 4 months. Much better track record than 90% of my store. Never NCNS.

I want to agree, but it's illogical to want more for doing something you agreed to.

They did that at my store. We were having huge problems with attendance, so if you went a certain amount of time without being late or calling out, you got put in a raffle for some prize. Unfortunately, our store sucks at advertising and staying consistent with these types of things. All I saw of this was a shitty sign by the time clock. I have no idea who won, and what they got.

They did that at my store. We were having huge problems with attendance, so if you went a certain amount of time without being late or calling out, you got put in a raffle for some prize. Unfortunately, our store sucks at advertising and staying consistent with these types of things. All I saw of this was a shitty sign by the time clock. I have no idea who won, and what they got.

We had that at my store. There was a big sign with a bunch of TM names on it and every time someone would call off their name would be crossed out with green highlighter. I don't think anyone ever actually won anything though.

Having only called out five times in a year and a half of working, (and having been called in more than enough times to make up for that) I wouldn't mind some recognition or encouragement for others to do the same. Some of the newer people are having trouble with the concept of showing up on time to work.

I want to agree, but it's illogical to want more for doing something you agreed to.

100% this. People who complain about there not being food in the break room always amuse me. Or complaining about the food they DO have in the break room. Target gives you a paycheck. Maybe it's not the fat paycheck you were hoping for, but you agreed to work for that amount of money per hour. Target owes you nothing more.

Having only called out five times in a year and a half of working, (and having been called in more than enough times to make up for that) I wouldn't mind some recognition or encouragement for others to do the same. Some of the newer people are having trouble with the concept of showing up on time to work.

Only? 5 times is kind of a lot over the course of a year/ year and a half. It's normal, but it's still kind of a lot.

Only? 5 times is kind of a lot over the course of a year/ year and a half. It's normal, but it's still kind of a lot.

Compared to some others at my store, its not. I only call out if I cant drive or I'm dying.

Compared to some others at my store, its not. I only call out if I cant drive or I'm dying.

Yeah, but is comparing yourself to the lowest performing employees really the best way to evaluate your attendance? There are people in my store who call out every other week. However there are people whom almost never call out. I probably average the same amount of call outs as you. I consider that about normal attendance, not really something worth recognition just because some people suck.

Yeah, but is comparing yourself to the lowest performing employees really the best way to evaluate your attendance? There are people in my store who call out every other week. However there are people whom almost never call out. I probably average the same amount of call outs as you. I consider that about normal attendance, not really something worth recognition just because some people suck.

... That's a good point I forgot to consider.

... That's a good point I forgot to consider.

Coincidently, I didn't go to work today. My second call out of the year. I'll probably collect two more at the end of the year when I inevitably get destroyed by whatever disease is floating around during the winter months.

Coincidently, I didn't go to work today. My second call out of the year. I'll probably collect two more at the end of the year when I inevitably get destroyed by whatever disease is floating around during the winter months.
Yep...until I ended up with the flu right before Christmas, I had made it 15 months without being late or calling out.

And I was rewarded for that 15 months of perfect attendance...I was able to call of for those two days without anyone blinking an eye or suspecting I was lying.

To me it's simple.

Every year, 100 bucks.

And if you can actually display a doctor's excuse? You're Golden.

I have never been late or called off in a little over two years being with target. I won a $250 giftcard for not being late, calling off, or having a missed punch last year during 4th quarter.

The only thing about winter that scares me is the fact that if it snows, the hill I live on becomes an ice mound...

Who has never missed a scheduled work day?

I'm hitting my first year and I haven't missed a single day, much less even been late. I always arrive early enough to clock in five minutes before. I want that extra 79 cents!

Am I the only one?

I think this is worth (at least) a 100 buck bonus, added to your check.

Thoughts?
I've never missed a day I was scheduled. I have asked off but that was a while ago. :p

Our store used to give away prizes if you had perfect attendance and no punch corrections for the month. I won once and then it seems like they stopped doing it. I only called out 2 times in my entire year there because I was sick. I hated missing work. I showed up for my shift the day after I had a seizure in the store and was forced to go home. They should give something to the ones who always show up for their shift. Make it something awesome so the serial call-outers might actually start showing up for work.

That's all I'm saying...

I mean, at the end of the day perfect attendance is borderline expected of you. I know it'd be nice to get a little something extra, but it's really nothing special to just punch in every day.

Focus should really be done on the stuff you do at work, not whether you're at work at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back