Archived Performance increase - %

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it makes you feel any better your CEO will never have a cap on his pay and still gets a nice raise and bonus even though he sucks at his job. Your sacrifice pays him more.

How does he suck at his job? His job is to run a successful business and he does. If he sucked at his job, he'd be fired. Maybe you're jealous because he's worked those 80 hour weeks so that you can have a job? If you think running a multi-billion dollar business is a cake walk, try it some time. Oh wait, you aren't qualified. Get over it. If you don't like your position in life, make it better or stop whining.

or maybe i'm the one who's jealous because i work two full time jobs to help pay for my schooling and family, and i kept my tgt job for the great ppo insurance. yet now i'm going to be out thousands because of a ****ty hra and because the ceo needs a nice bonus. it does tend to stir up anger amongst us serfs. IMO, the ceo is riding the coat tails of someone who used to run a successful business and will ride that gravy train to the bank at the expense of the tm.

I'm not a corporate shill. If you have a comment for me, why don't you just post it? Are you afraid? Don't hide behind the PMs. Be a man (in the figurative sense, of course.) ;)

does posting this publicly make you more of a man on an online message board? LOL.

If it makes you feel any better your CEO will never have a cap on his pay and still gets a nice raise and bonus even though he sucks at his job. Your sacrifice pays him more.

How does he suck at his job? His job is to run a successful business and he does. If he sucked at his job, he'd be fired. Maybe you're jealous because he's worked those 80 hour weeks so that you can have a job? If you think running a multi-billion dollar business is a cake walk, try it some time. Oh wait, you aren't qualified. Get over it. If you don't like your position in life, make it better or stop whining.

or maybe i'm the one who's jealous because i work two full time jobs to help pay for my schooling and family, and i kept my tgt job for the great ppo insurance. yet now i'm going to be out thousands because of a ****ty hra and because the ceo needs a nice bonus. it does tend to stir up anger amongst us serfs. IMO, the ceo is riding the coat tails of someone who used to run a successful business and will ride that gravy train to the bank at the expense of the tm.

I'm not a corporate shill. If you have a comment for me, why don't you just post it? Are you afraid? Don't hide behind the PMs. Be a man (in the figurative sense, of course.) ;)

does posting this publicly make you more of a man on an online message board? LOL.

At least I make the statements on the board instead of hiding behind private messages. That's all I'm saying.

Lets see what a great job he is doing. Hmmm well same store sales suck, 4 quarter was a wash, Targets website fails on a regular basis, silly and poorly executed ideas like Neiman Marcus flop on a regular basis, stores are a mess and shelves half empty and Targets reputation for great service has become a thing of the past. So Target needs profits and Target needs rising profits every year. So the simple thing to do is cut payroll and staffing. It is the easy move and requires no thought or talent. Now that well has run dry how about cutting benifits. Now that they are running out of things to cut what will they do next? Leave the company that is what. And then the next poor sap has to come in and try and fix the mess. If you think Targets CEO cares at all about Targets long term health your fooling yourself. This is the era of the day trader and golden parachutes. Get what you can and as much as you can, the rest is not your problem. As for me, I do not have a job. Nor do I need one. I worked at Target to have something to do. When it started to suck I left. I have been lucky enough to have made a lot of very wise investments early in life. Sadly most people working at Target do my fortune in life. They are stuck working hard for crap pay and no benefits. Now I am a Target guest mostly because I am married and that woman loves to shop. However more and more as of late she, who once loved Target, goes less often and spends less time and money. Why? Messy stores, less hip stuff, empty shelves, no help, long lines and her biggest annoyance pushing the truck and blocking places when the store is open. Do I think running a company like Target is easy? No. Do I think Targets leadership has any idea what do about the mess it is in? No. Do I think a more talented CEO would make a huge difference for the company? Yes. So does he suck? Yeah pretty much he does.

You are capped for your paygrade level. If you are capped you only get a raise for EX and O. I am capped and got 2% for a EX this year as well. I am happy with what I got, I think I am making quite a lot for being a salesfloor TM.

Lets see what a great job he is doing. Hmmm well same store sales suck, 4 quarter was a wash, Targets website fails on a regular basis, silly and poorly executed ideas like Neiman Marcus flop on a regular basis, stores are a mess and shelves half empty and Targets reputation for great service has become a thing of the past. So Target needs profits and Target needs rising profits every year. So the simple thing to do is cut payroll and staffing. It is the easy move and requires no thought or talent. Now that well has run dry how about cutting benifits. Now that they are running out of things to cut what will they do next? Leave the company that is what. And then the next poor sap has to come in and try and fix the mess. If you think Targets CEO cares at all about Targets long term health your fooling yourself. This is the era of the day trader and golden parachutes. Get what you can and as much as you can, the rest is not your problem. As for me, I do not have a job. Nor do I need one. I worked at Target to have something to do. When it started to suck I left. I have been lucky enough to have made a lot of very wise investments early in life. Sadly most people working at Target do my fortune in life. They are stuck working hard for crap pay and no benefits. Now I am a Target guest mostly because I am married and that woman loves to shop. However more and more as of late she, who once loved Target, goes less often and spends less time and money. Why? Messy stores, less hip stuff, empty shelves, no help, long lines and her biggest annoyance pushing the truck and blocking places when the store is open. Do I think running a company like Target is easy? No. Do I think Targets leadership has any idea what do about the mess it is in? No. Do I think a more talented CEO would make a huge difference for the company? Yes. So does he suck? Yeah pretty much he does.

Maintaining in this economy is pretty superior to lots of companies. Perhaps you hadn't noticed that this country was/is in the Great Recession. Maybe the shelves are empty in your store. In my store, if the shelves are empty, it's because of internal issues. We have product in the backroom, but not on the shelves. We don't have long lines and my store is not messy, ever. You can blame Gregg for the mess healthcare is in, but that seems rather ridiculous. Golden parachutes are so 1980s. All in all, your whines are without merit.

I didn't see a single valid point, except that you got rich off somebody's back and that was cool, in your opinion.

I kept telling myself I wasn't going to get into this one, mostly because I'm pretty sure everyone has heard everything I have to say on the subject but here goes nothing.

The gap between the those of us that do the work in this country and the handful of CEO's has gotten progressively worse over the past thirty years.
While our productivity has in fact gone up due to technology and companies creating conditions of constant whitewater, our wages have remained stagnant.
From 1978 to 2011, CEO compensation increased more than 725 percent.
Sorry but there is no way you can tell me that anyone is worth that much more to the company than the people who do the actual labor to keep the doors open.
The kind of decisions that have been made are based entirely around a business model that perpetuates that inequality.
If he was willing to make some of the more humane steps like the CEO of Costco and cut his salary, make sure everyone has the hours they need to survive, let them organize if that's what they want, and have full health care, well then I'd believe he cared about the company.
Right now I'm pretty sure all he cares about is himself and his cronies.

Here's the link to the article about CEOs salaries,
http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2012/05/03/475952/ceo-pay-faster-worker-pay/

Last edited:
Everyone lauds Costco, but getting full time there is very difficult. After four years of lay offs and part time temporary my friend works in the "bakery" (he usually works weekends pushing carts), he finally got hired permanent part time so yeah, he makes $11.50 an hour, but only gets 18-20 hours a week. He can't afford the insurance because while, yes, Costco pays 90% of the costs, he can't even pay his 10% on 18 hours a week.

You complain about Gregg, but he started in merchandising and in only 20 years, he worked his way up to CEO, President and Chairman of a multi-billion $$ corporation. I say kudos for hard work and determination.

I've heard of people's wages increasing when they moved to a store with a higher base, but I've never heard of someone losing pay moving to another store. That just doesn't seem right at all. There go all the merit raises you've gotten.
My second store started people out at 6.25-6.50 at one time and they have a max at $9.00. But the store I started out at, I got $7.00 starting out and maxed at $9.50 for my paygrade. Then when I transferred to the second store, the cost of living was less and that store's max pay for that paygrade.

Target stock price is at a high point right now... Looks like whatever Gregg is doing is working.

Btw I just got my review and got an O. I am not sure what the cap is but I was making around $11 before. But my merit increase page on my review stated my performance grade was an Excellent, not Outstanding. Therefore, I received a 4.5%. I talked to my HR and he thinks someone messed up so he is going to look at it (since I believe O is 6.5% if they haven't changed it from last year). So I don't think I'm at the cap yet for a regular team member and in your case it could be a mistake as well like mine was.

Maintaining in this economy is pretty superior to lots of companies. Perhaps you hadn't noticed that this country was/is in the Great Recession. Maybe the shelves are empty in your store. In my store, if the shelves are empty, it's because of internal issues. We have product in the backroom, but not on the shelves. We don't have long lines and my store is not messy, ever. You can blame Gregg for the mess healthcare is in, but that seems rather ridiculous. Golden parachutes are so 1980s. All in all, your whines are without merit.

I didn't see a single valid point, except that you got rich off somebody's back and that was cool, in your opinion.

I have money because I took half of every paycheck while I was in the military and invested it and took the returns from that and invested it. I am glad you work at the one store in the company that has plenty of staffing and full sales floor. And are we really going try and blame the economy for that 4th quarter? Targets profit drops 2% from the year before. So what now? Reducing prices is creating a loss of profit. Payroll has been cut massively over the last fews years, can it be cut more? Benifits gone, no more to cut their. So the only things that Gregg has gotten to work, cutting prices and staffing can not be cut anymore. His other attempts? Target taking over its own website? How many times has that bit him in the ass? Pfresh that was suppose to make up for its low profit margins by boosting sale in higher margin areas of the store? Not working. Cross promotions? One that was popular but, ended up ticking people off because stores did not get half the stuff to begin with and as usual Target.com crashed. The others? Well to say they did not go well would be kind. How about all that money spent on that disaster of a logistics update a few years ago that they spent the rest of year pulling out of the system? How would all that look on your review? I find in interesting that you give Gregg a pass because of the economy but, that Gregg does not give store leadership a pass because of it. Do you know how well asking for a pass because of the economy for not making sales would go for you if you were an STL? In the end I say this. If you really think Target is a healthy company put some money in it long term. Not short term so that when they decide to get rid of another group of Team Leads gives the stock a bump. I mean put that money and leave it for 10 years. I know investing and that is not one I would I make.

You can always question your review, it is your right also to not sign it. I just got my review and got and E with a 3.5 percent raise

I have money because I took half of every paycheck while I was in the military and invested it and took the returns from that and invested it. I am glad you work at the one store in the company that has plenty of staffing and full sales floor. And are we really going try and blame the economy for that 4th quarter? Targets profit drops 2% from the year before. So what now? Reducing prices is creating a loss of profit. Payroll has been cut massively over the last fews years, can it be cut more? Benifits gone, no more to cut their. So the only things that Gregg has gotten to work, cutting prices and staffing can not be cut anymore. His other attempts? Target taking over its own website? How many times has that bit him in the ass? Pfresh that was suppose to make up for its low profit margins by boosting sale in higher margin areas of the store? Not working. Cross promotions? One that was popular but, ended up ticking people off because stores did not get half the stuff to begin with and as usual Target.com crashed. The others? Well to say they did not go well would be kind. How about all that money spent on that disaster of a logistics update a few years ago that they spent the rest of year pulling out of the system? How would all that look on your review? I find in interesting that you give Gregg a pass because of the economy but, that Gregg does not give store leadership a pass because of it. Do you know how well asking for a pass because of the economy for not making sales would go for you if you were an STL? In the end I say this. If you really think Target is a healthy company put some money in it long term. Not short term so that when they decide to get rid of another group of Team Leads gives the stock a bump. I mean put that money and leave it for 10 years. I know investing and that is not one I would I make.

To your last point, Motley Fool Blog, from whom I've taken stock advice for years, suggests that Target is one of five stocks to "keep forever." I'm happy that you made money in the stock market. But you don't seem too thrilled that Gregg answers to shareholders. What's the difference in Target's shareholders making money off the backs of its employees and you making money off the backs of the employees whose companies you invested in?

For you to assert that the economy has had no effect on Target's performance is disingenuous. No one or no corporation hasn't been affected by this severe recession. The smart ones survived. Target has certainly changed business practices over the years to conform to the current markets and demographics. Any corporation which doesn't is doomed. Target is certainly not doomed.

So I am going to ask HR if I am at my cap next time we are on together. If I am not at my cap I will ask why my increase was not even equal to cost of living and not the same percentage as others who got the same EX score

So I am going to ask HR if I am at my cap next time we are on together. If I am not at my cap I will ask why my increase was not even equal to cost of living and not the same percentage as others who got the same EX score
Be careful with your phrasing on that because they look down upon sharing pay details(probably for this very reason, but that doesn't make it right). Don't want to see you to give them any reason to single you out.

If anyone wants to feel better about themselves, I received a U + 0%. You better believe I did not sign that ****.

Stockholders eat that crap up. Stock is over 70. *face palm*

Part of the reason that the stock is up is because Spot used a bunch of its profits from last year to buy back a bunch of the stock.
Less stock on the market higher the cost, more money that the execs get from their stock options.

Couldn't have said it better!

I am maxed out like super maxed out for my position! Last year my team lead came up to me and was like "I gave you an outstanding you really deserve it" As a former TL myself if you read the actual performance review and qualifications of what it takes to get an O I think very very very very few people actually really deserve it. I told him thanks for the thought but I know they will come back and bump it down. Sure enough they did bump it down to EX.... I still did get a raise because when you are maxed you need either a EX or O to get any sort of a raise.... Well After review the my team lead moved onto another job and my new team lead while my performance didnt suffer any only gave me an E......... So no raise for me! I know I am an EX and my TL held a grudge on me because there was some drama that I had nothing to do with but they thought I did when it actually wasnt me!

Does somebody know, what is a cap for N13 paygrade? I know it varies, but I'm curious for low volume stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back