Archived Performance increase - %

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told today during my performance review that I got an excellent rating but I am just getting a 2% raise. I was told the raise would have been higher if I was earning less.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Can I question this increase? Would it get me anywhere, or would it just be a waste of time?

Is there a certain increase % that goes along with the rating score?

If you are at your paygrade wage cap, then you only get a raise with an E, EX, or O, (it may just be EX and O, I can't remember) and the percent increase is less. I think 1, 2, and 3% for E, EX, and O respectively.

How do I find out the cap for a grade N9?

I can't believe I would be at the cap being in the position under a year. I feel shafted

Well I am sure I am not alone in feeling shafted or feeling like I work harder than I need to. Damn, I imagine if I had gotten a better increase it would mean more gets taken in taxes. I am not one to slow down or not get the job done but going above and beyond (I feel I do) really has not gotten me anywhere.

How much money, in %, depends on store performance, not you. If you got 2% raise for EX, it means all TM and TLs who got EX are getting 2%, in your store.

I think it depends on how much money your store made that year, but 2%? i got an E last year and i got 2% idk. probably got screwed like a lot of people. ( still waiting on my review).

I was under the impression that increase percentages stayed the same, but due to store performance the percentage of each score the exec team can give is different. So one store might have 1 O while another has 7 Os even though they have the same size staff who perform at the same level all things considered other than sales.

You got a lower percentage because you are over the salary cap for your position. Example you make $12.50, cap is at 12, you got 2%. Some one who is at the same position as you and gets the same review score but is under the cap (example, $8.50), will have got a 4% raise for an EX score

Sounds like you're capped but being in the pos/PG for less than a yr doesn't sound right.
Of course, a LOT of spot's reasoning with regard to pay doesn't sound right.

Yes, the only answer here is that you're capped. A store doesn't get lower raise percentages across the board because their financials were bad, they just get fewer EXs and Os to give out. All EXs at your store did NOT get 2%, they got whatever the standard EX percent is (apparently 4% this year?). The only exceptions would be for capped TMs/TLs. It does seem odd for you to be capped so quickly--did you hire in with experience pay? Or transfer from somewhere with a higher cost of living/starting pay? Etc.?

How do I find out the cap for a grade N9?
It all depends on the Cost of Living survey of your stores location.

I used to work at one store and maxed out there. I transferred to another store and notice my hourly wage dropped .50 per hour. I found out their cost of living was less at the second store, so the cap was less.

I've heard of people's wages increasing when they moved to a store with a higher base, but I've never heard of someone losing pay moving to another store. That just doesn't seem right at all. There go all the merit raises you've gotten.

Yes, the only answer here is that you're capped. A store doesn't get lower raise percentages across the board because their financials were bad, they just get fewer EXs and Os to give out. All EXs at your store did NOT get 2%, they got whatever the standard EX percent is (apparently 4% this year?). The only exceptions would be for capped TMs/TLs. It does seem odd for you to be capped so quickly--did you hire in with experience pay? Or transfer from somewhere with a higher cost of living/starting pay? Etc.?
I started out as overnight flow. When we went dayside we all got to keep 1/2 the shift diff. So $1.00 Then left flow team and went to sales floor, I was able to stay at the same pay rate. After that I became PA. and got a .50c raise.

I spoke to a TL and just asked a general question, not telling him I already recieved my review. I asked "Is the % increase for and EX this year 2%?" He said "no, my EX TMs are getting 4%" he saw my face and asked why I asked so, I told him what my % increase was. He said I should. Talk with HR to find out why mine was so low.

I am cynical myself. When I took the PA position I was told it did not come with an increase. I could out by accident when visiting HR came to our store. Thankfully this HR set in motion my increase paperwork and got in back paid to me.

I've heard of people's wages increasing when they moved to a store with a higher base, but I've never heard of someone losing pay moving to another store. That just doesn't seem right at all. There go all the merit raises you've gotten.

Welcome to Target. About half the things they do don't seem right, but they do them anyway to **** everyone over.

I started out as overnight flow. When we went dayside we all got to keep 1/2 the shift diff. So $1.00 Then left flow team and went to sales floor, I was able to stay at the same pay rate. After that I became PA. and got a .50c raise.

And you've been around for a number of years, so you've received a number of raises already... yeah, it definitely sounds to me like you're just hitting the cap. It generally isn't all that much above the base rate for the position, so with your annual raises (especially if many of them were EX+) plus the extra raise from when you lost shift differential, it's totally plausible that you'd hit the cap by now.

If it makes you feel any better your CEO will never have a cap on his pay and still gets a nice raise and bonus even though he sucks at his job. Your sacrifice pays him more.

How does he suck at his job? His job is to run a successful business and he does. If he sucked at his job, he'd be fired. Maybe you're jealous because he's worked those 80 hour weeks so that you can have a job? If you think running a multi-billion dollar business is a cake walk, try it some time. Oh wait, you aren't qualified. Get over it. If you don't like your position in life, make it better or stop whining.

I'm not a corporate shill. If you have a comment for me, why don't you just post it? Are you afraid? Don't hide behind the PMs. Be a man (in the figurative sense, of course.) ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back