Pets Transition

The 5th shelf being removed was for stores without the high capacity gondola that typically set along the perimeter walls like beverage. If you had the heavy duty shelves and high capacity gondolas the 5th shelf was good to stay, we still have it at my store. Although pretty much any remodeled store that moved pets back by seasonal/toys has litter on a dividing wall which is not set to hold the weight and caused a stores diving wall to fall over. It’s optional because it depends on your prototype even though almost every store has the same pog

We have the backwall with high capacity shelves and I still wouldn't put it up. Not the fact that the fixtures won't hold but it is too high and having a heavy item like litter smacking your face or falling on your toes is not safe for TM or guest. We have a girl DBO who could barely reach the 5 shelf and the shelf is as low as you can possibly go.

We have been shipping a decent amount of it out this past week. In my opinion it looks ugly. It looks like a generic discount brand doing a half assed attempt at trying to pretend to be upscale.
Usually Target brands walk that fine line of being cheap but not Walmart-cheap correctly. This one missed the mark. I would expect to see a similar visual style from my local grocery generic branded items.

I think the packaging looks great for being a generic store brand. It's similar to the Good and Gather nuts packaging. Their not trying to be a premium/upscale brand so it's fine IMO.

However there is an an issue with their dog treat box packaging. The box feel a bit cheap and it's not properly sealed on around the flaps! Every box I opened it came with micro crumbs all over.

Attachments

• IMG_20210815_082241.jpg
    IMG_20210815_082241.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20210815_081930.jpg
    IMG_20210815_081930.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 21
Anyone remember years ago having to change out the 22" shelves to the 20"!! boy oh boy was that a bitch of a reset! Our litter Aisle shelves have been bowed now for years. The other Aisle that sucked was bottled tea, moving 28" depth shelves is no fun!!

I was short two 32” shelves so we “borrowed” them from paper to be able to complete the pets set. Ordering them isn’t an option as no orders are being fulfilled.. leadership will be calling other stores to try to take two 32” shelves but I have a feeling that isn’t going to go well since most stores are also short.

Other than that not too bad.. we did omit shelf 5 on cat litter as well because we don’t have the shelves for it plus it would be way too high for cat litter

Didn’t even get a chance to look at it again today yay “power store.” Clocked in and jumped right into fulfillment. Might also steal from toilet paper. But I did send in a nasty chatbot about “revising” extra shelves we haven’t had since our remodel years ago.

Didn’t even get a chance to look at it again today yay “power store.” Clocked in and jumped right into fulfillment. Might also steal from toilet paper. But I did send in a nasty chatbot about “revising” extra shelves we haven’t had since our remodel years ago.

I'm also at a power store. 😕 Got lucky and only had to pick two SFS carts today in the middle of moving 6 pogs worth of dog food.

Toilet paper is your best bet for shelves. You won't sacrifice capacity taking from there.

I ended up stealing 7 HC shelves from toilet paper. And I don't plan on replacing them since they were doubled up anyway and can just be double stacked.

And how the hell is litter a revision when it adds a 4ft section!? 🤦🏻‍♀️
Brilliant Idea. I didn't even think of that. I set 3 shelves on my 4ft endcap for the shelves that were missing in the Value dog food (which is right next to it). Seemed like a decent compromise until I could figure out a shelving solution. Guess I'll be steeling from Paper!

My litter didn't get extended. But I still had to flex some 5th shelf items down since I don't have 5 shelves set.

My litter didn’t change either. Toilet paper was a great idea! Thanks!

off topic. Did anyone else preschool toy aisles reset with an estimated 0 hours of work?

Glad I could help with shelf suggestions! I am surprised I didn't think of it years ago. 😆🤦🏻‍♀️

It's a good thing I saved all the old outrigger adapters from WAY back when Pets used them for headers on HC aisles. Couldn't have put up the Kindfull ISM w/o them!
Is this why all my HC aisles still have the old outrigger adapters + the small black ISM bars?

Additionally, minus the 4 we been missing on litter forever, we are missing 5 HC shelves for the dry dog food. (AND WHY DID WE FLIP BLUE BUFFLO again), my header already looks like shit from the first time it moved.

Is this why all my HC aisles still have the old outrigger adapters + the small black ISM bars?

Additionally, minus the 4 we been missing on litter forever, we are missing 5 HC shelves for the dry dog food. (AND WHY DID WE FLIP BLUE BUFFLO again), my header already looks like shit from the first time it moved.

Yes, the adapters and black bars are relics from when every section in Pets had a header. Made it very obvious which aisle was for dogs and which for cats.

It's a good thing I saved all the old outrigger adapters from WAY back when Pets used them for headers on HC aisles. Couldn't have put up the Kindfull ISM w/o them!

I don't have the adapters :( But it's still a bit of an issue because the bracket only sticks out half way from the HC shelves. Come on Target!

I ain’t feeding that shit to my baby. And you have to transition to any new food.

Half the shit Target sells I wouldn't feed to my dogs.

Granted, I live with my parents so my mother handles all feeding and she has them on a raw food diet (with a bit of kibble mixed in here and there to keep them used to it).

The most I'd purchase from Target is Blue Buffalo (or the related equivalents).

Our HC gondola upright adapters have long since vanished, so our guests are going to have no idea they're looking at Kindfull dog food.

Blue Buffalo
Noooooooooooo

Anyone remember years ago having to change out the 22" shelves to the 20"!! boy oh boy was that a bitch of a reset! Our litter Aisle shelves have been bowed now for years. The other Aisle that sucked was bottled tea, moving 28" depth shelves is no fun!!
We went from 34 to 28

You guys do towers and carts ?

No, even though we've been given the ok to set them again we haven't been. Most of the time we don't get the inventory to support them. With Kindfull we did but not sure the TL plans on putting them up.

Target is getting lazy with early set notes. They communicate issues after stores have already set them and is usually minor things. They don't mention major issues like shelf shortage, signing brackets not fitting correctly on HC shelves. All it mentioned was a few items not fitting and missing Blue dog food signing. Gee Target, that was very helpful! I'll put that in my notes!

We set the Kindful cart and tower - really like the ISM - easy to put up and looks good.

The Kindful endcap header was interesting - the first time I’ve seen one like that.

we were sent new brackets to hang the inline signs - came out very good.

Luckily, Our Blue Buffalo sign is still in good shape.

We had to change all the capacities in one aisle because we had 22” shelves where we needed 28” - no other 28” in the building to use so we had no option but to leave it. not that big of a deal because we have been updating cap and OH after each set anyway.

easy week next week !

Back