Archived PFresh Assistant Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. Well, I just started off as a PFresh Assistant. Im on my 2nd day of training and Im starting to think to myself, "what in the world did I get myself into?". Pretty much all of the physical duties of the job are not difficult for me to do as I have done this type of work previously working at Walmart over night stocking frozen/dairy. But the Qmos, Changing dates, Making Lables, using the PDA is like AHHHHH. Im good with electronics. But this guy training me for these couple of days is cross trained and normally works in the electronics department. So hes skimming through all of this stuff real quick and Im not having that chance to fully understand it. Although I do realize that if I keep doing it and listening, Ill eventually get it. But Im nervous. Then again, it is only my 2nd day training for this position. I know how to make dates from the shelf life of items and how to count the days out. Mixing the solution every morning. I know how to rotate the product. I know how to get ride of products that are about to expire on the day of or day before. I don't fully understand how to make a TPC but I have a sense of it.

I have no paperwork on any of this. I wasn't given any so heres what I am asking. Does anyone have the forms of a PFresh assistants job description or a daily routine of what normally happens? Like a run down of all the of the duties that are included and normally how a typical day will go? I like the idea of taking leadership but it seems like a whole lot of responsibilities and it might take me time to catch on. Although everyone is real helpful. Any information would really be appreciated. Like a list of things that you normally do. Is there anywhere I can read up on this stuff? Thanks so much guys.

Nick

Unfortunatly, PA (and Market TM!) duties and responsibilities can vary from store to store. So what we tell you might not be the process that your store uses.

If you go onto Workbench, there is a page called "Food Best Practice" or something like that. It has a loooooooot of info on how pretty much everything is done, and why. When I was training, our other PA printed off a ton of crap and sent it home with me to read up on, lol. Definitely helped. If you have time, poke around on Workbench and get a feel for what's there. If you see something that you don't understand, print it off and ask your trainer/TL.

Also, don't be afraid to ask questions. If you have a good management team they should come to you and ask you how you're doing and if you feel like you're getting the right training, but if not, talk to your trainer, or failing that, your TL or ETL. I always say there's no such thing as a stupid question, and when you're working in such a detail orented area, "winging it" and guessing on a lot of stuff is going to give everyone a headache.

Hang in there. It's always overwhelming at first but you'll get the hang of it. :)

Lol, that too. I just found out that my TL/ETL never actually got around to keying me in as certified to order, even though I've been doing it for months. Whaps.

I appreciate the feedback guys. Well, I have done about 5 certifications on the computer so far and I think there is a few more. There kind of throwing me in for training and for a new store so I'm training at another right now. I'm hoping all of this will subside within the next few days or Ill get more direction as to completing what is needed to have done. I'm worried that what I learn from over here, will be different at the new store lol. The LOD confirms that their store was like in the top 5 once I train with the PA for the first time in a couple of days. The original guy who knows just about everything. So I'm looking forward to that :)

This may help too.

it a position that keeps you on your feet...
leadership is definite must, if you are interested in being a tl one day i think you should go for it but here the round up
you do in a basic day without a fdc truck, you come in at 6:00 am
- deep cull
-qmos
-tpc anything that is about to expire the next day or that you feel is not selling fast enough by following the 4-7-7 rule, on meat you will put coupon on what will be expiring the next day and making sure nothing that you tpc or coupon goes over 50percent
-then after your created your tpc(sales) you create signs, then you scan you signs in and then you put the up...
-by this time the backroom tm should be starting pull the 7:30 pro,meat batch, then you fill the floor ....anything that did not come out of the 7:30 batch remember on bakery and deli item only stock the amount that you think it would sell around it particular shelf life...because the caf system will pull the entire shelf capacity...
so after you work your produce/meat/bakery/deli batch you will see that their are items that did caf system did not pull ..so create a grocery list of items that your are out of stock or almost hitting a critical low. So the floor should be fill by 9:30am and then you will call the LOD and do the first 90 days sales walk in which it consist of walking the whole pfresh area and making sure its green.
- you will then do the follow up items then you will focus on entire grocery, sales planners, cafs, stray, vendors that are out of stock, etc.

anyways more on the job. the most important thing is ordering ...
now the first 90 days you have a free period..well more like the first month...your food bp will basically give you a free period where you can over order to be intock...but remember order to be fresh until your next truck delivery..produce start to go bad as soon as it hits the shelf... as it get closer to your 90 days you will do a presentation in which everyone from food bp to group leader will visit the store and you basically have to present you business...(pfresh area) by that time your order index score should be close to 100- try to shoot for in between 100-110,..never below 100 because that means you are under ordering ..and never over 110 because that means you are over ordering and you are basically throwing away product....remember if you order 100 bananas you sell 100 bananas.

and on top of that you have to stay with your daily cleaning routines in order to get a green food safety visit.

you do have a lot of support help. their is pfresh support help from super t's but its only to get you started after that is all on you and your ctl...

it keeps me busy and definitely more added workload to which i already had but it worth it. currently im the ctl and we've being pfresh since july 20 my pfresh assistant loves it , he said its hardwork and i know because i do it the days his off but its great... because with those items you are actually in charge of the in stock ...so like if i am out of bananas i can blame myself for not ordering enough for the guest..where as if i am out of ipads i blame target for not sending enough to the the store to support demand...

Become best friends with your CTL and other PAs. And like Snook said, don't be afraid to ask questions. There's no way for the training to cover every little thing - some things you learn as you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back