Archived Pfresh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meli4Target

Executive Team Leader- Human Resources
:mad: SO today are 1550 piece food truck that was suppose to come between 1-3am broke down on its way from the FDC, then the new ETA was 11am, and didn't come in until 3:30pm!!!it was myself, my CTL, my STL, 3 ETL's, 3 other market tm's and a backroom tm unloading the truck. breaking it down and flowing it through the line to be sorted on flatbeds. the unload went fairly fast, but now I am just dreading whats going to happen when i come in tomorrow! I was just wondering have any of you guys had your pfresh truck come late and what was your experience like?? ALSO who else is excited for the new PFresh transition!!! :):):) from the transition packet i read it looks like were going to be carrying a lot of cool new stuff, like those meals to go & no more ordering sutton & dodge steaks :D

Last edited:
Are we supposed to be breaking down the pallets as they come off the truck and sorting them onto flatbeds? I read that this was best practice, but I didn't know if it was just for certain stores. As it is now, we push entire pallets to the floor and backstock what's left over.

Also, very excited for the transition. My aisles are way too light. There's really not even much left to flex out. My meat and dairy coolers are basically empty.

Well when we were C&S, we use to just bring out the pallets and then "bowl" out the freight and work it like that, but when we switched over to FDC, our ETL-Logistics created like block numbers for the items so we break it down by the truck and work it through the line. I also read that on best practice, today actually, because i wasn't to sure how i was going to acknowledge the truck and wanted to look up how. i know with GM stuff they acknowledge it through the PUSH Application. but i guess it depends on what works for your store.. Im just glad to be out of work! lol the closers in market aren't suppose to zone tonight theyre suppose to just push the whole night and do the cull.

I'll be zoning dry grocery tomorrow when i come in at 7am -_-

& tell me about it! Ive ptm'd those aisles a million times! its difficult because the stuff went clearance before it went ptm so a lot of the stuff sold through and there's so much carry forward items you can flex lol. but i feel you on that one. Also, do you keep your Q-mos bins inside your coolers or outside of them? before we use to have the q-mos bin's right outside the produce, meat, ambient, & dairy cooler, and we actually got in trouble and the regional group visitor said they were suppose to be inside the rooms...?

We have the QMOS tub in the ambient room. We keep a waco for QMOS on the bottom shelf of the metro rack that is closest to the door in each cooler and the freezer. We put all of our donations in banana boxes and store them on a metro rack in the freezer until the food bank comes for a pick up.

that makes a lot of sense, we have a 4 q-mos bins though hahaha.
when you guys are working out the hourly pulls, do they put them on 3 tier carts and tubs or do you guys put your pulls on rolling racks?
at my store they have rolling racks that are designated to put push on.. but i know some other store's do it different. i was just wondering what's best practice..

My Backroom team clearly has something against using the rolling racks. They like to pile everything on three tiers until you can't get it out of the cooler without the plastic flaps knocking stuff on the floor. I always grab another three tier or a rolling rack and off load stuff.

I'd prefer that they put the cafs and autofills on rolling racks. It's much easier to push from a rolling metro than from a three tier.

I can't tell you how many times I've had to get onto tms, TLs, and ETLs/the STL when they decide to use metro racking for stuff other than food. Like...putting chemicals on a green rack is a no.

omg tell me about it!! Food safety is such an issue at my store. especially when backroom team is pulling the cAFs they put the grocery items (grc1, 2, 3, snck, etc) in shopping carts!! and there was a time when steritech came in and we had a line of 5 grocery pulls all in shopping carts :mad::oops:
i believe its a high risk critical? but i know my CTL was extremely mad about that! were on steritech alert right now, they haven't come yet..
so i have another question..
how are you executing extra cleaning routines (besides the daily & monthly) like over in the p-flat you know how that base shelf gets so dirty sometimes, how are you keeping those clean? the other day i spent 1/2 my shift demerching it, taking those black racks off and taking the black cover that covers the fans and stuff and washing them and cleaning them in the ambient room. they were soo dirty!!!

I've really just been cleaning when I feel like I have a minute. Same with my PAs. With the limited hours I've been getting lately it's been very hard to get any cleaning done. We're not given hours to clean the way Target wants us too.

I hear you on that one, i know with the monthly cleaning we are lucky enough to clean the bunker and that's usually when we are resetting it with a different pog.
Same thing with dairy carts, we can't clean them like we use to be able too, its become more difficult.
HOWEVER, with mytime rolled out, Market or Consumables as its now called we get up to 400 hours allocated for us weekly. its been pretty nice. Only thing that sucks is what falls under consumables is: Pfresh, Dry Grocery, Mini-seasonal, Paper, Pets, Chem, & home commodities. So we get like an extra 3 or 4 people but they have us pushing half the store!! haha
back when we were using max, we were getting about 215 hours.

When my store was on MAX, the guidelines said I should've been getting somewhere between 195-210 hours each week. I was lucky to get 100. The most I ever got was 110, but most weeks were 95. 100+ less on average than I should have been getting.

We switched to myTime this week and I got 230 hours to schedule. But then my STL didn't think that was right, so now I'm back down to 100. I'm seriously pissed about it.

She can't change it next week though, per the DTL. We'll see. Logistics "needs" all the hours.

About the only time I get to clean is when I'm changing salesplanners...if I get the hours to build them. Most of mine and my PAs' time is spent pushing freight, 4x4s, scanning Instocks, backing up pharmacy and front lanes, covering electronics, pushing cafs for the entire store.

that sucks, you should challenge your STL and tell him that mytime is telling you need those hours because you guys are making x amount of sales.
at my store for our YTD comp sales we are up 2.1% with produce, and meant, and dry/snack/beverage we are up 4.1% only thing we are down in sales is bakery which is -.09
if majority of your sales are in market then you guys should get the team for it!! My CTL and I have had to fight to get those extra people in there and now our STL is on board with market team members to go up for back up or cover electronics or GSA breaks, or who ever needs a break. im lucky if i can get a 15 in!! seriously, its soo busy.
the lucky thing is on tuesdays im scheduled under instocks and i scan all of market, pfresh. any other day we have to scan under stand alone outs, tues & wed is our all scan day and its the only time we research

Cleaning happens at my store if we get lucky. Our hours keep bouncing around between enough and not enough. Our pulls are always on metros unless they're all full of backstock (has happened before.)
Back to the original question though, our truck hasn't been that late since we switched to the FDC. C&S was late on a regular basis. I think the latest was around noon though. I feel like we broke it down and ended up smart-huddling most of it the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back