Archived Plano Backstock

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my store they are always getting on plano to do their backstock. "Best Practice" is for the backroom to do it. Plano does it most of the time but it's not in our workload. We have showed the Logistics ETL, Backroom TL and STL the best practice sheet but they swear differently. Does anyone else have this problem? It's driving me crazy. Since when was "Best Practice" optional.. LoL. I'm starting to think "optional" is in tiny writing at the bottom of the page.

The problem is nobody is given hours for it. I used to have 16-20 hours total for the backroom from open to close on a truck day. I have 25 hours worth of Auto Pulls and BS from the truck. Plus hourly CAF pulls, clearance pulls, the audit batch, research pulls. 8 of those 20 hours are mine and I am also suppose to be running the instocks team and all the other crap they expect team leads to do. Then toss in pulls for guests, pulls for sales planners, D-code pulls, BS from sales planners, and BS from POG. On non truck days I would have 2 people in for 3 hours to do the pulls and then nobody scheduled until the first CAF pulls and then that person out 30 min after the last pull time. When hours got cut again. I said thats it I am done and after over 10 years turned my two weeks and left that hell to some other poor sucker.

In other words, your too lazy to do your ****.

That's not the problem.. I do my pulls and my backstock. I'm not my whole team though and there are some days that it's not possible. It's not good to make assumptions....

The problem is nobody is given hours for it. I used to have 16-20 hours total for the backroom from open to close on a truck day. I have 25 hours worth of Auto Pulls and BS from the truck. Plus hourly CAF pulls, clearance pulls, the audit batch, research pulls. 8 of those 20 hours are mine and I am also suppose to be running the instocks team and all the other crap they expect team leads to do. Then toss in pulls for guests, pulls for sales planners, D-code pulls, BS from sales planners, and BS from POG. On non truck days I would have 2 people in for 3 hours to do the pulls and then nobody scheduled until the first CAF pulls and then that person out 30 min after the last pull time. When hours got cut again. I said thats it I am done and after over 10 years turned my two weeks and left that hell to some other poor sucker.

I know how that works... too much work, not enough people and hours.. I've been there too. My real issue is the fact that, when it fits them "best practice" is thrown around as if it's law... but if someone (team members) tries to use "best practices" to justify an action, it's automatically not a reason.
I'm suggesting that corporate revise best practice to fit the current state of the company and work load hours.

The only time Backroom dayside (In my store) has time to backstock Plano shet is on saturday mornings. There's just too many research mon-fri

I can't tell you how often I've heard from the plano team (especially lately) how when they they try to push product to to the original locations, set up places for clearance, or do anything that takes a moment away from setting and pushing their pogs their going to get reamed for it.
Backstocking isn't even an option, I'm afraid.

I hate plano backstock. We take care of it, but it's a pain and kind of ruins your mood a little when you are having a great, clean morning and then suddenly plano brings back 2 tubs of hba and cosmetics, 2 tubs of office and a flat of market. We average about 45-50 hours per day at my store for the backroom dayside schedule. So 5-7 people per day.

But, yeah, the best practice thing is bullsh**. They pick and choose which ones to adhere to and which ones to ignore, as suits them best. No amount of arguments and reasoning and logic is going to change their mind. If something isn't their idea, then it's a bad idea and doesnt make sense. It drives me f***ing nuts.

This is a huge issue. It really needs to be made clear on the corporate level, this "confusion" is widespread. Its most likely intentionally vague so that stores can make up whatever they want to use.

In our store, we (plano team) are responsible for everything that goes into setting a POG - except for working out the clearance. This includes pulling the batch, bringing out the pallets, signing (when signing isn't very heavy), setting up displays, and backstocking. I would feel horrible if I just left my backstock for the backroom team!

In my store, it was understood that the best practice was for the BR team to pull POG batches and the POG team to backstock. However the store flip flopped it. POG pulled their own batches and BR backstocked.

At my store backroom pulls the batches and Plano backstocks. Plano will also finish pulling batches that do not get completed, especially if the pulls are huge.

In my store plano backstock is always done by a dayside back room team member. Anyone other than back room team members or ETL's aren't allowed to in our store, helps our scores stay number 1.

When did they change it and make backstock the responsibility of the BR team and not the Pog team?

I remember several years ago the BR had to do it, then hours were built into the Pog team to accommodate pulling their batches and backstocking. Has it changed again?

BR pulls and backstocks for POG team at my store. They don't even have to push, half of B is still empty with six or seven POGs still on line. LOL, I still have 1/27 set date shoes ASST. boxes in the transition steel.

Plano pulls their stuff, BR backstocks it. For a while plano would yell at us if we tried to backstock their stuff, saying that it was theirs, they would take care of it. Never happened. I hate plano and sales plan backstock. Nobody backstocks it properly so it's constantly coming out in the CAFs. It's left (like everything else, it seems) for Dayside, but with all the other crap we have to do, it typically gets left for days at a time.

When did they change it and make backstock the responsibility of the BR team and not the Pog team?

I remember several years ago the BR had to do it, then hours were built into the Pog team to accommodate pulling their batches and backstocking. Has it changed again?

Best practice has never changed. The backstock has always been BR's work. Stores may choose to shift hours around differently of course, but the hours a plano is supposed to take (on Adjacency Calendar) have always been explicitly calculated to account for "tie, pull, teardown, clean, set, stock, sign" but not "backstock and work out clearance." And then of course HQ allocates fewer hours than the planos are supposed to require in the first place, making it even less reasonable to expect plano to do "their own" backstock.

Best practice has never changed. The backstock has always been BR's work. Stores may choose to shift hours around differently of course, but the hours a plano is supposed to take (on Adjacency Calendar) have always been explicitly calculated to account for "tie, pull, teardown, clean, set, stock, sign" but not "backstock and work out clearance." And then of course HQ allocates fewer hours than the planos are supposed to require in the first place, making it even less reasonable to expect plano to do "their own" backstock.

Roughly 3-5 years ago (I'm sorry but it all blurs together) there was a change and it specifically stated that there hours included backstock time.

Roughly 3-5 years ago (I'm sorry but it all blurs together) there was a change and it specifically stated that there hours included backstock time.

You may have been told that, but the best practice was consistent from the time I was a BRTL ('07-'08), through my time in HL ('08-'11), right up until I quit (by then as PTL) last year. It was a question that came up often, as new logistics leaders would complain about having "extra" work dumped on them, and my predecessor as PTL (and then I) would have to show them the best practice. I include myself in that, btw--I certainly had to be shown the BP when I first took over dayside backroom.

I work in the backroom and we have had this issue for years. We (backroom team) dont really mind doing the pano backstock, its the fact we are not given the hours to do it. This time of year ( as you all know) our hours get cut...however there are some major resets going on. I feel as tho there should be extra hours added into the backroom when there is a major reset.

Holy cow, our plano team never even gets enough hours to set their POGs (currently about a week behind). I can't imagine if we had to backstock our stuff too.

The most I have ever seen as far as Best Practice goes is that the POG team is to "assist" with backstock. That's it. It comes up with every single new ETL to come into the building. I don't know if this is what they teach at business college or what - but storeside and via workbench I have never seen it say that POG is responsible for their backstock. Someone should MySupport it....

You may have been told that, but the best practice was consistent from the time I was a BRTL ('07-'08), through my time in HL ('08-'11), right up until I quit (by then as PTL) last year. It was a question that came up often, as new logistics leaders would complain about having "extra" work dumped on them, and my predecessor as PTL (and then I) would have to show them the best practice. I include myself in that, btw--I certainly had to be shown the BP when I first took over dayside backroom.

I wasn't told anything, I saw it in black and white. It's possible I am confusing it with something else (perhaps having to pull their own pulls?) but I know there was a big change in the responsibilities and the hours for it, it all blurs together after so long, change this, change it back, change it to this, now do this, go back to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back