Archived Plano responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey y'all! While reading through quite a few threads I'm noticing Plano teams are responsible for different things at different stores. I'm curious what your Plano team is responsible for and what volume a store you are (seeing as that makes all the difference)

For my A+ store we have to set,clean shelves, pull our batches in the gun, stock, research, change sales floor quantity on everything, pull our research batches and stock that. We also are responsible for everything in soft lines minus adjacencys. We also are responsible for setting all sales planners and revisions. On my team we have 4 full time team members and one part time team member.

at my store the term set it and forget it is synonymous with plano... they set it, they don't deal with backstock, they dont deal with research, they dont deal with sfq's.... half the time when they tear the previous set down other teams have to check home location before its sent to backstock. but it seems like all that is about to change... they've been getting real strict with how plano operates at my store. they don't do any of the salesplanners, thats all on sftl's. electronics does all the electronics revisions, but they do the rest of revisions.

Last edited:
hey y'all! While reading through quite a few threads I'm noticing Plano teams are responsible for different things at different stores. I'm curious what your Plano team is responsible for and what volume a store you are (seeing as that makes all the difference)

For my A+ store we have to set,clean shelves, pull our batches in the gun, stock, research, change sales floor quantity on everything, pull our research batches and stock that. We also are responsible for everything in soft lines minus adjacencys. We also are responsible for setting all sales planners and revisions. On my team we have 4 full time team members and one part time team member.

Should ad what type of store. A supert has much larger and more pogs to set than a gm non pfresh store.

at my store the term set it and forget it is synonymous with plano... they set it, they don't deal with backstock, they dont deal with research, they dont deal with sfq's.... half the time when they tear the previous set down other teams have to check home location before its sent to backstock. but it seems like all that is about to change... they've been getting real strict with how plano operates at my store. they don't do any of the salesplanners, thats all on sftl's. electronics does all the electronics revisions, but they do the rest of revisions.
We also do the electronics revisions. I have only ever known a low level store to back stock though and that is mainly because the hours we receive do not actually cover pulling or backstocking

That seems like a lot of work for 5 tm's. We're a low volume with 7 plano tm, not including signing tm and TL. We do pretty much everything you do except change sales floor quantity and we research only if we have time, but usually we don't.

What's the avg hrs like? Our is maybe 32 on a good week.

Since we do all the sale planners, sometimes I question the use of why some TL are needed =/ There basically like TMs.

Last edited:
That seems like a lot of work for 5 tm's. We're a low volume with 7 plano tm, not including signing tm and TL. We do pretty much everything you do except change sales floor quantity and we research only if we have time, but usually we don't.

What's the avg hrs like? Our is maybe 32 on a good week.
Average hours of what? And if we aren't including me (the tl...a.k.a. Glorified team member) I actually only have 3 full time and 1 part time.

Average hours for each tm in plano.
Oh it's easily 40 per team member unless our workload drops. We end up getting under the adjacency calendar hours each week. Which is why we are constantly running around at the end of each week trying to get to 95% on twt

Oh it's easily 40 per team member unless our workload drops. We end up getting under the adjacency calendar hours each week. Which is why we are constantly running around at the end of each week trying to get to 95% on twt

Wouldn't it be better/faster to hire another full time plano tm and drop everyone's hours to 32? At my store, no tm ever gets 40 hours. But I guess it depends on the store.

Wouldn't it be better/faster to hire another full time plano tm and drop everyone's hours to 32? At my store, no tm ever gets 40 hours. But I guess it depends on the store.
I have been told I don't need any more and I agree I would rather have too many and get everything done than over load the team I have.

Demerch, set, clean, pull, push, research(generally don't have time to pull and push the research just make the batch), change capacities if they have a mydevice. Backstock if the hours are there, often not. Price change and plano are under the same TL at my store so it's not uncommon for them to split shift and 1 TM handle the price change from that as well. 6 TMs(4 full 2 part), 1 Signing, TL. A+ Pfresh.

Demerch, set, clean, pull, push, research(generally don't have time to pull and push the research just make the batch), change capacities if they have a mydevice. Backstock if the hours are there, often not. Price change and plano are under the same TL at my store so it's not uncommon for them to split shift and 1 TM handle the price change from that as well. 6 TMs(4 full 2 part), 1 Signing, TL. A+ Pfresh.
I'm tl over both Plano and pricing as well I have 1 full timer for pricing and 2 part timers. For being an A+ pfresh how big is your workload generally? Like this week our adjacency called 227 hours how much was yours

B by TGT metrics,

Plano... well... another peeve of mine...

Plano does, POG's new and/or revisions, major transitions like the PFresh/HBA transition and a few "permanent" POG's in Grocery, etc.. but mostly just POG's, period. They don't touch SPP, the ad, or anything else that really falls into "Presentation" and especially since most stores this is now Pricing and Presentation they need to be picking things up, like the AD! The PPTL as the TL for ad, does sort of oversee the 2 ad preppers, and sort of picks who is on the ad set team... but.. well..

I don't think that POG does what POG should be doing..... SPP for the entire store are dumped to SF. they don't work SAT or SUN unless its one of those useless designer things, they don't come in to take the ad down, or come in to put the ad up. All that falls into P&P in my book, not dumping it off to SF.

What should POG do:

All SPP regardless of area, this includes MMB new releases!
All POG's new, revisions, transitions, what not. POG= POG TEAM!

SPP are POGS! Thus POG team does them! DUH!

Pricing:

Ad take down,
Ad put up
Price Change

AD = PRICING = PRICE CHANGE

B by TGT metrics,

Plano does, POG's new and/or revisions, major transitions like the PFresh/HBA transition and a few "permanent" POG's in Grocery, etc.. but mostly just POG's, period. They don't touch SPP, the ad, or anything else that really falls into "Presentation" and especially since most stores this is now Pricing and Presentation they need to be picking things up, like the AD! The PPTL as the TL for ad, does sort of oversee the 2 ad preppers, and sort of picks who is on the ad set team... but.. well..

I don't think that POG does what POG should be doing..... SPP for the entire store are dumped to SF. they don't work SAT or SUN unless its one of those useless designer things, they don't come in to take the ad down, or come in to put the ad up. All that falls into P&P in my book, not dumping it off to SF.

What should POG do:

Pricing:

Ad take down,
Ad put up
Price Change

Boy oh boy I was waiting for you to rain some hell on Plano....

First off not sure ad signing prep falls under the PPTL. Some stores have it that way but at my store it does not it falls under logistics seeing as logistics is the ones who put up the ad... Our ad is massive and there would be no way in hell presentation and pricing could get ad up and do the weeks workload since I barely have enough team members as it is for that. And second sales plans for most stores switched (by target Corp) to sales floor workload like a year ago so them doing sales planners is fine. My store decided to switch it back because we didn't have the hours to train the constantly changing sales floor. Now ad prep is also more of a "signing" thing rather than a "pricing" thing. I would also like to point out that the Plano tl rarely has any say where the hours are distributed so if they choose to give hours to signing for logistics to put up the ad then so be it I am not responsible to find the team members to put it up that isn't my department.

One thing I will agree on is Plano should be doing the electronics revisions including new releases. Mainly my electronics team does not have the time to help guests and set revisions. There is a reason they have a guest survey score they need to be maintaining happiness not being absent to guests

We are the same except we don't do everything in softlines or set sales planners. Salesfloor is responsible for them but when hours suck they usually schedule pog under salesfloor to set them. We have to work truck while scheduled pog sometimes for over two hours due to call ins and people quitting. Plus we often have one pulled for price change.

We are the same except we don't do everything in softlines or set sales planners. Salesfloor is responsible for them but when hours suck they usually schedule pog under salesfloor to set them. We have to work truck while scheduled pog sometimes for over two hours due to call ins and people quitting.
What volume are you? And are you a super or pfresh?

B by TGT metrics,

What should POG do:

Pricing:

Ad take down,
Ad put up
Price Change

Well, in that case. Backroom should be pulling plano's batches and flow should be pushing our batches cuz you know STOCKING = FLOW

One thing I will agree on is Plano should be doing the electronics revisions including new releases. Mainly my electronics team does not have the time to help guests and set revisions. There is a reason they have a guest survey score they need to be maintaining happiness not being absent to guests

It's possible. I've been doing it for 3 years when MMB spec still existed. And this was when Target mobile wasn't created yet. But you really needed to find someone with a good work ethic for it to work well.

Now that I think of it, I feel a little cheated I had to cover electronics and do all entertainment revisions for .40 cent raise?

It's possible. I've been doing it for 3 years when MMB spec still existed. And this was when Target mobile wasn't created yet. But you really needed to find someone with a good work ethic for it to work well.
Our electronics is straight up in the front of the store and its is right next to seasonal so they are typically responsible for helping in seasonal and running abandons in the morning. I just don't see it being possible for them to come in early for revisions. Maybe one day if we ever move electronics to the back of the store (if that sort of thing happens in remodels)

Sounds like my store, with the exception we don't do SFQ on everything, just stuff that overstock we send to the back.

Last edited:
I would love to see logistics or flow team do the ad.

Well... your WISH IS GRANTED! :) :p

Because at my store, FLOW is 90% of the ad set up team.

Ad team is ~ 3 people from SF, an ELECT one, the ad prepper girl du jour who will do some of HL, and possibly one to help with Mini/Seasonal/Toys.. alot of this depends on ad size and ad hours.

SL, Grocery/Paper (which is NOT grocery! :mad: ) , HBA/Pets/Chem/Plug/Statnry, Middle (Bed/bath/storage/domestics) is FLOW.. Who then have to do the autofills.

So without Flow here, no ad put up! These are the rock stars who want the hours, and have done it for years.. With out them there would be nobody, or a roulette wheel of newbs each week to do it and all the headaches that causes.

It should NOT be their job... Come in for autofills, go home.

PP should be doing the ad setup, take down, and put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back