Archived Plano responsibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do most of it. We set, clean shelves, pull our batches, stock, push transition, research ( if there is time~usually isn't) change sales floor quantity on everything (again if there is time~usually isn't), pull our research batches and stock that. Also responsible for everything in soft lines minus adjacencys. We set all sales planners and revisions including mmb & ad prep. Pog + pricing + TL +signing=8 LV. We do not back stock or put up/take down ad.

Now @MasterofLOG I agree with you on all but the ad take down and set up. And at my store that's the drum we strum. And spot? He makes the rules and says where the hours go. And they sure do not go to pog/pricing And OT is a big fat no no. It the way the seal slides my friend. & technically we only do sales planners when we don't have 400 hrs on pog. And pog doesn't work weekends why? Because corporate gets too many complaints about aisles being tore up or carts being in the way or stuff being out of stock. It's good business. It's hard enough to tear down a shampoo aisle on a Monday when the suave bottle little old Betty sue wants is literally at the bottom of the first basket you filled trapped where you have to move 6 other vehicles in hopes you 'might' find it,let alone try to do it on a Saturday when it's uber busy. And sometimes when revisions are just light as they have been lately, that's just what we would be doing. It's just good business. Don't be jealous. Join the pog team. You will have better hours:D

My team of 3 tms and 1 signing tm sets, cleans, pushes, researches. Backroom pulls all of our batches. We used to pull but about a year ago it switched to backroom. I wouldn't mind pulling but there are no PDAs so I cant. Backstock goes to the backroom team. Our ETL is really good about everyone doing everything so we push the truck in the morning for anywhere from 1-1 1/2 hours. The flow team in return stocks our transition pallets and sometimes some of our batches.

We set pogs, revisions, and all tune in Tuesday/Friday. I map out all sales planners but the HL tl and tms set them. If my team is ahead and they are behind we will help. SL sets their tables and adjacencies and cross merch. Again we will help if they need it. At my store Plano doesn't get the hours for the sales floor workload. If we did then I would do it no problem but then there would be no sales floor tms because I would be sucking up all the hours

2 of my 3 tms are price change trained as well so I switch them out if pricing gets behind.

I have 1 ad prep tm who only does that thursdays and Fridays.

Sales floor does ad set up and takedown. Again if my team did then there would be no hours for the sales floor team. Now on holiday weeks like easter or Black Friday my team does help for a few hours and puts up ad.

I'm at a B volume pfresh.

Last edited:
agree with you on all but the ad take down and set up.

We will agree to disagree on this..

And at my store that's the drum we strum. And spot? He makes the rules and says where the hours go.

Which is why hours should not be based on sales, period. Sales is a crappy metric for a lot of things like hours, logistics start time etc...

If you have 400 hours for SPP and POGs, then thats whats allocated... but since I've seen things like SPP have 3-4 hour each assigned to them and they are done in 45m-1hr at most... so the POG-O-Matic don't have that programming correct, yet or ever....

There needs to be a better planning and assignment of hours for POG taking into account SPP, revisions, POG's, AD Setup, TAKE DOWN and PUT UP! etc., not just sales = x hours... BZZT.

And pog doesn't work weekends why? Because corporate gets too many complaints about aisles being tore up

This is why POG, logistics, IS, PC, et al should ONLY WORK OVERNIGHTS, period. And the complaints received via survey and letters to HQ prove it just no one wants to suck it up and force this type of culture change. Living in the past of SALES = ovenight or not for log/flow. And changing that POG etc. work during store close...

Here it is more than just a matter of can't do POG's on SAT, well, you can do them from 0600 to 0800, but the POG team here would, no does, just abjectly refuse to work SAT or SUN, and I think they might draw straws or something to figure who gets to work on a SUN for one of those stupid designer sets.. I know who ever gets stuck doing it is definitely someone you want to avoid that day during ad put up, and autofills.... Well you can come to Flow, and work weekends, EVERY WEEKEND, Oh thats right even during Q4 they don't come to push Toys/mini/Seasonal like they do M-F.... Most of these whiners would quit if they had to work my POG schedule.

Don't be jealous. Join the pog team. You will have better hours:D

Not here... they have to scramble for hours in other areas, I don't now, and even when I had to find hours in any WC possible they were still massively hurting, getting cut and cut and cut and CUT!

Our ETL is really good about everyone doing everything so we push the truck in the morning for anywhere from 1-1 1/2 hours. The flow team in return stocks our transition pallets and sometimes some of our batches.

I am a big, not ardent believer in that each TEAM DOES THEIR PART for the larger team.. ie: Flow unloads/pushes the truck(s), POG sets SPP/POGS/Revisions including MMB, Pricing takes down/puts up ad, etc.. each team does their part.

If we did then I would do it no problem but then there would be no sales floor tms because I would be sucking up all the hours
Sales floor does ad set up and takedown. Again if my team did then there would be no hours for the sales floor team.

Because we are tying sales and hours too much...

SF should come in say at 30mins before store open, grab reshop which really should be done at night, but thats another discussion, so its all clean for opening, then they can grab clearance, grab PTM, or do some zoning so its not all dumped into a mad rush at night... since they have little to no CAF's to deal with now... although I personally and most here would like to see more CAF's than just 2, and then they can actually provide GUEST SERVICE to guests on the SF... v. guest going around looking for TM and complain when you answer the call box they hit in infants for home storage on the other side of the store.

There is plenty of things that SF can be doing when some of the tasks like ad take down/put up are moved to the teams that should be doing them... since in other words the 1 PC TM here obviously can't do it alone... So the Ad take down team would consist of some mix of TM's who probably are doing SF tasks 99% of the week...

Each TEAM doing THEIR PART for the TEAM.

SF should come in say at 30mins before store open, grab reshop which really should be done at night, but thats another discussion, so its all clean for opening, then they can grab clearance, grab PTM, or do some zoning so its not all dumped into a mad rush at night... since they have little to no CAF's to deal with now... although I personally and most here would like to see more CAF's than just 2, and then they can actually provide GUEST SERVICE to guests on the SF... v. guest going around looking for TM and complain when you answer the call box they hit in infants for home storage on the other side of the store.
Man it must be nice to have slow store... For us supers that are incredibly busy and everyday beat sales by 15 to 20 thousand that is all unrealistic. We spend a majority of the morning doing reshop because guests literally fucked the entire store up and the team didn't leave til 1:30 and left 8 carts of reshop. So the morning runs reshop and then it hits 10 a.m. and then shit hits the fan and back ups are called and we have guests lined up everywhere so then sales floor spends the day backing up and attempting to finish the same pull they have had for an hour and a half. You say the cafs are little to nothing but in a super where moms like to buy grocery and Chem and baby the cafs are freaking massive.

We will agree to disagree on this..

Which is why hours should not be based on sales, period. Sales is a crappy metric for a lot of things like hours, logistics start time etc...

If you have 400 hours for SPP and POGs, then thats whats allocated... but since I've seen things like SPP have 3-4 hour each assigned to them and they are done in 45m-1hr at most... so the POG-O-Matic don't have that programming correct, yet or ever....

There needs to be a better planning and assignment of hours for POG taking into account SPP, revisions, POG's, AD Setup, TAKE DOWN and PUT UP! etc., not just sales = x hours... BZZT.

This is why POG, logistics, IS, PC, et al should ONLY WORK OVERNIGHTS, period. And the complaints received via survey and letters to HQ prove it just no one wants to suck it up and force this type of culture change. Living in the past of SALES = ovenight or not for log/flow. And changing that POG etc. work during store close...

Here it is more than just a matter of can't do POG's on SAT, well, you can do them from 0600 to 0800, but the POG team here would, no does, just abjectly refuse to work SAT or SUN, and I think they might draw straws or something to figure who gets to work on a SUN for one of those stupid designer sets.. I know who ever gets stuck doing it is definitely someone you want to avoid that day during ad put up, and autofills.... Well you can come to Flow, and work weekends, EVERY WEEKEND, Oh thats right even during Q4 they don't come to push Toys/mini/Seasonal like they do M-F.... Most of these whiners would quit if they had to work my POG schedule.

Not here... they have to scramble for hours in other areas, I don't now, and even when I had to find hours in any WC possible they were still massively hurting, getting cut and cut and cut and CUT!
Well agreed, we will agree to agree to disagree. On the one topic. I agree with all the rest. I even think starting @ 3 or 4 would be fine in most cases. Crap would hit the fan if anyone flat out refused to work a weekend, during Q4, pog doesn't have a choice. When hours are low they get flexed all over. The are certainly welcome to post their shift, but by no means allowed to c/o if no one takes it. We have strict policies for that. We go right to C/A. Everyone has to have full availability. So they use it.

It sounds like you have a rough store!!

Well agreed, we will agree to agree to disagree. On the one topic. I agree with all the rest. I even think starting @ 3 or 4 would be fine in most cases. Crap would hit the fan if anyone flat out refused to work a weekend, during Q4, pog doesn't have a choice. When hours are low they get flexed all over. The are certainly welcome to post their shift, but by no means allowed to c/o if no one takes it. We have strict policies for that. We go right to C/A. Everyone has to have full availability. So they use it.

It sounds like you have a rough store!!
My saving grace is we are gifted with 4a.m. And boy does that make a huge difference!

I have been a team leader for the past 13 years and for most of that time I was sales floor team leader in charge of a large area in a A volume store who has a solid experienced team. Currently I am now in charge of Presentation and Pricing in a lower B volume store near to my old store. One thing is certain our company keeps squeezing payroll and cutting head counts smaller while expecting us to do way more with way less. I remember when we first opened my first store we had 35 team leaders in our Greatland (now transitioned to pFresh). But then the first wave of head count cuts took it down to 20 TL's and the last took it down to 15. The whole idea of reducing headcount we were all fed to believe was we would switch out higher pay team leads to team members and have larger teams to run however that never happened. We are constantly pressed to do more and manipulate reports or push trucks to the next month to make payroll for the current month so our STLs and DTLs get their bonuses.

I believe that every workcenter needs to focus on the completion of their workload first and if fully done then help out fellow teams because in the end if one process falls apart it will be felt storewide. My poor store has no idea what best practice looks like in any workcenter. We currently have a headcount of 11 team leaders and since coming here 16 months ago there has been massive turnover with 10 team leaders leaving and the entire ETL staff and STL all being replaced. Needless to say I transferred into a very broken store.

My team is currently
6 Plano tm's
1 signing tm
4 price change tm's

We do
Ad set/prep
Transitions/revisions according to adjacency calendar
Sidecaps/checklane sale planners/savor spot
Tune in Tuesay/Music Releases
Return scans
Bike building

Sales floor sets
Tables/crossmerch/visual adjacencies
Sales planners
Ad rotations

Every process in my store has been through massive turnover and because of this my team is larger so that we can help out when and wherever help is needed whether that is pulling auto fills bowling the truck or opening Starbucks. The Max workload my team can do with the addition to the extra stuff we so is 224. Anything larger than that we use backup team members to help out or schedule flow team members to backfill or demerch with us.

I am in charge of the ad and both my teams on Sunday's will take down the ad then set it before opening. Currently I have 3 team members from both Plano and pricing who rotate prepping the ad. Softlines does not prep or set their ad at my store so it can be a mission to set sometimes.

Plano is scheduled exactly to the adjacency calendar. Whatever it says presentation workload is those are only hours we get with the exception of entertainment we absorb that workload. All transitions and permanent endcaps. We do all revisions with exception to the softline tables.

My team blitzes all the tune in and electronics on Tuesday morning and we try to be complete by 6am with the new releases and will complete the rest as quickly as we can then move on to the rest of the store revisions.

Softlines TL and the VML take care of the softline workload that falls under them. I will do the permanent endcaps and sales planners if we are setting the area at the same time the planners are due for example shoes fully transitions so we will do the shoe sale planners with our aisles.

Sales planners are all mapped out by me and the 2 hardline TL's set them with help from their electronics and consumable tm's. If the workload is too large for them to handle and I my team isn't maxed out for our workload the Salesfloor ETL will give me hours under sales floor training to set them.

Currently I have 1 pricing , 1 presentation permanently working split shifts with the first half pushing the truck in aoftlines because of our flow turnover.

I have done most of our entertainment return scans because no one else in my store knows how and when possible my old store sends me help to execute since we are on different scan schedules.

One of my team members also is the bike builder and does it a minimum of 14 hours a week.

Every store winds up doing what best suits their needs and the only way to complete workload on time is solid planning and standing up for the hours that are allocated to complete the workload you are being held responsible for and training the teams to do more so you are better able to respond to hiccups and don't burn out .

Out of curiosity what is the timeline for your stores to tie/batch the pogs and how do y'all stage ?
My store recently switched from having me batch by 10am the day before to batching after the auto fills drop at 4am so 415-430 and they shove the fills in my fixture room.
If something says transition on it the boxes are set aside on pallets to stage and isn't sorted. It's a headache

I'm at an A+ store. Until recently, we had a total of 4 people in the team. This includes TL and signing TM.

We're in charge of everything in the adjacency calendar (except for SL VAs). We demerch, repush demerch, clean shelves, pull, set, push, research and do sfq. The worst part of it all is when Spot sends fixtures, displays, and ISM late. I hate having to go back on a set.

I don't know how we survived 2 years like that.. Spot really saved payroll in our dept -_-

I typed in adjacency calendar and it was the first link at the top

Sometimes it really is just that easy.
Part of the problem with ASANTS is that all to often the ETLs and STL are indeed going against best practice.
Plano team does indeed have very specific job duties and if they want to pile on more they had best be ready to add more hours.
It's just a cute way of getting more work for less pay.

In my store they do all life revisions and ad rotations. They have to demerit clean pull push and backs tock all there work. The only thing g that day side helps them with is research. We are an AA+ store with a tl and 8 tms each getting around 37 hours every week except for when workload drops. They also only work sun-Thursday

As far as ad set goes that the price change tl job in my store he and two tms from price change will do the set up and take down

When I was PPTL at my previous store this is what Plano was responsible for:
-Demerch aisle
-push clearance from aisle to E/C
-set, clean shelves
-put up signing/ yellow dot missing fixtures or displays
-re push product & push pog batch
-put up signing/use signing audit tool to ensure everything is signed
-change SFQ & then research

I use to schedule a designated person to pull/backstock our stuff. If we had time or were low on hours my team & I would have to perform these duties.

We were responsible for all POGs/revisions/ SPLs/ softlines POGs & VAs. Only thing sales floor TLs had to do was map out their endcaps.

On top of all that my STL wanted pog to be in charge of making sure all sidecaps & battery posts were full.

Came from an A volume store. The store I'm at now A+ the team seems to use the "set it & forget it" motto

View attachment 1960
This is what is on workbench when it comes to hours. So we aren't supposed to pull according to the adjacency calendar and if they do want us to we aren't given the time needed to do so

The biggest debate in my district is who pulls the pogs and where do the hours come from to do it.

The Leading Presentation best practice says much the same that we set only what the adjacency calendar and nothing about Plano pulling the batches. The only reason why we stopped pulling them is we barely have enough PDAs for logistics to do them. From my understanding from my last store is the logistics team is to absorb them and only stage major full transitions like Halloween ect and backstock and pull the rest. And when they stage it has to be sorted. My store stages anything that says transitions and doesn't sort them by aisle or department it's a nightmare.

For the first 2 months I had a solid routine that I followed from my former store to batch the pogs with the myDevice that we are setting the day before by 10am so they are able to pull them throughout the day and have them staged and ready for us the next day. Recently they switched me to tying/batching them after the autofills drop at 4am the day of and the back room TL pulls them but I don't feel it's effective especially when we have larger transitions.

I'm at an A+ store. Until recently, we had a total of 4 people in the team. This includes TL and signing TM.

We're in charge of everything in the adjacency calendar (except for SL VAs). We demerch, repush demerch, clean shelves, pull, set, push, research and do sfq. The worst part of it all is when Spot sends fixtures, displays, and ISM late. I hate having to go back on a set.

I don't know how we survived 2 years like that.. Spot really saved payroll in our dept -_-

I hate when you are missing fixtures/displays/ISM there is never anytime to go back and fix them and it never arrives at the same time. Most of last year I was down to 3 team members plus me setting it was a struggle! I really don't have time to spend with my price change team and when they fall behind I have to use my Plano team blitz their workload to catch them up.

If you mysupport the adjacency calendar they will tell you that page is wrong and that POG is responsible for pulling their own pogs. I have a br TM scheduled under pog to pull. We set, clean, do our own signing/displays, and push. Sometimes if we notice something is really off we will research or change capacities. I give all TLs a copy of my plan and they are responsible for pulling all the clearance and merchandising it.

Many Pptl aren't aware, but no matter what your signing TM is given a certain amount of hours. If your team does their own signing, compare you signing tms hours to the monthly update, whatever isn't accounted for you can that TM for.. ( obviously take account of pallets and other duties and make sure they are 100%)

I own ad and have aTM come in a few times a week to sort it. Pricing and Plano put ad up on Sunday's. My team works sun-Saturday's and I stagger days off.

From my understanding from my last store is the logistics team is to absorb them and only stage major full transitions like Halloween ect and backstock and pull the rest. And when they stage it has to be sorted. My store stages anything that says transitions and doesn't sort them by aisle or department it's a nightmare.

OMG that sounds horrible. All of my transition boxes are palletized by aisle or at least aisles next to each other. Like Domestics they will stage 2 or 3 aisles on the same pallet but everything is labeled with a sign what they are. They also separate all repack merchandise and write the aisle on the repack. It's really helpful. Not a lot comes out of the backroom and everything is organized for us to pull out and push. We palletize all transition boxes to save time. Backroom doesn't have to backstock it all and then pull it when we set. Its easier for everyone.

OMG that sounds horrible. All of my transition boxes are palletized by aisle or at least aisles next to each other. Like Domestics they will stage 2 or 3 aisles on the same pallet but everything is labeled with a sign what they are. They also separate all repack merchandise and write the aisle on the repack. It's really helpful. Not a lot comes out of the backroom and everything is organized for us to pull out and push. We palletize all transition boxes to save time. Backroom doesn't have to backstock it all and then pull it when we set. Its easier for everyone.
I'm so envious of the organization your store has for transition. They don't sort out ours at all and sometimes they don't even tell us there is transition until a week later and they are like "you guys gonna finish that?!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back