Playing Music In Target?

Would You Want Music Playing In Target?

• Yaaaaaaaaas

Votes: 197 59.3%
  • Heck no

Votes: 135 40.7%

• Total voters
So I shopped tonight at a recently remodeled (and expanded) SuperTarget north of me while I was out running other errands that way. I honestly did not even recognize the building as being a Target because it's all shades of brown on the outside and there was NO street-side signage at all, so I ended up passing it twice. First time was heading between stops, not intending to do a Target run, and realizing as I passed it that it existed. Second time was because I didn't know exactly where it was and the lack of pylons made me miss the turn.

Music was playing throughout the store, and I didn't recognize a single song in the roughly hour I was there.

I don't like the spotlights on the track lighting. I do kind of like how the corner areas are organized in sort of pie-shaped aisles. The grocery area is very nice. And other guests clued me into the fact that the store was expanded during the remodel when they were in awe over ovens and roaster cabinets. And Pharmacy is now in the center-ish of the store rather than against a wall, as is the fitting room with a double bank of stalls.

The list they're shuffling has a pretty big range of songs, but somehow still everyday there's at least one song I hear twice and then I go home singing it. And each week there's at least one song that I liked prior to tgt playing music that I'm now over. There's also songs that come on and idk how I know the words to them. There was a jazzy outkast instrumental at one point, and one day there was a chunk of music playing that made me feel like I was in the sad montage part of a romantic comedy....

the guests who mention it to me like it, though

Now that it's in the commercials, I never ever ever ever want to hear The Middle again. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

They stopped playing music in my store. It's so dull without it. I want to ask STL when he comes in what happened to the music. I miss the techno beat. It made the day go by faster.

I would hate it. I love a lot of music, but none of that music is what a Target store would probably play... which I'm guessing is modern pop music. Can't stand the stuff. I'd likely pull a Van Gogh. And I don't have the ability to tune out sounds that bother me, so it would be hell for me if it was music I hated.

I don't think it would go over well with the TMs here. A few years ago, they tried playing music on the speakers before the store opened because they noticed a bunch of Flow TMs had their phones on them to play their own music. People would take turns plugging in their phones and picking playlists. But nobody could agree on one kind of music and there were too many complaints about it so they went back to letting us just have our phones on us.

I would hate it. I love a lot of music, but none of that music is what a Target store would probably play... which I'm guessing is modern pop music. Can't stand the stuff. I'd likely pull a Van Gogh. And I don't have the ability to tune out sounds that bother me, so it would be hell for me if it was music I hated.

I don't think it would go over well with the TMs here. A few years ago, they tried playing music on the speakers before the store opened because they noticed a bunch of Flow TMs had their phones on them to play their own music. People would take turns plugging in their phones and picking playlists. But nobody could agree on one kind of music and there were too many complaints about it so they went back to letting us just have our phones on us.

LE WRONG GENERATION

LE WRONG GENERATION
Well, I took a "musical age" quiz once and it told me I was 70 based on my tastes. :p
I'm young enough that I "should" like modern pop. But I grew up listening to the oldies station, was trained in classical and jazz music, and grew to love all types of rock music from folk to heavy metal. So I hate it. Can't stand country (with the exception of some Johnny Cash tunes) and rap either.
Given my sound sensitivity disorder and the fact that I can't tune out sounds, the thought of having to deal with hearing music I hate during every shift sets me on edge.

Back