Archived Please Pray

Status
Not open for further replies.
open to noon, 5 people after 8 asked for it. Lol

30 consoles tickets handed out at 6am, lines created - one per person and sold out in before we opened the door.. All said and done by 8:30am..

Heard a conversation over the radio, five minutes before open that basically amounted to "Hey LOD, should be have tickets ready?" "Um, I don't know..."

I guess it went all right though, not too many people at the door when I came in 10 before open and I didn't hear any horror stories.

Surprisingly in my store 20 switches lasted till around 1pm. They were only 5 people lined up and they started around 730am.

Now the problem is today because we're getting it in the trailer and we have to hold them for tomorrow since it's in the ad

Our store is holding around 20 for Sunday's ad. .com says we are in stock and people keep coming in and asking for them:eek:

My store had 7 units for open, we had 2 available during break for TMs amazingly. I was able to grab a WiiU copy of breath of the wind before they sold out too!

30 consoles tickets handed out at 6am, lines created - one per person and sold out in before we opened the door.. All said and done by 8:30am..
8:08 for us. My poor electronics nerd didn't stand a chance...

8:08 for us. My poor electronics nerd didn't stand a chance...

It only took that long to check everyone through, we had our Electronics TL and his best TM and ETL AP handle it. All orderly and quiet.. Numbers handed out at 6am line up, got a number, here is your switch what accessory or game would like? Ok my partner here will take your money.. Next! No BS..

Today, my tm handed me the phone and said the guest wanted to talk to a manager.

She tells me that this morning, the girl in electronics told her we had plenty of switches in stock. I asked her if she was sure she was talking to electronics. She tells me that she was, because she was transferred to us.

Okay. She took the bait. I then told her that I only had male workers on today. Which was true. The operator was even male. Plus I informed her that all staff are completely sure and have been informed since noon yesterday that we are out and do not know when we are getting more. This is also true, as huddles and walkie announcements throughout the days have said as much. The operators are also well informed.

Then she tells me she had been refreshing the website constantly and that it says we have limited stock.

Well..... target sent us 5 extra neon, and shorted us 5 black. We've researched it about 10 times, plus ap has elevated the issue. Our damn system still says we have 5 black ones in stock, and -5 neon.

She then says she feels she should get 10% off an accessory for her trouble that we have put her through. I tell her no, and she presses it. I tell her no again, and explain that nobody would have told her we have "plenty" and reiterate that I had no female employees working today as she brings up that the electronics girl told her we had plenty again.

She tells me she expected better from us, and I reply that I expected better attempts from her as well. Lying to me won't get you a switch or a discount.

The conversation ended there without an argument :)

Our gstl told a guest that we have 40 switches and 5 NES classics in stock yesterday. When I told the guest that they were misinformed our target tech asshat ran up and told the gstl that I was talking smack about her. Best part was our stl was setting an endcap when this all went down and when big mouth gstl came back to figure out why I was telling people she was wrong the stl stepped in and ended that quickly. And stl put a phone call into the tech's boss and a couple hours later they had a replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back