Archived POG General Routine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone. Just finished my first day of training as a POG TM. My trainer is very patient with (i ask a lot of questions). He's done well to get me through the general processes of, setting, pulling, and some pushing. However, I want to know the typical routine for a POG TM, like the moment I walk into the fixture room (and after huddles, if some of you do that). Is it pretty much, grab your Plano grams, gather strips, print labels (also price accuracy labels), tie, set, demerchandize, push etc? Thanks! I'm a neeewb.
P.S. of course I can just ask my trainer (as I have a second day of training) but I kind of want to see some of the responses here. Thanks again!

Last edited:
I started Plano two years ago. I didn't get any training so that's good you have gotten some. It took me a solid bit of time to really grasp it all. Here is my day very simply put. Clock in, get a mydevice (may need to ask a buddy to tie your shit, equipment is scarce many days). Go and see what pogs I'm setting. Get label strips. Head out to my area and gauge the situation. My team lead expects us to merchandise clearance which we don't really have to buy whatever. It can be a real bitch if so. I'll just figure out if I need extra shelves and if I need pegs I'll toss some in for me. Usually when ever we need lots of pegs we are all in the same area doing seasonal. While I'm in the backroom I will print price accuracy on my pogs, and grab a duster. I use spray and paper towels but a majority of the time all you need is a duster to power wipe those shelves off. Generally I download everything and set it and drop labels and upload it all back... pull push the pog. You will develop your own way of doing things when it comes to pog honestly. I was always asking myself 'what can I do to be faster?' and now I'm here and can do Plano like a cake walk lol

@Westcoast7 Thank you so much! That was really really helpful! I'm starting to get a hang of it now. I feel like a few more days with it and I should be pretty decent. Thanks again!

You won't really feel comfortable 100% with it for a while, and suddenly, without realizing it, you'll be a pro. Just keep at it and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back