Archived Pregnancy and Flow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
So...just found out I'm pregnant. I'm on flow obviously. What now?

Lately when I'm on the line helping unload I feel nausea's and faint....I don't think I should continue helping the line for obvious reasons but what about in my section? Having to put away those Strollers is a lot of work!!!

I'm just basically wondering what the best route for me here is...what questions should I be asking. What should I be telling my E/TL's.....ect....

Talk to your leaders! They should be more than willing to find a spot for you. It's not hard to accommodate for pregnancy.

Nthing talking to leadership and letting them know what's up. Shouldn't be too disruptive moving you and other TMs around to accomodate. Since I've been with Target there's been a couple pregnant flow TMs at my store. They were moved to either helping push softlines or the GM autos (leaving the heavier stuff for the rest of us).

I'd be due November 14th! I will be with Target 12 months in September. What benefits would I qualify for?

Depends on the state I believe, but Target will do the bare minimum required by law....no more. That'll basically equate to Target holding your position for you while you go on unpaid LOA.

Of course you will have the best revenge because you will be able to bring the store to a crashing halt just by walking in the door with the baby in your arms.
Every TM will run over to look at the baby and nothing will get taken care of for at least half an hour.

You have the power.

Congrats! When I first started, I worked flow till the day before I had my son. I told my TL and my HR so they were aware of my pregnancy. In flow I use to do the repack breakout. I would push cosmetics then push the three tier carts. Drink lots of water, eat healthy and stay active! It helps with the swollen feet. ;)

I was a cashier when I was pregnant, so I'm no help with flow...but congratulations!!! And definitely invest in some compression socks. It helps not coming home with gigantic feet and ankles after being on your feet all day.

When my flow TMs came up pregnant I had to move them to lighter duty tasks. Some always worked in beast mode and continued pushing the same areas until they were about to bust. Soft lines/HBA and other light areas were good fits, never worked the line.

Although pregnant TMs shifts got cut because they couldn't unload so I didn't have them come in until the 2nd or 3rd wave ( 30min or 1 hr after the unload started) .

Benefits in our state are shitty. You have to average 32 hours a week for a year to qualify for Target benefits. Then it would cost you $300 a month for a High Deductible Low Premium plan with United Healthcare. Once you reach $5000 in medical expenses then the insurance kicks in.

Before Target my son was born for free. During Target my daughter cost $4500. With my new job, it will cost $50. I paid $500 a month for Target's shitty insurance. If you don't have insurance then find out what programs your state has. Although I thought Obama care forced everyone to have insurance? I know they charge you when you file your taxes if you don't.

But in summary pregnancy might qualify you with the state but not with Target. Each state is different. Believe CA is one of the best states for employees.

When my flow TMs came up pregnant I had to move them to lighter duty tasks. Some always worked in beast mode and continued pushing the same areas until they were about to bust. Soft lines/HBA and other light areas were good fits, never worked the line.

Although pregnant TMs shifts got cut because they couldn't unload so I didn't have them come in until the 2nd or 3rd wave ( 30min or 1 hr after the unload started) .

Benefits in our state are shitty. You have to average 32 hours a week for a year to qualify for Target benefits. Then it would cost you $300 a month for a High Deductible Low Premium plan with United Healthcare. Once you reach $5000 in medical expenses then the insurance kicks in.

Before Target my son was born for free. During Target my daughter cost $4500. With my new job, it will cost $50. I paid $500 a month for Target's shitty insurance. If you don't have insurance then find out what programs your state has. Although I thought Obama care forced everyone to have insurance? I know they charge you when you file your taxes if you don't.

But in summary pregnancy might qualify you with the state but not with Target. Each state is different. Believe CA is one of the best states for employees.

I'm not worried about insurance. I'm covered tbrought the state. But I do want to know how long I get for maternity leave...

@FlowChick in our state (MD) and with Target you can take a LOA but it's all unpaid. I think the LOA can be up to 3-6 months and it's renewable pending Hewitt approval. If you have time off you can use that for some of it. But I think you'll have to work 32hrs a week or more on a consistent basis to qualify for short/long term disability.

Your HR can answer all of these questions better than us since we may live in different states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back