Archived Q4 in the front end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going into Q4, how does your store handle things? What does the front end do to prepare themselves? For example, my store made a point of using EVERY register between today and yestrday to make sure they all still work (and submitting work orders for those that need it), and today we pushed 38 boxes of bags and replenished receipt paper, coupon paper, coupon ink, RedCard brochures, and whatever else the lanes are supposed to be stocked with.

What are your stores' front ends doing to prepare?

Yeah, we can't use every register right now to check them because we've stolen things off the ones we don't use for spare parts. So until those parts come in, we have about three or four lanes we cannot test.

And for us, it's too early to stock the lanes with supplies. I try to do it on a weekly basis anyway, but with the control room being off limits to supplies, it really limits how much we can stash up front. Also, we'll just go through them before then, anyway.

There will be a huge push to get things done about a week before the reindeer run, but much sooner than that, and it's just stuff we'll end up doing again, anyway.

We haven't done anything special, I doubt we will either. We use most registers at least once a week anyway though so nothing to check on in that regard.

Yeah, we can't use every register right now to check them because we've stolen things off the ones we don't use for spare parts. So until those parts come in, we have about three or four lanes we cannot test.

And for us, it's too early to stock the lanes with supplies. I try to do it on a weekly basis anyway, but with the control room being off limits to supplies, it really limits how much we can stash up front. Also, we'll just go through them before then, anyway.

There will be a huge push to get things done about a week before the reindeer run, but much sooner than that, and it's just stuff we'll end up doing again, anyway.

Someone on your team should be submitting CSC Tickets for the broken equipment so it gets replaced.

When I was equipment captain I had to get every lane operational by Black Friday, was creating a LOT of CSC Tickets and sending out equipment.

The last yr I was equipment goddess, I did a shake-down on each lane cleaning & checking components.
I cannibalized from other registers until it was down to one or two that needed virtually everything replaced.
I began stock-piling receipt/coupon paper in my SAP orders & filling a paper ream box with packs of pens.
I went thru CO to double up on deposit bags/slips, & straps; made sure we had a complete set of skim bags, etc.
We doubled up on bag orders & other supplies we sometimes ran out of.

Nowadays? They simply push the panic button.
Over & over & over.....

Create a pentagram out of broken candy canes summon high ticket items.

Turn the break room into a chapel where we repeat the serenity prayer every hour.

Drink.
tumblr_lo9672LeuN1qczo8zo1_500.gif

What are your stores' front ends doing to prepare?

Running screaming into the night.

Under previous leadership, our front end was golden leading up to Q4. But between an excellent GSTL getting fired, some questionable GSA hires, our lack of an ETL-GE for the last several months, and of course AE14, I shudder to think about what they're doing to "prepare."

My idea was to get everything fully stocked now, and then refill on a weekly basis. Yesterday I put out almost half a pallet boxes of bags (and we only have 14 regular lanes plus 4 express) so that tells you how rarely we actually fill anything. Tonight I grabbed two full boxes and replaced any bags that were used today, and now the lanes are all fully stocked with bags. In theory I'm going to do this once a week and we won't have a huge push to stock EVERYTHING at the last minute.

Someone on your team should be submitting CSC Tickets for the broken equipment so it gets replaced.

When I was equipment captain I had to get every lane operational by Black Friday, was creating a LOT of CSC Tickets and sending out equipment.

They are working on it. But when you spend 9 months out of the year stealing from the registers you never use, it takes a little time to get everything fixed (especially when the registers you do use seem to be in a constant rotation of disrepair).

My idea was to get everything fully stocked now, and then refill on a weekly basis. Yesterday I put out almost half a pallet boxes of bags (and we only have 14 regular lanes plus 4 express) so that tells you how rarely we actually fill anything. Tonight I grabbed two full boxes and replaced any bags that were used today, and now the lanes are all fully stocked with bags. In theory I'm going to do this once a week and we won't have a huge push to stock EVERYTHING at the last minute.

Yeah...I try to do the once a week thing, but then chaos happens and I'm back to putting out fires. I try to do once a week routines, but stuff seems to get put off because no one else seems to have any sort of routine beyond "get through this shift" so that means all the cleaning, instocks, stocking, etc, seems to fall to the same person over and over again. And since my gsa shifts vary from two to five a week, it's hard to constantly play catch up.

we have someone that comes in once a week for four hours and stocks our lanes. It's wonderful and we mostly just need to stock some bags on the lanes we use the most by the weekend and then by monday we are empty again.

I would hate it if they didn't do this for us.

Prepare? What is this word you speak? Is that synonymous with proactive? Ya'll know Target only knows how to react, and generally does that only when so far behind the eight ball that a cluster fuck is guaranteed :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back