Archived QMOS, why only consumables?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost 90% of Taget product expires.
On Zebra device
The Main app
tap menu drop down.
Check dates
You will see the locations of expired product.
Acohol, Makeup, Vitamins, Baby food.

I do not work in cosmetics, babies, or pets. Yet in still, I must leave market to check for expired product in those work centers.

TM in other work centers can you do my 7am freezer pulls. And yes, ice cream is the last row of freezer. Or you can FEFO and zone market. NO FLEX. because a TM will come shoot outs and lows, so we must be accurate.
It should be no problem. I do your date checks that's is at opposite end of the store.

Weird. Beauty at my store takes care of all of their own expired product. Sometimes our PPTL will even go to Market and help them get all of their expired stuff on a 3-tier. All of it ends up at the service desk, of course, but anyway who is telling you that you need to be purging expired product for other departments? Your TL?

Since moving to the Zebra device the check dates function was explained as a market function.
So let say, you enter expiration date for shoe polish product. On expiration date it will appear in check dates.

Wrong, check all dates for that item on sales floor, meaning FEFO location, if you follow process. After all sales floor locations are complete. Then, the functions to backroom locations.
What area you work in?
Market Surface duties (a lot of days it's 2 or 3 TM: Auto, manuals backstock, CandS push, Milk, Truck Push

As long as it’s not in back room location then you can just type in the dpci and click no ( not following procedures) does a toy really expire. I had a Casio calculator two days in a row in the lock up had to scan location shelf.

I hate when the check lanes candy gum comes up. Monday’s I get around 50 check dates.

Last edited:
Weird. Beauty at my store takes care of all of their own expired product. Sometimes our PPTL will even go to Market and help them get all of their expired stuff on a 3-tier. All of it ends up at the service desk, of course, but anyway who is telling you that you need to be purging expired product for other departments? Your TL?
I don't put anything at service desk, I put it all in esim because when I did take stuff to service desk it always ended back up on the shelf

I don't put anything at service desk, I put it all in esim because when I did take stuff to service desk it always ended back up on the shelf
Whomever is working your GS desk is lazy or needs training.
Expired need to be processed as defective and then thrown out in Box A (Toss bin) with the right sticker.

Part of your problem is a lack of understanding of your role. You are a consumable team member, not a market one. No matter what the dingbats rename your job. You can set an expiration on any product in the store. It's on leaders to foster expectations that we only use sda for actual dated product. After that we need to understand that consumables is more than food and as a higher paid team member it's expected of you to sda other consumable areas outside of market.

It's not gonna ruin your day, it's not going to end your life. It's probably not even going to take that long.

Expired need to be processed as defective and then thrown out in Box A (Toss bin) with the right sticker.
If the stuff is already QMOS’d then it doesn’t need a sticker, printing a sticker for it would just be taking extra out of our inventory. I can see how it may have ended back up on the shelf if the stuff is left on a 3 tier or something and no one bothers to check what it actually is, I agree it still should not be happening though. (The vendor stuff that can’t be QMOS’d using a zebra is super annoying, btw. We ended up with a full 3-tier of expired pizzas that had to be done individually with sort or with a PDA when we cleaned out our freezer)

3-tier of expired pizzas that had to be done individually with sort
Yup, this always happens to us, which is probably why I'm used to sticker-ing and Toss-ing, because we get two or three 3-tiers with expired crap (mostly impulse candies from the lanes) and I end up being the only one at GS, processing Yes-Returns and reshop asking for their 3-tiers back. Hey, I'm one person. Come help me Sort and Toss if you want your cart back that bad.

Reactions: Dog
Part of your problem is a lack of understanding of your role. You are a consumable team member, not a market one. No matter what the dingbats rename your job. You can set an expiration on any product in the store. It's on leaders to foster expectations that we only use sda for actual dated product. After that we need to understand that consumables is more than food and as a higher paid team member it's expected of you to sda other consumable areas outside of market.

It's not gonna ruin your day, it's not going to end your life. It's probably not even going to take that long.
Unfortunately you are not understanding the role of SDA. The Op by all means should be concerned with only the food area of the store and the other departments especially modernization areas need to do theirs regardless if it is electronics or another. If we are so big on to the title of "consumables" I look forward to the backroom pulling my autopulls as like food is a consumable so are chemicals, which they pull. There was a reason why chemicals and food line up in a particular section of the store aka "A" block due to the "consumables" moniker. I hope to God the OP does not need to also process that expired product because that is straight up bullshit to the nth degree. As for not taking long you obviously have never done check dates before.

Last edited:
Since moving to the Zebra device the check dates function was explained as a market function.
So let say, you enter expiration date for shoe polish product. On expiration date it will appear in check dates.
SDA is not a market only function by the way and I am sorry you have to deal with that. My store has a tendency of pawning off some of the most ridiculous things on my team when it is not our responsibility.

Well it's usually our receiving lady that does the tossing and esim, so it's usually just faster and more efficient to just put the merch in esim.

Well it's usually our receiving lady that does the tossing and esim, so it's usually just faster and more efficient to just put the merch in esim.
We gotta bag, sticker, and zip-tie our ESIM. No one does it for us at our store. :(

Unfortunately you are not understanding the role of SDA. The Op by all means should be concerned with only the food area of the store and the other departments especially modernization areas need to do theirs regardless if it is electronics or another. If we are so big on to the title of "consumables" I look forward to the backroom pulling my autopulls as like food is a consumable so are chemicals, which they pull. There was a reason why chemicals and food line up in a particular section of the store aka "A" block due to the "consumables" moniker. I hope to God the OP does not need to also process that expired product because that is straight up bullshit to the nth degree. As for not taking long you obviously have never done check dates before.
Chem and food do not line up in all stores. For instance chem is A and food is G in my location. Most of these other teams don't do them because they are not broken down to sections like audit is. The more paws in the pot the less likely to get done smoothly. As a PA who ran the fdc process for 5 years I've lived this process. Most days a full chill and sda takes under two hours, which is what we are given for the deep cull. Heck even the checklane audit only added another two daily and that was a snafu to some degree.

After pulling it, why wouldn't they process it? They know best why it was pulled.

This is likely only a case of not all stores are the same, or growing persons as we go through modernization. Everybody is stretching into new roles for now.

We gotta bag, sticker, and zip-tie our ESIM. No one does it for us at our store. :(
Same here, though most of our esim and throw aways come to us on the truck. 😂 there was one day we had $1,000+ go straight from the truck and into the trash. As it comes in on the truck, bagging and zipping is left to me for all of it. Which I don't mind.

I
Chem and food do not line up in all stores. For instance chem is A and food is G in my location. Most of these other teams don't do them because they are not broken down to sections like audit is. The more paws in the pot the less likely to get done smoothly. As a PA who ran the fdc process for 5 years I've lived this process. Most days a full chill and sda takes under two hours, which is what we are given for the deep cull. Heck even the checklane audit only added another two daily and that was a snafu to some degree.

After pulling it, why wouldn't they process it? They know best why it was pulled.

This is likely only a case of not all stores are the same, or growing persons as we go through modernization. Everybody is stretching into new roles for now.
That was part of the deal with your allotments of time when you were PA back in the day before E2E. Changeover from the old days also included for me going from three trucks a week to now one every day. The effects are especially harder on lower volume stores with smaller staffs as now everything with E2E and now modernization is crammed together. I have heard of larger stores who have a single person do cleaning procedures the entire day like the good ole days. It must be nice because that is not my store and a lot of stores in my region who are not pulling in 60 million plus. With that said other departments need to take on responsibility and change with the times. It seems Softlines and Grocery are the only ones taking the punches and having stuff added on constantly. Hell i have to fight for my own uboats now for my own process. With the grocery operating model, E2E, and now modernization the "best practices" from even three years past went out the window and people need to recognize that. The process teams, and even the "modernization" teams, in my store refuse to have anything added on their plate that is of their own responsibility. It is hard for me to understand how when it is of their concern, we work as a store, "one team one dream" nonsense but when it is of my concern, it is a grocery problem.

I

That was part of the deal with your allotments of time when you were PA back in the day before E2E. Changeover from the old days also included for me going from three trucks a week to now one every day. The effects are especially harder on lower volume stores with smaller staffs as now everything with E2E and now modernization is crammed together. I have heard of larger stores who have a single person do cleaning procedures the entire day like the good ole days. It must be nice because that is not my store and a lot of stores in my region who are not pulling in 60 million plus. With that said other departments need to take on responsibility and change with the times. It seems Softlines and Grocery are the only ones taking the punches and having stuff added on constantly. Hell i have to fight for my own uboats now for my own process. With the grocery operating model, E2E, and now modernization the "best practices" from even three years past went out the window and people need to recognize that. The process teams, and even the "modernization" teams, in my store refuse to have anything added on their plate that is of their own responsibility. It is hard for me to understand how when it is of their concern, we work as a store, "one team one dream" nonsense but when it is of my concern, it is a grocery problem.
I'm the signing tm. I did nothing but truck for a month. Doubles twice a week, a triple. I ran pace on the line or market sort, then ran a crew on the floor. Not one bit of signing or pog was done in that time. There are teams bending over backwards for the new process... you are preaching to the choir.

What about when the backroom walk in fridges break down and are out for 5-7hours overnight.... we come in the morning and everything is QMOS! Does target get credit for that? Is there some kind of budget for this shit? It breaks my heart to see so much food go to waste. It’s undonateable tho because it all smells really bad

What about when the backroom walk in fridges break down and are out for 5-7hours overnight.... we come in the morning and everything is QMOS! Does target get credit for that? Is there some kind of budget for this shit? It breaks my heart to see so much food go to waste. It’s undonateable tho because it all smells really bad
Insurance claims & spot will take credits too.

alcohol/cosmetics is ESIM, formula is CRC so that's why you can't just QMOS them. and vendor products can't be QMOSed either.

As long as it’s not in back room location then you can just type in the dpci and click no ( not following procedures) does a toy really expire. I had a Casio calculator two days in a row in the lock up had to scan location shelf.

I hate when the check lanes candy gum comes up. Monday’s I get around 50 check dates.

I just call out all the other TLs to do the tasks that are in their area.

Some with price audit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back