Archived Question about Red Shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we must wear red and khaki (althorugh the handbook says you can wear any solid color except for jeans), but I was wondering if I am able to wear a red shirt that has "Hollister" on the very bottom right. It's solid everywhere except for that small (probably 3 inches long) little tag at the bottom that says "Hollister". Am I able to wear this shirt?

We can wear anything solid red w/ no logos (except for target ones) and maroon as that is one of the colors of a local university. No patterns either.

I wear shirts with pinstripes and such on a regular basis, never been commented on. I however have a burgundy dress shirt, that's been commented on a few times.

At least at my store a logo near the bottom of a shirt'd be fine, just not huge letters across the chest, etc.

It's really amazing what's allowed with at my target, especially with being the district store. I've seen people wear olive khaki pants, shits have logos, and I've seen team members even wear flannel shirts. I've personally worn holister polos and gotten compliments from the DTL about the color. It just depends I guess.

Depends on how big the logo is and location. If its on the top of a shirt at any size, then no. If its at the bottom of the shirt and not that big, then maybe.

Have your ETL or STL examine the shirt.

According to the handbook you can't. But a team member at my store wears soild green pants to work everyday lol

At my store I've seen reds of all shades. Dark red/maroon is common. At one point we had a guy wear an orange fleece, and I don't believe anyone ever said anything to him. At my store, after you've been there a while, the likelihood of anyone nitpicking over miniscule things like your shirt being two shades off is pretty low.

I do think someone said something to one of our seasonal gals this year. Because, while comfortable, khaki leggings are not brand.

According to the handbook you can't. But a team member at my store wears soild green pants to work everyday lol
My khakis look like green pants after opening up the bananas on FDC truck days. After opening up 20 boxes of bananas the green dye from the outside of the Chiquita boxes rub off on your pants.

I know we must wear red and khaki (althorugh the handbook says you can wear any solid color except for jeans), but I was wondering if I am able to wear a red shirt that has "Hollister" on the very bottom right. It's solid everywhere except for that small (probably 3 inches long) little tag at the bottom that says "Hollister". Am I able to wear this shirt?
I don't know if id be gutsy enough to wear my black pants to work. :D

My khakis look like green pants after opening up the bananas on FDC truck days. After opening up 20 boxes of bananas the green dye from the outside of the Chiquita boxes rub off on your pants.
Between the chalk on boxes, the blue pallets and the general dust out back I've got random small stains on all my fave khakis.

I have several danskin brand shirts and jackets. They have a small same color symbol on them and I've never heard anything. My hoodie is red with grey shoulder striping. Never hear anything about it either.

We have skit of softlines girls wear a red cardigan it shrug with whatever color underneath. Orange, purple, stripes. Nobody ever says anything about that either.

Don't be shy to use bleach (and let them soak overnight) on your khakis.

Between the chalk on boxes, the blue pallets and the general dust out back I've got random small stains on all my fave khakis.

I have several danskin brand shirts and jackets. They have a small same color symbol on them and I've never heard anything. My hoodie is red with grey shoulder striping. Never hear anything about it either.

We have skit of softlines girls wear a red cardigan it shrug with whatever color underneath. Orange, purple, stripes. Nobody ever says anything about that either.
The cardigan is fine. As long as your outermost layer is red, it's fine. Whish I could find a good red cardigan to wear.

One of the girls in flow wears a red hoodie with American Eagle printed on it. Everyone seems to be fine with it and she even had her picture taken for official things with it on. I've worn a red hoodie over a different colored shirt and never had a problem. I've seen TL's and above wearing red cardigans or sweaters, our ETL-AP wears a red sweater vest often.

The cardigan is fine. As long as your outermost layer is red, it's fine. Whish I could find a good red cardigan to wear.
I'd be more ok with it if you saw the red first when you looked at them. But it's usually a long hemmed shirt or tank top with a cropped shrug or open cardigan so they can say they've got on red. But when you see the black and white striped shirt and khakis and maybe the edge of red it confuses the guests as well as new team members.

I read some fashion blogs ( i.e. ways to make a turtleneck look cool, 10 ways to wear chambray, Street Style in Sweden etc) .
I challenge someone to come up 10 ways to make this dress code look good.
Please share your ideas
Would a vintage White Stripes t shirt be appropriate? Hey dude I`m totally serious! What about Red Hot Chili Peppers?

You can wear whatever you want
just wear it under your red and khaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back