Archived Question for LOG/BR pros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You removed it, therefore it isnt going to pull the batch, autofills and CAFS are based on sales, not floor counts.
CAFs and autofills actually are based on floor counts. They transitioned to this a few years ago as a replacement to the accumulator. So now when an item is purchased at the POS, it decreases the sales floor quantity and when it hits a certain point, will trigger a fill or an order from the DC.

CAFs and autofills actually are based on floor counts. They transitioned to this a few years ago as a replacement to the accumulator. So now when an item is purchased at the POS, it decreases the sales floor quantity and when it hits a certain point, will trigger a fill or an order from the DC.
Right, but...beings those were not on the floor and were not triggering a sale...i wonder if that caused them to not pull.

Nope, if the floor count is zero and there are BR locs, it will always pull as the ILR trigger (regardless of how low it's set) will be surpassed. These items didn't make it to the floor because they were burned in the BR.

Nope, if the floor count is zero and there are BR locs, it will always pull as the ILR trigger (regardless of how low it's set) will be surpassed. These items didn't make it to the floor because they were burned in the BR.
Well, dang.

I'm going to have to test this out in consumables. Our backroom sucks.

Stop fucking over the backroom. Shoot a research batch and tell them. Anyone that manipulates their batches into the cafs can go get fucked
Marry me? please :)

the Backroom knows when y'all try to pull some thing over on them. I keep wanting to send out pulls in hanger bins when it happens but our BrTL keeps saying "no"

Who is getting angry? If you are dropping batches for things that are out on the floor, that should be the only reason they need. Just remind them you can't sell it from the backroom, everyone needs to work to fill the floor, this is getting stuff out of the back that would otherwise just sit there taking up space, etc.

Not to mention, how awesome it will be to backstock when there is actually space!.

(When they bitch about the bulk/furn pulls mentioned earlier.)

Usually the reason there are outs with backroom locations, is because someone was being lazy and flexed their overstock. So I pull down all the BS that doesn't belong and then scan the outs so backroom has to pull them. Then I explain to the logistics ETL how his teams are creating extra work for each other ;)
Our flow TL will work out challenge then bring it back and explain that something won't go out because there's clearance in its place. WTF? So move it!!

Any time I saw a bunch of furniture coming out, I would check and see who is scanning those aisles, and see what their plan is to get the stuff pushed. If it was a TL and they were going to push it themselves or assigned it to a specific TM, great. If it was the instocks team, who basically just scanned and left push for mid-TMs to push when they got in, I would hold off.

I could always count on a flat with 5-6 pieces of furniture coming back with less than half of the product pushed. If it was early on a weekday, I'd pull those batches and try to push them myself if time allowed.

Our flow TL will work out challenge then bring it back and explain that something won't go out because there's clearance in its place. WTF? So move it!!

That pisses me off so much. Someone flexes over an active dpci, then we get that product in off the truck, flow either can't find it or they find the location but because something is flexed over it they just send it to backstock.

We can't sell something that a guest can't see people!

@Tyrant and then it just ends up coming out in a CAF or auto again anyway doesn't it? Just more extra work. People need to push to the peice.

@Tyrant and then it just ends up coming out in a CAF or auto again anyway doesn't it? Just more extra work. People need to push to the peice.
Depending on what it is, it might stay in the back until it's researched. The biggest problem with this whole "sales floor quantity" thing is that backstocking an item doesn't affect it's SFQ. So if enough comes in on the truck to fill the floor, the system will assume it is now full...even if all of it ends up getting backstocked. That's how we end up with stupid myDevices saying "10 on floor, 10 in back, 10 on hand" while the floor location is actually empty.

I think only if the system catches it as a challenge, but in that case it should be repushed. In my store it just gets backstocked and the person pulling the CAFs likely remembers it and just burns those eaches.

This whole "numbers" flow drives me nuts!! I want to know where I can find methods, training and, procedures, from the time it comes off the truck, to out the front door, everything in between?
I've asked many questions, with many answers, the answer depends on who you ask at the store.
The breakroom has provided good solid support, for that I thank everyone here.
I wish to aquire this knowledge on "Spot's" time,,,

This whole "numbers" flow drives me nuts!! I want to know where I can find methods, training and, procedures, from the time it comes off the truck, to out the front door, everything in between?
I've asked many questions, with many answers, the answer depends on who you ask at the store.
The breakroom has provided good solid support, for that I thank everyone here.
I wish to aquire this knowledge on "Spot's" time,,,
Just post and read TBR while you're on the clock.

There are so many small changes that have happened over the years, and they aren't being documented together in a central place. So if you happened to miss a redwire or workbench headline, you could be completely clueless about one of those small changes. And since everyone will miss different things, you get different answers from different people on how something works. There just isn't a Target logistics manual that you can sit down and read.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back