Archived Question for LOG/BR pros...

Status
Not open for further replies.
So last night I went through and scanned about a dozen outs in furn and bpls. At each of these that had BR locations, I set the sales floor quantity to zero. Keep in mind, each of these items only had 1 sales floor location (I specifically avoided changing floor quantities on items with multiple sales floor locations.)
Of course a batch was created for all of these dpci's which I promptly deleted when I was done scanning.
I went back to the locations moments later, to verify that the floor count was now showing zero and all were.
So today after the autos, most are still empty, the auto date shows today, and the floor count now is full to capacity or at least equal to what I showed in the BR last night.
Are there any other answers here other than I'm having batches burned?

Doubt it. Although, Target is currently tinkering with the replenishment system to solve the issue of batches auto-completing. However, I highly doubt that has anything to do with your mystery. If I had to place a bet, I'd put my money on burned batches. Bulk plastics and furniture are the biggest pain in the ass to pull.

I deleted what would have been the exf batches rather than dropping them. My goal was to see if by deleting the batch after setting sfq to zero, I could let the system do the work for me and pull the product in the morning's auto fills.

They were burned. A BRTM saw a ton of locations in the FURN batch and figured it was a mistake, so they burned them.

What you did is ok for one or two items, but if it's a lot, you should create the batch and coordinate with the backroom (or anyone with a PDA and equipment keys) to get it pulled.

That's an interesting take. Better to drop a dozen furn dpci's when there's one br team member who has to grab FA's, pull price, make a bale, and set the line, or to have them come out in the autos when there are 4 tm's doing nothing but pulling? Not sure I follow.

No, it's better to communicate it instead of hide it. If I had a dozen furniture DPCIs in the autofills, I probably would have burned it too. Although I would have followed up later by walking the aisle to see if there were a lot of outs or by asking the instocks TM to check it out. We've had too many instances of stuff from that department dropping into the autos that ends up not going out.

At my store, the closing TM is more likely to have nothing to do than the opening team.

Last edited:
If you are going to test an area. Keep the batch small. Your store may of had call outs in backroom & salesfloor. You could pulled the batch yourself for the results. I do it all the time. Counts are correct & nothing comes out. My stuff is easy stuff like electronics..

I am that person that will normally drop batches and fill the floor but sometimes they get angry at me for doing so even though it needs to be done, even if I plan to pull them myself. So when they get me pissed off I just delete the batches and they have to deal with it on the autofills. Then I tell them it's either that or my batches.

Who is getting angry? If you are dropping batches for things that are out on the floor, that should be the only reason they need. Just remind them you can't sell it from the backroom, everyone needs to work to fill the floor, this is getting stuff out of the back that would otherwise just sit there taking up space, etc.

I don't know (and I may not be understanding these situations correctly) but I think it's valid for BRTMs to get frustrated if this is done without warning. You might do it on a 1500pc truck day and it's fine...but if you decide to do it on a 2200pc truck day, or in the middle of a big reset when the BRTMs are getting massive amounts of backstock brought back and they're having a vastly different day/workload than the 1400pc truck day...well...that's an entirely different story. So you definitely need to be talking to your Flow TL/ETL-Log/BRTL/BRTMs and get a sense of their workload before you just take it upon yourself to create more work for another work center.

Then again, as a BRTM I'm kind of biased!

I deleted what would have been the exf batches rather than dropping them. My goal was to see if by deleting the batch after setting sfq to zero, I could let the system do the work for me and pull the product in the morning's auto fills.
you deleted the batch? before you dropped it? if true how could they pull it? the zeroed SFQ will probably depending on the great beyond come out on the next autofill, maybe but this being Target who knows. that is if I understand this correctly

I don't know (and I may not be understanding these situations correctly) but I think it's valid for BRTMs to get frustrated if this is done without warning. You might do it on a 1500pc truck day and it's fine...but if you decide to do it on a 2200pc truck day, or in the middle of a big reset when the BRTMs are getting massive amounts of backstock brought back and they're having a vastly different day/workload than the 1400pc truck day...well...that's an entirely different story. So you definitely need to be talking to your Flow TL/ETL-Log/BRTL/BRTMs and get a sense of their workload before you just take it upon yourself to create more work for another work center.

Then again, as a BRTM I'm kind of biased!
Exactly! Communication is key.

you deleted the batch? before you dropped it? if true how could they pull it? the zeroed SFQ will probably depending on the great beyond come out on the next autofill, maybe but this being Target who knows. that is if I understand this correctly
That's exactly what happens and the OP was under the impression that this could sneak it into the am backroom and flow workload.

10 dpci's fell into the autos just like I wanted them to. When those same sales floor locations were empty the next morning, I knew I had pinpointed the batch burning I was suspecting. Does this make the autos larger? Sure, but last time I checked the goal times change accordingly. I've got 4 people in the BR who have ample time to pull what the system asks them for and burning some of those items saves what...30 seconds to 1 minute for each item? The BR doesn't get to decide what they pull and what they don't. If they're in doubt about whether an item is actually needed on the sales floor, they should partner with their TL or the LOD.

I am that person that will normally drop batches and fill the floor but sometimes they get angry at me for doing so even though it needs to be done, even if I plan to pull them myself. So when they get me pissed off I just delete the batches and they have to deal with it on the autofills. Then I tell them it's either that or my batches.
Petty. I like it.

Is it nice to manipulate the system to throw furniture into autos? No. Should BR pull the autos because it's merchandise that can fit on the floor and I will kill them if they burn batches because they're too lazy to pull furniture? Yes.

If you set the sfq to zero, why would it pull? That makes no sense. If you set the sfq to zero, that means it doesn't hold anything so why would it pull

I think it has more to do with the fact that it was furniture and it was a lot of it. It's not normal to have that much furniture come out, and the TM who pulls furniture at my store is constantly pulling stuff that is full on the floor or is display only, and then has to go backstock it again.

If it was 12 DPCIs of BATH, it absolutely would have worked out the way you wanted it to.

I think it has more to do with the fact that it was furniture and it was a lot of it. It's not normal to have that much furniture come out, and the TM who pulls furniture at my store is constantly pulling stuff that is full on the floor or is display only, and then has to go backstock it again.

If it was 12 DPCIs of BATH, it absolutely would have worked out the way you wanted it to.
The only time I pull that much furniture is when I research furniture... Not when some tm is trying to pull a gotchya. Also op did you check the autofill data to see if the furniture pull was even big? Because it might not have even triggered a pull. If you zero it out it creates a research batch the cannot be deleted. You said you created an exf batch which can be deleted... Which means you either didn't actually zero it out or you did and you created a research batch. Which means you were lazy and didn't pull it. Stop trying to pull gotchya moments on the backroom and just pull it yourself and keep the floor full.

Because you deleted the batch? You removed it, therefore it isnt going to pull the batch, autofills and CAFS are based on sales, not floor counts. And they're probably not on the floor already because someone is burning it, system thinks its on the floor and not selling therefore not pulling? Pull the EXF lol

Last edited:
I use this trick all the time to fill the floor. Change the on floor count while not in research mode, and then delete the batch. My stuff always ends up in the autofills/CAFs unless the batch is burned or there were a lot of ghost locations.

You have to scan one of the outs again and check for the last pull date. If it says it was pulled after you scanned the initial out, but the stuff never came out, there's a chance it was burned or it was a ghost. Then you have to check the detail reports and find out who pulled it and backstocked it, seek to understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back