Archived Question on Sick time/Hour cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You were thanked for coming in sick but what do you have to show for it? I think it's sa mistake to come in sick if you have sick pay. Defeats the whole purpose of sick pay.

Maybe I misinterpreted the original comment (or your comment, for that matter) but I think Frontlanegirl mentioned she was thanked for coming in sick in order to show how twisted Target is, and not "it was worth going in sick, because my leaders thanked me"

I've gone to work immediately after throwing up. My TL was great and told me to go home as soon as they found out, but my ETL wanted me to stay. I know I could've left if I really. really needed to, but I definitely got the "pleasepleaseplease stay as long as you possibly can" vibe. Pretty sure I picked up a second shift that day too.

We've had a TM who's been sick for a month. Nothing serious, but she's sounded terrible and has been hacking non-stop for a month. We've had a handful of TMs end up in the hospital over the last few months due to 'the flu' or whatever...and I just can't help but think "oh. This is what happens to us poor people. We end up with MASSIVE medical bills because we're forced to keep working when we're sick, and our bodies eventually freak out" It's so stupid. :(

Maybe I misinterpreted the original comment (or your comment, for that matter) but I think Frontlanegirl mentioned she was thanked for coming in sick in order to show how twisted Target is, and not "it was worth going in sick, because my leaders thanked me"

I've gone to work immediately after throwing up. My TL was great and told me to go home as soon as they found out, but my ETL wanted me to stay. I know I could've left if I really. really needed to, but I definitely got the "pleasepleaseplease stay as long as you possibly can" vibe. Pretty sure I picked up a second shift that day too.

We've had a TM who's been sick for a month. Nothing serious, but she's sounded terrible and has been hacking non-stop for a month. We've had a handful of TMs end up in the hospital over the last few months due to 'the flu' or whatever...and I just can't help but think "oh. This is what happens to us poor people. We end up with MASSIVE medical bills because we're forced to keep working when we're sick, and our bodies eventually freak out" It's so stupid. :(
Yes, you interpreted my comment correctly. It was the attitude of "thank you for coming in sick and not calling out".

When do you start getting sick hours? I've gotten vacation hours for a bit now but sick hours always say zero. I've been there since Nov of 2015.

When do you start getting sick hours? I've gotten vacation hours for a bit now but sick hours always say zero. I've been there since Nov of 2015.

If you were going to get them you would have gotten them by now. Appears you are in an area that doesn't offer sick pay

If you were going to get them you would have gotten them by now. Appears you are in an area that doesn't offer sick pay

Found out that I do have some it just doesn't show on the pay stub under sick I guess it's wellness hours or something like that lol

Found out that I do have some it just doesn't show on the pay stub under sick I guess it's wellness hours or something like that lol
Everyone gets 4 wellness hours per year, which is not sick time. There are a bunch of restrictions on what you're supposed to use it for, and you have to use all 4 hours at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back