Archived Questionable Promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michy

Sarcastic Cashier
So this cashier has only been with us a month, month and a half tops. Now this person has been promoted to GSA and everyone is dumbfounded because a month ago she didn't even know how to work the register. My store is notorious for playing favorites by the way. So my question is, can someone even be promoted during their 90 days? No, this person is not known for getting a ton of redcards. In fact, she's kind of dumb. She didn't even know what the word retail meant

Definitely sounds fishy, either a family member or friend of someone with pull i would say . I couldn’t be imagine anyone being promoted before even getting out of 90 Days in any company at all

Reactions: Him
Happens all the time. Target is known for promoting young, attractive people and minorities (Gays and Women) over other qualified people. Nepotism plays a huge role as well.

GSA is a shitty job. Pay is 50 cents more and a ton of problems. Be glad it wasn't you.

It's a dollar more in my neck of the woods, but my sentiments exactly.

Happens all the time. Target is known for promoting young, attractive people and minorities (Gays and Women) over other qualified people. Nepotism plays a huge role as well.

This might actually explain A LOT of the shady shit I've seen lately.

GSA is a shitty job. Pay is 50 cents more and a ton of problems. Be glad it wasn't you.

Amen, It's hardly a promotion it's still a team member position.

And you can promote someone anytime you want. This person may not be a very good worker but this idea you have to be at the company a long time is dumb. We have a cashier who has been here 8 years who thinks that makes her a good GSA candidate.

RE-TAIL.

aid203472-v4-728px-Play-Pin-the-Tail-on-the-Donkey-Step-10.jpg

Be happy for others. I can smell your disgust for others fortune and opportunities.

That is shady but honestly what I expect from leadership. You get leadership straight out of school and the fraternity/sorority systems where it is all favorites and we expect something different? I don't want to be leadership in any form at spot. Sure for my TL I will make sure when he is not there that our workcenter is taken care of but to move to a TL - nope not worth the headache in any shape or form.

Not saying young ones can't make good leaders, or even older people are just better(they are not always) but a little work experience on someone is never a bad thing. And it weeds out the ones who can't do the job. Going into black Friday and insane season you are asking to much from a newbie and taking a big risk if they can't hack it..

One of our GSAs that are about to leave was promoted about a month or so into their job in Hardlines because our Sr.GSTL thought he would be a good fit.. she was wrong but it's almost over so we will see

Not saying young ones can't make good leaders, or even older people are just better(they are not always) but a little work experience on someone is never a bad thing. And it weeds out the ones who can't do the job. Going into black Friday and insane season you are asking to much from a newbie and taking a big risk if they can't hack it..

Yeah a little maturity and experience usually helps.

I heard about your STL. That sucks... I think she was going to get fired anyways. I heard the GVP had to walk your Steritech visit this week because the previous ones went so poorly.

Be happy for others. I can smell your disgust for others fortune and opportunities.

Lol, this actually made me snort. Nice try, but no. This situation has most of the front end team scratching their heads, so I guess we all leave quite a collective stench.

I got promoted to electronics in my 90 days, although honestly that's hard to define as a promotion. They just needed a ton of warm bodies for the Christmas season. FWIW I'm not gay, barely a minority, and never really get along with anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back