Archived Questions on orientation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hired to become a sales team member and have gotten my orientation date. I was told to bring an ID and a SSN card. My problem is I have no SSN card, and it will take up to two weeks for it to arrive in the mail. I know my SSN by heart though but I understand they need it as proof that I can work in the United States. I was wondering if it would be ok to bring my birth certificate instead of my SSN card or if they asked for my SSN for taxes?

They don't need it, but they are going to be grumpy because it's what they are used to.

If you have a passport, that will cover both categories. If you don't have a passport, you need your driver's license and original or certified copy of your birth certificate (which would be in place of the SSN card).

its for the I-9 form, which verifies your employment eligibility. Bring your certified birth certificate or expect to be sent home

Certified birth certificate. Not the one with the footprints

I have no idea where my SSN card is and I was able to get a job that requires a security clearance. You'll be fine with a photo ID and birth certificate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back