Archived Quick Minimum Wage Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

defang

Self Checkout's Worst Nightmare
OK, so starting Wednesday, the store in the state that I work in is having its minimum wage is raised. So two questions:

1) How will this apply pay-wise? Will my pay now just be minimum wage or do I still get the extra 25 cents on top of that?

2) Since I don't live in the state where my store is located, will my wage just remain the same?

I suspect your pay rate is already just a hair above minimum wage, probably right about where the raise is going to be so there won't be any difference.
That's been the case in most of the states where the boost has happened.

If that's not the case, then your pay will go up whatever the boost is and it doesn't matter where you live just where you work.

My state just raised the minimum wage by 75 cents, but I'm currently making a smidge more than the new base pay for my pay grade. I'm under the impression that I won't see any change in my pay; is that correct?

If you're making more than the minimum wage you won't be seeing any change.
Now if this company had any decency it would give everybody a raise in accordance but we are talking decency so there you have it.

I'm not/wasn't making more than this new minimum wage. Let's say (rhetorically) my current (as of December 31st) wage was $8.75, but my state now requires it to be at least $9 (as of January 1st).

Unfortunately, thats how Target and most larger corporations do things. I have earned over $5 worth of raises since starting and currently am making a little over $1 more than a new hire for my position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back