Archived Quiet Shopping Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago we use to offer a block of time dedicated to assisted shopping usually like the first Tuesday of December if I recall right. But I haven’t seen it happen in awhile.

I have severe ADHD and get distracted by holiday racket so this would be a godsend for me tbh

One of the things I miss about my old overnight job was the lack of crowds and constant fucking noise. Biggest mellow harsher is when I head to a loc to fill it and then "SIR WHERE ARE YOUR FINGERLINGS AT???!!!" and then I have to stop and find my bearings again. Just fucking stellar.

Years ago we use to offer a block of time dedicated to assisted shopping usually like the first Tuesday of December if I recall right. But I haven’t seen it happen in awhile.
Yes. We were closed to the general public until 10am. Senior citizens and people with special needs only. We did gift wrapping, had refreshments, etc. . . . Lots of fun.

I don’t know that this is a great idea. I had an electrician turn the lights down to 75% while he was troubleshooting and we had a few people go in to full panic mode at 9am.

That’s the day I learned to make an announcement if we’re going to be testing runs of lights during sales hours lol.

Let us continue this concept with Quiet Break Room! All TMs make sure their walkies and phones are OFF when they enter the break room.

(And Quiet Rest Room too! Am I the only one wincing in pain when a walkie turned to max echoes off the tile?)

I often take my lunch in the conference room so I can listen to music in peace (with ear buds) away from Wendy Williams / Lets Makes a Deal / Ellen / Wheel of Fortune etc.

Let us continue this concept with Quiet Break Room! All TMs make sure their walkies and phones are OFF when they enter the break room.

(And Quiet Rest Room too! Am I the only one wincing in pain when a walkie turned to max echoes off the tile?)

I often take my lunch in the conference room so I can listen to music in peace (with ear buds) away from Wendy Williams / Lets Makes a Deal / Ellen / Wheel of Fortune etc.

Maury and Jerry Springer at my store

Ugh, I hate when people's walkies are on in the break room. It's a break... if you don't answer your walkie on break, whoever is trying to get a hold of you will understand.

I ask them to at least turn it way down.

I understand the wish to cater to those who can easily be overwhelmed by stimuli...

...but at the end of the day, the necessity of running a large retail store will win out. Walkies will be used at high volume. Noises and bangs and thumps will be made while team members do their morning push or routines. Other guests will talk loudly, babies will cry and throw fits. You can't control that stuff.

So it's kind of a useless gesture, imho.

Maury and Jerry Springer at my store
The Real, The Chew are regulars. Jerry isn’t on as much of course I usually take my lunch before that. Maybe a Spanish channel here and there. Once a channel is on, no one seems to change it. We have all these variety of channels and yet the same two channels are usually played

Ugh, I hate when people's walkies are on in the break room. It's a break... if you don't answer your walkie on break, whoever is trying to get a hold of you will understand.

I had someone leave their walkie on the table and when they left for a little bit I turned it down. Doesn’t need to be on full blast. Our break room unfortunately doesn’t have much seperation of the clerical area so we always hear the walkies going off in there too. When I first started with Spot, walkies on in the break room were forbidden but now they are encouraged it seems

I'm glad the soap operas stopped when our older cashier finally retired. No one wants to watch general hospital woman

Our TV is only on if 1. There's a Vikings game or 2. The Wendy Williams show is on..

There's usually a food or home improvement show playing. Way better than when we were going through a streak of Maury. *puke*

I always turn off the satellite box when the break room is empty because otherwise somebody will switch the channel to one of those irritating daytime talk shows with empty headed women yapping about they clothes and they hair and they exes and they feelings. I lol'd the other day when one of the GS chicks walked in and said "OH GOOD THE BASIC BITCHES AIN'T ON!!!"

Wendy Williams is one weird looking "woman."

I thought it was a trans with a talk show when I first saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back