Raise

Target put out an announcement about how their starting pay rates will move to an incredibly local market approach.

If you are based near a major city, and have some new competition moving into town, raises may occur. If not, it may be hopeful talk amongst the team.

There is zero chance anybody is getting any sort of raise when a major issue all major retailers are having is too many employees. Just no way.
They WANT half the team to quit right now to stop hemorrhaging money lmao.
If your building is VLEing, you aint getting that raise.
TM

There is zero chance anybody is getting any sort of raise when a major issue all major retailers are having is too many employees. Just no way.
They WANT half the team to quit right now to stop hemorrhaging money lmao.
If your building is VLEing, you aint getting that raise.
TM
We're definitely not VLEing here. We're missing 20+ people a night in our department.

Target put out an announcement about how their starting pay rates will move to an incredibly local market approach.

If you are based near a major city, and have some new competition moving into town, raises may occur. If not, it may be hopeful talk amongst the team.

Last edited:
We're definitely not VLEing here. We're missing 20+ people a night in our department.
Well, thats good(?) For you guys then. For awhile now a lot of buildings have had mandatory down staffing looming over everyones heads. Scary for those that need the full paycheck to scrape by.

Well, thats good(?) For you guys then. For awhile now a lot of buildings have had mandatory down staffing looming over everyones heads. Scary for those that need the full paycheck to scrape by.
Yeah we've never had to deal with that thankfully. We've actually been on voluntary flex up in for the last few weeks. And we're hiring a whole bunch more.

Yeah we've never had to deal with that thankfully. We've actually been on voluntary flex up in for the last few weeks. And we're hiring a whole bunch more.
Same here, assuming we’re not at the same DC.
Nice. Enjoy it. Hopefully it stays voluntary and doesnt end up right back where we were on mandatory for months on end.

I wish that was situation here. OT hasn't been available for months, holding out hope that I can at least get 5/30 approved tomorrow for the $$$.

Seemed to be part of there strategy, hire too many workers so they don't have to pay OT. We went from 40 to 100 TM's in my department. Now each day we have to stop work because we keep going over plan. Warehouse is too full so we ship freight to other DC's only to have it shipped back. New team members stand around like they've worked here for years with no repercussions. Heard next week we are getting 12 transfers from other shifts, fantastic!!!!

Seemed to be part of there strategy, hire too many workers so they don't have to pay OT. We went from 40 to 100 TM's in my department. Now each day we have to stop work because we keep going over plan. Warehouse is too full so we ship freight to other DC's only to have it shipped back. New team members stand around like they've worked here for years with no repercussions. Heard next week we are getting 12 transfers from other shifts, fantastic!!!!

Last edited:
Seems like you could use a new Wave Tech at your DC. They’re hiring at for my at my DC. 😏 At my DC, everyone is jumping ship for B1. They threw up the deuces. ✌️
I'm on B1, most senior team in our DC and we are treated the worst it seems. Getting 12 transfers next week, for what reason I have no clue.

meh, at my dc i gotta think our pay rates are some of the highest in the local market for uneducated grunt work. and thats really the only competition that matters. i dont expect much this year, maybe the typically trifling 30 or 50 cent raise we used to get before bidenflation.

meh, at my dc i gotta think our pay rates are some of the highest in the local market for uneducated grunt work. and thats really the only competition that matters. i dont expect much this year, maybe the typically trifling 30 or 50 cent raise we used to get before bidenflation.
Someone should tell the other 194 countries experiencing massive inflation whos really causing it

Back