Raises??

So according to other sites some stores are receiving raises. Is this a thing or just someone having the craic on us?

and yes I know I’m not using the word right 🤪

Email on Friday saying minimum was going to $16.25

Edit: Just checked the email again and it said "Your store"

"Effective 9/11/2022 the pay grade minimum in your store is increasing to $16.25."

Is it per store or district? My store specifically has terrible applicant flow and high turnover, but we’re only slated for a 25 cent increase.

Someone here said if you just got paid on Friday, increase won’t show till the 18th.
I didn't see an increase on my check yet but others got it supposedly.

Does this show up in Workday under your wage and/or when you get your first check?

My store has been at $16.50 for over a year now. $18.50 for overnight. Chicago store. No word on increase for this year.

We got bumped from $15.50 to $17.25.

But another store just 12 minutes away from us, that is a smaller format store and is in an area with a lower cost of living, was at $17.50 and supposedly got increased to $19. I’m skeptical of that, but we should’ve gotten bumped to at least $17.50. Without getting too specific, we’re closer to NYC, larger volume store.

At our store I remember when I started last year it was $15 in August than increased to $16.75 around November as a regular TM. Later on we had our yearly review which was a personal raise based on performance. Since than I became a TL this August so starting was $21.75 but literally found out 2 days ago we got raised to $25.75. Other than a TL raise I haven’t heard anything regarding any other positions yet.

For location purposes our store is about 40 mins out from NYC.

I feel like this is going to backfire. Stores within the same district are seeing different increases, or even none at all. If you live near two stores, one offering $15.50 and the other $15, why even bother applying at the latter? Or if you're a TM at the store offering $15 and you're sent to the store offering $15.50 to help bail them out, how are you going to feel? That's already happening and has been for a long time, but it's going to push people towards leaving. People talk, everyone is going to know where they stand.

Not to mention the last two merit raises we saw for TMs were less than what they were prior to COVID. It was 2% less overall that TMs saw for merit raises, and suddenly many TMs who have been with Target for two or more years are seeing a 2% increase. Target is giving out raises most TMs already earned over the past two years, but not to everyone that earned them since many stores are exempt from the increases.

Don't get me wrong, it's great that Target is doing something. Lots of areas seeing a big minimum increase are going to benefit greatly from it and the TMs who have stuck it out with Target for the past two years or longer getting something for it is a nice change from how increases have usually worked. It just doesn't feel like enough. There are so many great TMs who fell through the cracks with this and will end up leaving Target. Hopefully to bigger and better things, for their sake.

Back