Random rant

With quarter four coming up the new management want everyone to be wave trained and crown trained including making a bale. I don’t think it’s safe for everyone to learn to make bales and I feel uncomfortable driving around the wave and crown. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this.

With quarter four coming up the new management want everyone to be wave trained and crown trained including making a bale. I don’t think it’s safe for everyone to learn to make bales and I feel uncomfortable driving around the wave and crown. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this.

That sounds like it'll go just...SO WELL...

Captain Bale here...making a bale is easy! Just be careful, use 5 wires, listen to the trainer (if they're competent) then drop that bad boy on a pallet and wheel it on out! Be careful when compressing the machine, be sure to pick out the expired eggs and outdated 1/2 gallons of chocolate milk.

I mean they’re training people, right?
LOL they can show us all day how to do it but it’s hard to learn like it’s not something I’m gonna be comfortable making alone in one day but I hope I can pick up how to do it because weekends it’s super gross and the trash never gets cleaned up and not to mention how gross it is when both bales are full with trash piling on the ground team members just leaving card board on the ground I would love to learn but it doesn’t seem to safe for me to make it alone....yet alone using a wave or crown to bring down a fridge yea right no thanks. And plus my team members are not 18 yet so they can’t even crush the card board.

@CoolLife24 you’ve stated in the chat that you’ve worked at Target 7 years. You’ve also said 3 years. Either way, how is it possible you don’t know how to make a bail after 3 or 7 years of employment?

That sounds like it'll go just...SO WELL...
IKR
@CoolLife24 you’ve stated in the chat that you’ve worked at Target 7 years. You’ve also said 3 years. Either way, how is it possible you don’t know how to make a bail after 3 or 7 years of employment?
idk no one has ever trained me I’m just a sales floor team member a dbo now hard lines back then was 10x better I’m just exaggerating how long iv been there yes I have been there long enough to learn to make a bale but I don’t feel comfortable making it! I want to learn to show others how to do it and be able to do it on the weekend. Team members get sick of making it but since idk how I can stay for the part other team members making the bale and just learn it all to where I’m comfortable making it..it’s not something you learn in a month or a day I have team members that still don’t do it correctly or safely. Showing and training is 2 different things maybe if instead of watching it multiple times actually train us

I started in 2012 before all the new remodels and modernization but it feels like forever. Btw I had a team lead that worked there longer than me and still didn’t feel safe making a bale!
So how long have you actually worked for Target?

I've worked there a few years myself. I'm a small woman and this store is in the south. Sexism has really helped me avoid this--I don't feel safe making a bale either no matter how much reassurance I get about how it's fine.
Exactly i mean iv seen girls do bales but not everyone is comfortable making it....I’m surprised the store director is fine with having all these kids do bales yet they keep talking about make the store safe. My back room isn’t even safe the bale is probably the worst. The wave seems like less scary for me since you just go up to get the item but for the crown to go to the highest spots to pull pallets and stuff ugh this is is just gonna take some time to used to.

LOL they can show us all day how to do it but it’s hard to learn like it’s not something I’m gonna be comfortable making alone in one day but I hope I can pick up how to do it because weekends it’s super gross and the trash never gets cleaned up and not to mention how gross it is when both bales are full with trash piling on the ground team members just leaving card board on the ground I would love to learn but it doesn’t seem to safe for me to make it alone....yet alone using a wave or crown to bring down a fridge yea right no thanks. And plus my team members are not 18 yet so they can’t even crush the card board.
Umm, ok, l o l.
Its hard to learn or a hard thing to do?
why the F would you talk about your minor TMs? How the F is that relevant at all, like who the F asked anything about minors? We all know minors can not be trained on powered equipment. Wtf

Exactly i mean iv seen girls do bales but not everyone is comfortable making it....I’m surprised the store director is fine with having all these kids do bales yet they keep talking about make the store safe. My back room isn’t even safe the bale is probably the worst. The wave seems like less scary for me since you just go up to get the item but for the crown to go to the highest spots to pull pallets and stuff ugh this is is just gonna take some time to used to.
I've worked there a few years myself. I'm a small woman and this store is in the south. Sexism has really helped me avoid this--I don't feel safe making a bale either no matter how much reassurance I get about how it's fine.
Wow, 🤬🤬🤬

edit:- if you guys don’t want to be treated equally, there’s always the blow job option, don’t wanna make bales cause of your vaginas? Better start sucking some dick.

Last edited:
If you aren't comfortable making a bale, I hope you don't drive. There's nothing difficult or particularly dangerous about it.

These things are part of retail work. It's the equivalent of saying you don't like technology so can't use a zebra. Either figure it out or find alternate employment.

That said, I suck at the crown and am terrified of the wave. I still try because I won't get any better without practice.

I have seen tiny women offload trailers without a squeal. The problem lies in people not being proficient in doing the task. If backroom and salesfloor training that I have seen in the past for ones that are supposed to be specialized in it is any indication of what is going to be taught to everyone going forward, I can just imagine the consequences. They will truncate the training even further "to save time". Once again you will have a bunch of people who are jacks of all trades and a master of none. Half ass bales can hurt people

If you have a disability make sure you file that with HR so they can limit your requirements appropriately. Otherwise, buck up buttercup. Doing a bale IS something MOST people learn in 1 day (one training session).

Do you drive a car? Operate any kind of power equipment in your home? I'll say right out that I've not yet been trained on any of these 3 pieces of equipment - although a former TL had me sign a paper saying I actually do know how to make a bale - but I'm not afraid of learning how either. I'm fortunate to have decent relationships with many TMs who will help me learn how to do better and grow some confidence. And probably more fortunate than some to have store leadership that takes safety seriously.

With the way people are treated around here I don't volunteer to learn shit. If they want me to learn they'll tell me I am. Then and only then will I actually do it.

There are people I could ask but there's so much work to go around no one has time to teach this stuff anyway.

Captain Bale here...making a bale is easy! Just be careful, use 5 wires, listen to the trainer (if they're competent) then drop that bad boy on a pallet and wheel it on out! Be careful when compressing the machine, be sure to pick out the expired eggs and outdated 1/2 gallons of chocolate milk.
Watch out for styrofoam too. That stuff clings to you.

Back