Archived Rant

• Thread starter Codeteam15
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still in awe of what has occurred in this thread. It seems too good to be true. Like one of those fantasies you have to get yourself through the day, like "What if the STL and ETL-HR got canned, and they asked me to be the new STL? What changes would I make?"

It went from a post ranting about poor working conditions, to the sudden canning and 2 tier promotion.

Yea I'm still in shock and I wasn't his 1st choice. Etl ap was his 1st choice but he declined for personal reasons and said that he'd support me moving into the role

I can't wait to hear how it goes when your ETL-GE realizes that not only did you get the position instead, but that they are also getting fired.

I hope you can really turn things around at your store, be sure to keep us updated as things progress!

Neither one is happy with me. Idgaf tho. They have themselves to blame. 1st rule I installed was channels 5 and 6 are for ap related issues only and anything else happening on that channel will lead to a coaching then CCA

Neither one is happy with me. Idgaf tho. They have themselves to blame. 1st rule I installed was channels 5 and 6 are for ap related issues only and anything else happening on that channel will lead to a coaching then CCA

What, were ETLs using AP walkies? At my store, the only people who are allowed to use AP walkies are those who work in AP as well as the ETL-AP.

At one point we only had the etl ap and no one else. So srtl and above got ap walkies. Now we have an etl ap APS and two tps so there is no need for everyone and their brother to have them. So I told my etl ap the choice is his. He said he will allow anyone with lod duties to still have them

This is by far the best topic I've read on the entire forum....plot twists, cliffhangers, the good guy going through the the struggle while his no good bosses take the credit for not doing shit, and then at the end you coming out on top!!!! I just had the best movie and didn't spend $30!!!

Ham goes up escalator is still my favorite topic.

Ham goes up an escalator

Codeteam15 indicated past military experience.
Seems the DTL's rise was rather meteoric but sometimes people are in the right place at the right time to clean up after a sh!t/fan collision.
I have a nephew who experienced such in his related field so it's not entirely unheard of.

Don't know how your DTL is on other fronts, but just by this they would get my vote for DTL of the Year.

If I ever become a DTL, I would do random LOD shifts, (if thats even possible) one because it would definitely be entertaining, and two, because I think it would give you a much better view on your stores as a whole. Not to mention I know all of the ETLs/STL would be close to a stroke if our DTL was in our store for longer than an hour and a half.

If I ever become a DTL, I would do random LOD shifts, (if thats even possible) one because it would definitely be entertaining, and two, because I think it would give you a much better view on your stores as a whole. Not to mention I know all of the ETLs/STL would be close to a stroke if our DTL was in our store for longer than an hour and a half.
Or at least do some unannounced visits. My DTL loves to surprise people.

Prolly waiting for the sh*t to settle.
It's gonna be a hard act to follow; every thing should be just details at this point.

Remember that Gregg started as a CA, eventually working his way up to CEO - before ruining the company.
Correction, from wiki on Gregg s:
In 1979, he was recruited as a merchandising trainee by Target, where he moved up the organization ranks. Over time, he became the Executive Vice President of Merchandising in July 1994 and became Chief Executive Officer on May 1, 2008.[5] On May 2 2014, Target executives issued a "him or us" ultimatum[6] that forced Steinhafel to resign from his position as CEO on May 5, 2014[7] as a result of the data breach that affected 70 million to 110 million consumers.[8] His tenure as CEO of Target also included a disastrous expansion of Target into Canada in which the company lost $2 billion in 2 years.
Samir shah was a ca & now a sr vp of stores.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back