• Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Codeteam15

Sorry I need to blow off steam.

For the last two months I've been the only gstl with only one gsa to help. We hired a new gstl who lasted a day after getting caught stealing money out of the change drawer on her 1st day. Every time someone in store applies for gstl our idiot etl GE doesn't even grant them an interview (she is dead set on getting someone from outside). We have two cart attendants one is as dumb as a bag of rocks and the other I want to be one of my GSAs because he basically knows how to do everything. And to make it worse I'm a SR gstl and even tho there are 7 other people who can be lod I still get my 3 lod shifts a week on top of being gstl. I've worked from 7-8 in the cash office. 8-12 gstl 12:31-5 gstl. And 5:31 till 10:30ish as gstl/lod. And closing with one cashier on my lod nights where they also expect me to be gstl at the same damn time has gotten old. I am thankful when that one cart attendant works because I can have him watch the lanes and since he can unlock the flex room saves me from having to run up front for every guest too lazy to do their own shopping.

We have igs and unfortunately everyone who is strong on GS is also off when I'm lod or has quit. When I'm able I try to work with a couple cashiers in order to strengthen them on GS desk.

Yea lately we have been closing with 1 person in market, 1 in hardlines, 1 in softlines, 1 electronics no one in the backroom after 5:30 one cashier after 8 even though some nights I'm the closing gstl I don't have time to be up there because I need to get all the paperwork involved with being a tl done. Oh we'll an A+ store

Well the problem is the etl hr doesn't believe in scheduling anybody.

That's pretty brutal & I came from an A store.
And I just got worse news our pregnant etl GE/sf is in labor. Etl log is sick. We have no flow TL(he stepped down last week and transferred stores) and etl ap on vacation (I have no beef with him. His vacation has been planned for weeks). So that leaves me etl hr and our stl as key carriers until further notice. And tomorrow we have 2 trucks and a visit. The stls solution is to have me run the 4am unloads and then assume all other opening lod roles at 7:30 till either him or etl hr shows up. So much for any rest tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
And I just got worse news our pregnant etl GE/sf is in labor. Etl log is sick. We have no flow TL(he stepped down last week and transferred stores) and etl ap on vacation (I have no beef with him. His vacation has been planned for weeks). So that leaves me etl hr and our stl as key carriers until further notice. And tomorrow we have 2 tricks and a visit. The stls solution is to have me run the 4am unloads and then assume all other opening lod roles at 7:30 till either him or etl hr shows up. So much for any rest tonight
So are you going to turn the tricks before or after the visit?
Sorry, I just had to :p

That's insane! The BRTL or PPTL can't run the truck?

I guess someone would still need to open the building if they aren't key carriers, but one of the salaried workers needs to be the one to suck it up and do that.

The pptl is running the truck but she is not a key holder so I still had to come in. And the brtl has only been with spot for 2 days so never has run truck and we all know how training sucks. The brtl is working a mid today so she may inherit some back stock. Tonight is supposed to be my normal gstl scheduled close. And my dumbass etl hr and stl haven't decided who is closing Lod or when they will even show up(they avoid any type of visit). So tonight they won't have a gstl thankfully my GSA opens. So I don't have to worry about the front end today. I had to get the stl to get permission so I could disarm the cash office at 3am so I could get the co duties completed. I've been in this store since 2:45 as well as the pptl and the rest of her team. I have an extremely bad feeling that the etl hr and stl won't show up until late this afternoon. I don't mind working hard I've done the 4am to close shift multiple times before. What pisses me off is the the only etls(ap and log) that are worth a damn can't be here. Fuck I'd even prefer my etl GE (fresh out of college dumbass) then to be the only key carrier until whenever the stl or etl hr so up. And they better not give me any shit I'm tired I don't want to be here and I just wanna get drunk and forget today

Probably let your STL know you're getting burned out, especially considering you're the only LOD that is expected to be both GSTL and LOD....and what's worse your department is understaffed. Considering that turnover is a AE2016 metric, he/she should start taking this into account

But that really depends on how approachable and proactive your STL really is.

The stl a fresh out of college and never worked big box retail before. But he doesn't like hearing criticism of any kind. Lucky for me the DTL, Hrbp, and a couple of their support staff. Really fun part was telling the DTL "I know you all are here for a visit, but I need to go to lunch since I have 15mins before hitting compliance". I get off lunch(he willing took over as lod) and we are walking the floor and he asks " where is your stl and etl hr?". I looked at him with a straight face and said "I don't know, but if you find them can you find out who is closing lod". He had a puzzled look on his face so I explained the situation over the last couple of months. He looked at me and said until further notice all overtime for you and your gsa is approved.(no shit, but it's nice when the DTL approves the ot) he also pulled the CA I've been trying to move up as a gsa into the office and interviewed him for gsa and then granted him the position(yay finally have 2 GSAs just two more and I can actually get other stuff done). He then gives me his personal cell number and tells me if the stl or etl hr don't show up by 1 to call him and he will come close so I can go home.

The stl a fresh out of college and never worked big box retail before. But he doesn't like hearing criticism of any kind. Lucky for me the DTL, Hrbp, and a couple of their support staff. Really fun part was telling the DTL "I know you all are here for a visit, but I need to go to lunch since I have 15mins before hitting compliance". I get off lunch(he willing took over as lod) and we are walking the floor and he asks " where is your stl and etl hr?". I looked at him with a straight face and said "I don't know, but if you find them can you find out who is closing lod". He had a puzzled look on his face so I explained the situation over the last couple of months. He looked at me and said until further notice all overtime for you and your gsa is approved.(no shit, but it's nice when the DTL approves the ot) he also pulled the CA I've been trying to move up as a gsa into the office and interviewed him for gsa and then granted him the position(yay finally have 2 GSAs just two more and I can actually get other stuff done). He then gives me his personal cell number and tells me if the stl or etl hr don't show up by 1 to call him and he will come close so I can go home.
Don't know how your DTL is on other fronts, but just by this they would get my vote for DTL of the Year.

The DTL is the reason I'm a SR gstl. When I worked for target before I went into the military I was a Cart attendant as well as him and him and I were kick ass CAs we managed to keep the entire lot clean as well as carry outs in the middle of 4th quarter. And when I got out I reapplied at Target hoping for the gstl position but store leadership made me a CA his visit was my 2nd day we bumped into each other and he asked me why I was pushing carts I told him and later that day I was reinterviewed for gstl and got SR gstl.

Your DTL sounds like an awesome dude.

I sure as hell wouldn't be & he's at least in a position to do something about it.
Having history with you & knowing what you're capable of makes it all the more damning to your leadership.
Seems like they could tap a sister store to give you a hand; I know our store provided support for a sister store several years ago.
In the meantime, put your shin guards on - heads are gonna roll.

Yea the DTL is a no bullshit kind of guy. The closest target to us is the one he was stl at. Reality we wouldn't need help from our sister store if the leadership at this one would lead. In 12 minutes we find out if the stl or etl hr show up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back