• Start date
  • Replies 83
  • Views 13K
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bab5crusade

Tfm5mPf.jpg

Since the the cuts to healthcare, cuts of TL positions which killed advancement opportunities, and Mytime scheduling. I've seen eight good employees and myself leaving the company have being there for four or more years with in four months.

Has any other stores seeing the same trend?

No one has left....yet. All the good team members and tls that have been there 4+ years have been broken though.

Everyone is miserable and has stopped caring .

Nothing is ever good enough no matter how hard you try.

Yes and no. Retail has a high turnover rate, but all these cuts are definitely contributing to that

Its going on in my store and other stores in my district..TLs, GSTLs,ETLs and STLs along with BP HR and others..Mariano's
new upscale food market in Chicago area.

As a Perishable's Assistant, I am the only one left, that was here in market 1 month ago.. I was promoted to PA about 6 months ago, and had both the PA and CTL who trained me quit within a day of each other. lol.. Now I am all alone.. with my $13 million dollar a year section :(

I don't get why it seems market's hours are the first to get cut, if there is ANY section of the store that drives guest loyalty the most it is market. When you go grocery shopping I am willing to think 90 % of people go to the same place every week (maybe more). Why? because they trust them. The first goal for every business is to get people's feet IN THE DOOR. THEN it should be to sell them something. Market can do this. I see the same people shop here weekly, often.. And if you can trust the hand that feeds you, you can certainly trust them with a TV/Video Game/whatever.

You have to lead a horse to water, before you CAN make him drink.

Last edited:
We haven't lost any TL's yet, even though we have 4 too many. What will Target do if they're still here come September?

We haven't lost any TL's yet, even though we have 4 too many. What will Target do if they're still here come September?

Ever hear "We're under no pressure to get rid of anyone, but we will address any performance issues we find"..... Target speak for whoever has the worst attendance will be pushed out the door first.... then we will nitpick until we lose the other 3 we need to lose......

My old store has lost 8 or 9 TMs and TLs in the last two months, including myself. No firings, just everyone getting new jobs. And ironically enough, I'm actually thinking of going back! But in the past three years, it's the biggest outflux of people we've had since I've been there. Prior to all of this stuff, we maybe lost 1-2 a year.

Last edited:
We're actually short one, so they've moved one TL over to that position. I think they're going to use that position as a way to performance each TL out. They will save the one they actually think can do it for last or get someone from another store. We may also have 2 other TLs that are planning to transfer or quit, so that leaves 1 TL too many. This is assuming my store will not be forced to take on tenured TLs from other stores. It's also assuming that the other TLs in the store will be able to do the positions that are becoming vacant, which I don't think they will be.

Well, as I said, in the Happy Trails forum, in about 2 weeks I'll be really gone from Target. It's going to be the looooonnnnnggggeeeesssstttt 2 weeks of my life. The stress has become too much and this new job is 5 minutes from my house.

our flow team was down nearly 15 people before they started hiring new people recently... people were leaving left and right.... it was ridiculous...

We've had several tms leave, most had been here since the store opened. All found jobs for more $$ and real benefits. One TL was fired, after they turned down returning to their previous TL position. One ETL was allowed to quit, they were dating a TM. My ETL is looking and told me to always keep your options open.

The TL and ETLs from old store have lost a ton of people. They are begging for more. However who is going to take low paying job, that offers no benefits, few hours and expects you be available whenever they need you.

In the past month or so we've lost:

1 Cart Attendant
1 Hardlines Team Lead
1 GSA
1 Cashier
1 Food Avenue tm
2 Service Desk tm (one of which was screwed out of a gsa spot)
And there's another cashier/service desk tm who might be leaving soon as well

All of these people were very good team members and have been there for quite some time

we've lost a ton of people.....but that's because our store stinks and not because of corporate

At our store we have lost two in stocks tm 1TL,1GSA, 1 signing TM,1 market, 2SL , too many cashiers and flow to keep up with, and one electronic TM, in less then two months. For us that's not normal. And a lot are looking to leave.

I'm leaving at the end of the summer...cannot wait. I'd leave sooner but I'm going out of country in the fall and I need to earn money in the four months between now and then. I respect my co-workers enough that I will continue to do the A+ job that I always do, but if management thinks I'm going to bust my butt and go beyond and above the call like I always have, they are sorely mistaken. I'm here to clock in, work, clock out, and that is all.
They don't realize how good they had it with the people they had in my department, and they will be getting a whole new team before fourth quarter. They already know one person is leaving, but I'm not telling anyone that I'm leaving until my two weeks...better to be safe than sorry. Sucks to be them!

One ETL went on a LOA which no one will disclose (usually that stuff gets out really easily) and I don't think she'll come back. A number of seasonal people who stayed on left but that was because they jump from job to job. Other than that, just people saying "THIS PLACE SUCKS, WE'RE LEAVING" week after week. And these are the same people that have said this for months/years.

our whole phresh team pretty much quit so my store keeps putting flow at weird hours like 7:30am to push. they keep calling out though because they're used to coming in 4am and can't get here at 7:30am for various reasons

I'm leaving at the end of the summer...cannot wait. I'd leave sooner but I'm going out of country in the fall and I need to earn money in the four months between now and then. I respect my co-workers enough that I will continue to do the A+ job that I always do, but if management thinks I'm going to bust my butt and go beyond and above the call like I always have, they are sorely mistaken. I'm here to clock in, work, clock out, and that is all.
They don't realize how good they had it with the people they had in my department, and they will be getting a whole new team before fourth quarter. They already know one person is leaving, but I'm not telling anyone that I'm leaving until my two weeks...better to be safe than sorry. Sucks to be them!
Doesn't sound like an A+ job then lol.

My former store lost close to 20 people in a matter of months, including me.... It was partly all the corporate BS but a lot of it was the new STL and ETL-HR that started this year. They only fired one person and everyone else couldn't handle the stress.

this started about a year ago at my (former) store, they have since lost every reliable TM except 2, one of which recently got talked to about his attendance (he called in 3 days in a row because he was so sick he could barely get out of bed). every TM they lost had been there 5+ years we went from being one of the best stores in the company as far as making truck goals, etc, to definitely one of the worst in our district, not sure beyond that. I've been told now our ETLs will start yelling at everybody if the truck takes longer than 1.5 hours even if its 3000 pieces

I was so frustrated yesterday that I almost walked. But I couldn't do that to the other girl that was working with me. Otherwise, I would've been out that door!:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back