Archived Reciever: What works best / Best Practices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I'm new at Target and The Break Room but I'm so happy you have this wonderful platform. I've been in Logistics for more than a decade but from what I've been reading here it's like I'm back to school.
I'll be working as a reciever, my training starts tomorrow and I really want to make the best of my training time, hopefully with your support. One thing I find disturbing is the that fact that things are done slightly differently from store to store and that leads to my first question - are there no best practises, whether based on size, volume, type of items, or kind of store, I mean like a standard operating procedure.
I've found tonnes of information here and I've been stuck here since I found this lovely place. I really need your help guys. I'm used to being exceptional and I know it's game on. Thanks

There's some documented practices on Workbench for things like checking in deliveries of temperature-sensitive product or how many pallet spaces beer and soda are supposed to get, based on store volume. Not a whole lot though and some of its hard to find, in my experience.

As receiver, get ready to answer your own questions, answer everyone else's questions, and problem solve on your own! Most ETLS have little to zero experience in reverse logistics and even less interest. You will learn very quickly to utilize workbench, call other receiver friends at nearby stores, use my support and just try stuff until something works.

Don't get me wrong, receiver is absolutely the best gig in the store, once you get into a routine you will love it, but don't expect help at store level.

Thanks so much guys. I've read almost all the threads on reverse logistics here and I have a wealth of experience in Logistics. One of the things I love most about logistics is that it's processes entails continuous improvements and you have to be innovative with problem solving. It just makes my job very interesting and I can't wait to start. Thanks again guys, I'll give you a feedback. Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back