Archived Red-Card Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not like there's a completely new batch of shoppers each shift;

Unless you're in a border store. We get tons of prompts for Canadian guests who won't open a Red Card because they can't use it in their own stores. Or they're only shopping at Target just this once.

If they really want Red Cards, corporate is going to have to do something special. Right now, there's no extra incentive to sign up. If people got a free $10 gift card, or if they got 15-20% off of their purchase the day they signed up, then we might have some more takers. 5% off is practical for frequent shoppers, but not glamorous or sensational.

I am a Gstl at a very high volume store with a distict goal of 3% we need to average about 22 redcards a day. Its crazy it really is we have to term cashiers and other quit on redcards alone.

It got bad as of Sunday... i got told, "Red Cards, we need to push push push them."

Somehow I got 2 in a row - I was mortified for my guests that had to listen to the walkie report. UGH.

I'm 99% sure i'll end up getting canned over it. I'll ask when prompted, I might chat the debit card up to someone writing a check... but we still have 1/2 our guests refusing to use anything but cash at target. Today one said thanks to US, she only uses cash EVERYWHERE now. She is DONE.

We need a "declined because they have it and won't use it" button.... the declines do not give a real picture at the moment. Not at all.

I'm over it. My hours are going to drop to nil i expect soon anyway. i'm expensive up there....

If I got terminated because of not getting enough redcards I would sue them! Yeah, it may be in our core roles. But all you are supposed to do is OFFER it to the guest. You can't MAKE them sign up for a redcard!!! That's freakin ridiculous!!
Do ETLs or STLs get fired over that one particular thing? I think not.
Ugh. This pisses me off.

Do your stores every offer you prizes for getting red cards? Sometimes the prizes are pretty good at my store, like a free movie or $10-$25 shopping "spree". Lol

Usally we do
1. Dollar spot item
2. Free starbucks
3. Lunch on us
4. 5 dollar credit
5. New release movie

We usually do requisitions. Depends on the day and the GSTL on but usually whoever gets the first one gets a requisition from Starbucks. Sometimes they'll do $5 requisitions for every two you get.

Yeah so usually we put them all in ballons for popping or hot potado or of course the pie a etl or gstl

Yeah we would give a cashier a ticket for every redcard they get. They will write their name and place a vote for any GSA GSTL or the GE at the end of the month whoever has the most gets pied we pull tickets and whoever we pull gets to do the pieing. We had to of got 150 redcards that month

Honestlt we we did it the Ge always wins then the Gstl is a close second i had a gsa with 4 votes to everyone elses 70...lol

Yeah, see, as a GSA, I don't make enough for that sort of crap.
I totally agree with you. My STL keeps trying to get people to dance and hula hoop and all this other foolishness for REDcards. Uh....nope, don't think so. I don't mind having fun but you're not gonna make a clown out of me. Not for what I get paid.

ive been a cashier for a few weeks now and i called over to tell me that i had to ask every guest even the one thats just buying gum if there saving 5% today if they say no i have to say would you like to if they say no i have to keep pestering them until they've paid and left or until they said yes. i think this is seriously stupid during orientation i was told we should have fast fun and "friendly" service you cant go from trying to force them into getting a redcard to how is your day. this is just insane.

Chain them to the registers and duct tape them and say now do you want a red card? How about now?? They nod and said yes........ I guess that is the only thing that'll work. No Target can't do that guests would be mad plus it's illegal lol

Today our LOD was telling us to start pushing credit cards now. He also told us to try and have the guest get both s debit card & a credit card. PLEASE....I've just about had enough of this "push the RC and be sure to ask every guest every time."
I'm just waiting for that guest who's heard the "would you like to save 5% today and every day...." phrase too many times and comes over the counter and goes crazy!

Oh, I did learn that, at least at my store, the prompts have gone down significantly. Hopefully that's true with all stores.

Keep on redcarding.....we've got to make that conversion rate.....soon. arrgh! ENOUGH!! As they say on "Shark Tank"...."stop the madness!!"
An LOD asked me today if I'm asking every guest....I said that I was....and I really wanted to say "do you want me to quit now...or give a two week notice?"

I'm really hoping that our new leader at Spot will be able to take a look at how the Redcard works and how we can improve getting more cards without pissing off every guest.
Pray that the Pepsi man can fix some of our most annoying issues!

I've just about reached my limit of being told that I have to get two or three RedCards a shift. At my store, with many of my guests, they already have the RedCard if they wanted it.

I'm lucky if I can get three a week....let alone three a shift! Looks like I'll probably be "performanced out" for not getting enough RedCards. Yes, they said today that if we are not getting RedCards we'll get coached.

OK...this rant is done.....for now!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back