Archived red card prompt pay with check limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
sometimes i get a sign up for the redcard on my register and a couple try to pay for multi hundred dollar haul and the cashier machine declined it why

For the REDcard debit card, there is a $200 limit on the temporary card. The limit will increase when they get their card and establish a payment history.

is there a limit with paying for a check because today a couple tried to pay for a couple hundreds worth a stuff and the check was declined any reasons for the denial by the machine

Yep. There is a limit. I'm not really sure what it is, but I suspect that it's a couple hundred dollars, depending on what the check verification company comes back with. With most people using debit cards these days, my guess is Spot figures that more often than not those high amount checks aren't worth taking.

Don't think I've ever seen checks be declined at my store, other than the majorly obvious scammers trying to buy AMX cards with obviously bad checks.

Then again, I can't recall anyone ever paying for a large purchase with a check, the only time I get checks for large amounts are when guests are paying their credit card bills at the service desk.

is there a limit with paying for a check because today a couple tried to pay for a couple hundreds worth a stuff and the check was declined any reasons for the denial by the machine
yes usually the limit is $100 per check if they dont have a history with target. most denials stem from guests bouncing checks in the past, or the total is to high. if they have them right myltiple checks for $100 each . that is usually easier than calling authorization services.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back