I'm Lost! Red Cards after C-19

Is your stores leadership driving advocates to get red cards anymore? It use to be a HUGE thing at my store... the expectations were very high but now no one even says anything if you aren’t advocating. I’m not going to lie - it’s been a nice change.

It's a poor business plan to expect red cards during a financial crisis
I agree 100% BUT I do have a leader in my building that I overheard saying this was the perfect time and we should be promoting them more because people are in dire need of credit line to buy their essentials they can’t now or soon won’t be able to afford :(
Just wondered what other stores were doing since my front end basically doesn’t even bring the Red Card up unless someone specifically asks about it.

My store hasn’t cared about RedCards since our old old ETL GE left. Our one we had for the past 2ish years just didn’t really care about them. It’s nice. We’re still expected to ask but it’s really not a big deal.

but I believe official directive from Corp is we should NOT be asking now. It’s just poor taste

My store hasn’t cared about RedCards since our old old ETL GE left. Our one we had for the past 2ish years just didn’t really care about them. It’s nice. We’re still expected to ask but it’s really not a big deal.

but I believe official directive from Corp is we should NOT be asking now. It’s just poor taste
When I first started it was talked about at the beginning middle end and all throughout our shifts. It’s Always come pretty easy for me to get them but my fellow team members I always felt bad for cause it would really stress them out. It’s a nice break right now for everyone. Just wish it wasn’t under these circumstances tho.

My store is in full-on survival mode trying to deal with spring transition and double trucks every day and people on LOA and all the new restrictions on lanes & guests & added cleaning and ridiculous SFS/OPU volume, and, and, and to be at all concerned about RedCards or Circle.

Just get through the day with everyone safe & healthy, as much product on the floor as we can manage and the place not a disaster area. One day at a time.

I love doing it over the walkie it’s so embarrassing for everyone involved

man ive got a whole thing for it and people fuckin mime along with me when i do it, it's a big fun thing for everyone involved

i just feel like its inappropriate to do it currently >__<

I remember the very last time I got a Red Card, I was like "Hey! I got a Red Card, can I get my shout-out! Tee-hee", and was promptly told "Oh, we're not doing that any more" 😔
Yeah my store hasn’t done it in a while. When they do it’s usually like over the top joke let’s embarrass them lol

Yeah my store hasn’t done it in a while. When they do it’s usually like over the top joke let’s embarrass them lol
TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!!
Just wanted to give a big SERVICE AND ENGAGEMENT SHOUT OUT to [team member] for helping a valued guest sign up for a target RedCard!!! Great job helping our guests save five percent today and every time they shop as well as get free shipping on target.com (*quieter* for orders of $25 or more...)!!!! Keep up the great work, YOURE A ROCKSTAR!!!!!!

We haven’t been promoting them. But have been hitting goal or close to it each week with online sign ups. Maybe 2-5 from team members but nobody has really been asking.

TEAM TEAM TEAM!!!!
Just wanted to give a big SERVICE AND ENGAGEMENT SHOUT OUT to [team member] for helping a valued guest sign up for a target RedCard!!! Great job helping our guests save five percent today and every time they shop as well as get free shipping on target.com (*quieter* for orders of $25 or more...)!!!! Keep up the great work, YOURE A ROCKSTAR!!!!!!
no, it's free shipping on any order!! some small items will not ship without a $25 order (regardless of RC status or not) but RC members never pay shipping

no, it's free shipping on any order!! some small items will not ship without a $25 order (regardless of RC status or not) but RC members never pay shipping
Why does it always try to make me pay shipping when I have a redcard OMG

We don't have the debit cards at my current job, but I know for a fact they will have us pushing credit cards like crazy IF we reopen. We are the only store in the state so I'm not counting on it. I have interviewed with a couple other companies just in case.

Last edited:
RedCard benefits and program rules
Almost true, but as usual the devil is in the details with some fine-print "gotchas" on free shipping:
RedCard™ free shipping at Target.com program rules
When you use your Target Debit Card, Target Credit Card or Target™ Mastercard® (each, a “RedCard™”) on Target.com, you will receive free shipping on your Target.com purchases. Offer applies on standard shipping to all 50 states and the District of Columbia as well as APO/FPO addresses and Puerto Rico. If you upgrade your shipping method, shipping fees will apply. Target may offer promotions for free shipping on upgraded shipping methods, and the terms of those promotions will be described in the offer. Select items may require a minimum purchase threshold before the order will be shipped. Orders delivered by Shipt may have a delivery fee. This offer is not valid on previous orders or where otherwise prohibited by law. Target reserves the right to discontinue or alter the terms of this program at any time.

RedCard benefits and program rules
Almost true, but as usual the devil is in the details with some fine-print "gotchas" on free shipping:
Well, it’s true on any order other than Shipt (or where prohibited by law, but I think that’s boilerplate bc idk any law that requires a shipping charge). The minimum threshold to purchase certain items does exist, but that doesn’t affect whether shipping is free or not, which it always is for T.com orders when RC is used.

Well, it’s true on any order other than Shipt (or where prohibited by law, but I think that’s boilerplate bc idk any law that requires a shipping charge). The minimum threshold to purchase certain items does exist, but that doesn’t affect whether shipping is free or not, which it always is for T.com orders when RC is used.
I once ordered an 8x10 area rug on target.com with my redcard and I still had to pay shipping. But I was super happy to not have to figure a way to get said rug home in my almost a midsize car so it was money well spent 😂

Back