Archived Red Hats?

Are you allowed to wear hats while working?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Target is Nonsense
My store has been pushing new dress code rules. Suddenly we're not allowed to wear red baseball caps or any red head coverings besides a hijab if you're Muslim. The handbook says nothing and we used to have a poster that said red hats were fine. Should hats be okay, is our manager just controlling? He's new.

It's really been making some of the guys upset. People I've never seen without a hat in and out of work, now can't. It seems safer to me to wear one. It's all logistics and back room who wear them.

I work in a Super Target. Only people in Starbucks, Deli, Produce, Bakery, Meat, and Food Ave/Cafe are required to wear hats (Approved Hats). I've never been into a Target where other TM could wear hats, other than the Cart Attendant.

I believe its a no unless it is the cart attendant and food jobs - sbux, cafe, my store also allows the market people to wear a toque cause they are going in and out of the coolers and freezers.

How is it safer to wear a hat in backroom...? It literally blocks your vision.. I mean unless it's a hard hat...

But this is normal procedure through almost all stores. Only food related work centers and cart attendants can wear hats.

I have seen other team members do it but usually a select few if a team member has a condition where their hair has thinned out or some other approved reasons. It has to be a Target hat though. PMTs are suppose to have a hat for some work but I don't see many of them wear it all the time.

I work in a Super Target. Only people in Starbucks, Deli, Produce, Bakery, Meat, and Food Ave/Cafe are required to wear hats (Approved Hats). I've never been into a Target where other TM could wear hats, other than the Cart Attendant.

Same

How is it safer to wear a hat in backroom...? It literally blocks your vision.. I mean unless it's a hard hat...

But this is normal procedure through almost all stores. Only food related work centers and cart attendants can wear hats.
Because if a box falls it'll roll of the lip of of your cap

Our backroom team wear hats, some for the reason above, especially on the truck unload.

Some wear them because the bright lights in store hurts their eyes

2 of my backroom team members wear red nike caps with Target logos, and my other TPS wears a dark blue hat with a Target logo on it.

My store always says we can't but never does anything about it when people do. There are a few that wear hats on the salesfloor regularly.

At least 6 people on my stores flow wear hats. They are not Target hats either. But I get asked not to wear my target hat like I did last year. Go figure.

We're supposed to wear our hats in 'bux...

Though, it generally only happens when we hear rumors of Steritech coming by. :rolleyes:

Don't believe I've ever seen anyone at my store other than cart attendants wearing hats.

I wear a gray hat with the Target logo and I work Flow/Backroom. Nobody really told anything to me, not yet anyway.

I got semi long hair so I always wear it backwards when we're unloading the truck (I work back of the line dealing with transitions and market so I move a lot). Front once the store is open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back