Archived RedCard Holder ONLY Exclusive Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to remind your Guests about the RedCard Holders ONLY Exclusive sales which are now featured in our weekly circular and/OR on the Target App.

You should be able to sign up new RedCard holders and even ADD a card to existing holders* quite easily with these offers unless they are fundamentally impossible to induce given any amount of money.

The RedCard is NOT just a 5% card. There are many, MANY exclusive benefits to it and RedCard ONLY sales are one and far more reaching and savings indulgent than the 5%.

Until November 3rd, don't forget about the $25 coupon just for signing up that they'll receive with their card.

*IF they have the Debit Card present the benefits of the Credit Card to encourage an additional sign up (i.e.: OPTION to pay at the register OR at bill due date, their choice). If Credit Card present benefit of adding Debit (i.e.: get that $25 coupon).

you really shouldn’t be selling REDcard to guests who already have one (especially not the credit card) but ok
ALWAYS encourage them to get BOTH the Credit and Debit Cards.

Why would you think one is not supposed to encourage our Guests to do so?

A big pet peeve of mine when my TL wants us to do this. If I have a guest commenting on having to pay a bill then I will bring up the debit card.
In that case you educate them on paying down the Credit Card AT the register with cash, their bank debit card, or a check and if the latter, since they've got the checkbook handy, sign them up on a RedCard Debit Card at the same time.

Luckily I’m not front end anymore plus gotten out of salesfloor hopefully my gstl and sftls doesn’t even say hi to me now approaching holidays!

In that case you educate them on paying down the Credit Card AT the register with cash, their bank debit card, or a check and if the latter, since they've got the checkbook handy sign them up on a RedCard Debit Card at the same time.

Do you ever wonder why when you call for backup cashiers to the front it takes a loooooong time for someone to respond? It's shit like this.

Last edited:
In that case you educate them on paying down the Credit Card AT the register with cash, their bank debit card, or a check and if the latter, since they've got the checkbook handy, sign them up on a RedCard Debit Card at the same time.
I am not working for Target to educate a guest on how to manage their finances. Since I am very familiar with how guests pay their bills, most guests pay using their debit card already. Why do you think a guest needs two cards that have the same benefits?

Debit and
Why do you think a guest would need or want 2 cards that provide essentially the same benefits?
Debit and Credit Cards are accounted for differently in one's finances. Credit provides option to purchase higher ticket items on time, if desired. Debit Card ensures no debt situation on impulse and necessity purchases, which really aren't desirable to accumulate interest charges.

You are providing our Guests with multiple choices.

I am not working for Target to educate a guest on how to manage their finances. Since I am very familiar with how guests pay their bills, most guests pay using their debit card already. Why do you think a guest needs two cards that have the same benefits?
I'm of the impression, per responses, that our TMs have not been educated on the features and benefits afforded our Guests with each Card platform.

Debit and Credit Cards are accounted for differently in one's finances. Credit provides option to purchase higher ticket items on time, if desired. Debit Card ensures no debt situation on impulse and necessity purchases, which really aren't desirable to accumulate interest charges.

You are providing our Guests with multiple choices.

A third option, formerly The Prepaid RedCard, managed by American Express® is no longer being honored as of September and our Guest has the option to covert to Credit with our credit resource, TD Bank; or Debit.

Just based on returns that I do as receipt look ups, a lot of guests have both the debit and credit. You’d be surprised how many times a guest pulls out their other redcard when it didn’t show up on the first one.

I think it makes sense to offer it up. Especially the debit card option to redcard credit card holders. When I cashiered a lot of people had the card, but chose to pay with cash or their debit card at times rather than charge it.

I never push it, but I will let them know that option is there. I got someone a few weeks ago. A regular always uses the credit card and immediately comes to the service desk to pay it off. I mentioned that we did have the debit option as well. He joked that “I was trying to get rid of him,” but we ended up signing him up and he still comes over to pay the bill just not as often.

Trust me, TM's are well educated on the features and benefits afforded to the guests regarding each card and the guests are provided with multiple choices. We are there to provide the options, the guest can decide how they want to manage their purchases. You are a posting Red Card advertisement.
I work for Target, not RedCard.

Each of our job descriptions includes educating our Guests on the ways in which to retain and enrich their shopping experience. This includes specifically the RedCard as well as the Target App and integration of each.

ALWAYS encourage them to get BOTH the Credit and Debit Cards.

Why would you think one is not supposed to encourage our Guests to do so?

pushing the REDcard like a used car salesman is a shitty guest experience. you're doing way more harm than good by "educating" guests about a service that they already have.

stop drinking the kool-aid thanks

pushing the REDcard like a used car salesman is a shitty guest experience. you're doing way more harm than good by "educating" guests about a service that they already have.

stop drinking the kool-aid thanks
You shouldn't NEED to act like a used car salesman OR even push cards.

Those tactics are precisely WHY our Guests recoil. Who wouldn't? The way I've seen that card pushed I'd not take one if you paid me in diamonds, gold, and command over the Earth.

You shouldn't NEED to act like a used car salesman OR even push cards.

Those tactics are precisely WHY our Guests recoil. Who wouldn't? The way I've seen that card pushed I'd not take one if you paid me in diamonds, gold, and command over the Earth.

that's exactly what you're doing by harassing guests who already have a redcard lmao

No
that's exactly what you're doing by harassing guests who already have a redcard lmao
Not at all if you realize you are helping your Guest. If you are doing it for any other reason or in any other way other than to enrich their experience and satisfaction with Target, then I assure you, you ARE, indeed, harrassing the Guest and pushing them away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back