Archived RedCard Holder ONLY Exclusive Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Technically I have three red cards..how's that for blowing your mind? I have the credit version, the debit version for my checking account and I'm an authorized user for my husband's checking account so I have a red card for his account. I'm also an employee so yeah. Damn. I drank the red card koolaid hard lol.
I mean technically you can have as many red cards as you have debit accounts but 3 is a lot lol

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the only difference now is control panel (K7) every other TM can do basic returns and red card payments only being keyed as rings sales only
Yeah you’re right. GS coded I thought has slightly higher leeway for price changes but I could be wrong. I think we’re the only ones who can close and open GS registers and do payouts/NSF whatever that is.

I could be wrong but I’m pretty sure the only difference now is control panel (K7) every other TM can do basic returns and red card payments only being keyed as rings sales only
Also only GSA+ has k7. Gs doesn’t.

You are correct. GS access in POS gives you the ability to do vending refunds, paid and lefts, and NSF payments. Anyone can do payment on account at any register.

Also control panel is mostly useless because you can connect printers to a register by just scanning them

TMs....especially cashiers have been pushed and pushed and pushed to get RedCards. As a cashier it is sometimes difficult to get RCs because to most of us there really isn't much that you can get from a RC. Yes, there's the 5%....which isn't very impressive because it barely covers the sales tax. It would be much better if the percentage were higher....in fact, if it were higher I'm sure we'd get some of the people who get travel points to get a RC.

Telling a guest about the RC and have them interested in getting a debit card becomes disappointing when the guest doesn't have a checkbook with them....which is one reason that I would tell guests to sign-up online.....as they can choose when the timing is good at home to sign-up for the RC.

The idea of free shipping isn't very impressive because most people will order $35.00 worth of product and then everyone gets free shipping. The free shipping might be more impressive if free shipping didn't start until a $50.00 purchase.

While they are always telling about exclusive deals for RC holders they don't seem to happen very often.

As a TM or a cashier there really isn't much incentive to tell the guest about the RC because the "perks" are few....well, now they've got them for the Christmas season, but not much during the rest of the year.

It might be more helpful if the whole attitude about RCs changed......but as cashiers we get told that we "have to get" a RC today....but why would I want to push a product (which a RC is) that really has minimal features?

Now, if there was a way to connect some Cartwheel savings with a RC...that would give guests more of an incentive to get a RC......something like 20% savings on Cartwheel......but 30% off with a RC......plus that 5% for paying using the RC. This is something that would get cashiers a little more excited to do and sure would get guests to sign up quicker than you can say "Jack Robinson."

You know, TMs here in TBR really have good ideas and good ways to implement those ideas. The problem comes when you make a suggestion to the STL they often don't really pay much attention to what you say.

Or, when an upper level (group leader) comes and a suggestion is offered that could save the company money well, the group leader says "thanks for the idea" but it is said in such a way that you know that nothing will come of it....why offer ideas?
While Target focuses on our guests and making money for shareholders....somewhere along the line the TM gets forgotten....we don't feel appreciated nor do we feel that headquarters really cares about us.

Even the rule of "guests first" doesn't happen. So, if corporate doesn't care, why should TMs care?

So, TargetScanMan, this is why TMs get snippy and snarky at times.....we feel that we don't count that we aren't valued.
Add to this the new End2End.....it's not working in many stores and no one anywhere seems to listen to TMs.....and then take away hours with less TMs and still keep doing the same workload....isn't happening. In fact, I bet in 70% of the stores that do End2End you will find that the sales floor is poorly stocked and soft lines has countless pieces of clothes on the floor.

This is just one (former) TMs thoughts, but I bet that this post will get a ton of likes.

Also control panel is mostly useless because you can connect printers to a register by just scanning them
Control panel is also used for troubleshooting registers when they have issues

Exclusive offers are also a good teaching opportunity to educate current red card holders. The benefits and offers are to encourage red card holders to spend more than they would have otherwise. I probably saved an extra $10 last week using the market pantry snacks coupon on the app. At the same time on that particular trip I did buy more Market pantry snacks than I would have. I think it brought Market pantry apple sauce down to about $0.80 with my discount. I bought market pantry popsicles which are often only about $0.20 cheaper than brand so I don't often bother. The discount worked with granola bars and chocolate covered almonds. My kids like MP gummy snacks but I haven't bought them in a while because there haven't been any cartwheel offers, etc. Even if on this particular trip a red card holder might only save and extra $0.75 it does remind them to look through the app for those exclusive savings and then they can tell their mother or neighbor who they are shopping with about all the ways they save and encourage them to sign up. The extra 5% on clearance is another nice perk.

Goodness, thanks so much for this thread! With the knowledge I gained from it I became the top REDcard™ seller in my region! Everyday I see guests™ thanking me for helping them save their wallets and their marriage!

The red card doesn't even cover the sales tax in my town. I really could try to sell people on it, but the exclusives are shit and for everything else they are still going to pay more than the listed price. It's great for people who shop at Target all the time, but they all already have it. Infrequent guests aren't interested unless they are buying a lot that day.

When I was hired, I was told selling red cards were part of the deal. Don't like selling, try wall mart.

TMs....especially cashiers have been pushed and pushed and pushed to get RedCards. As a cashier it is sometimes difficult to get RCs because to most of us there really isn't much that you can get from a RC. Yes, there's the 5%....which isn't very impressive because it barely covers the sales tax. It would be much better if the percentage were higher....in fact, if it were higher I'm sure we'd get some of the people who get travel points to get a RC.

Telling a guest about the RC and have them interested in getting a debit card becomes disappointing when the guest doesn't have a checkbook with them....which is one reason that I would tell guests to sign-up online.....as they can choose when the timing is good at home to sign-up for the RC.

The idea of free shipping isn't very impressive because most people will order $35.00 worth of product and then everyone gets free shipping. The free shipping might be more impressive if free shipping didn't start until a $50.00 purchase.

While they are always telling about exclusive deals for RC holders they don't seem to happen very often.

As a TM or a cashier there really isn't much incentive to tell the guest about the RC because the "perks" are few....well, now they've got them for the Christmas season, but not much during the rest of the year.

It might be more helpful if the whole attitude about RCs changed......but as cashiers we get told that we "have to get" a RC today....but why would I want to push a product (which a RC is) that really has minimal features?

Now, if there was a way to connect some Cartwheel savings with a RC...that would give guests more of an incentive to get a RC......something like 20% savings on Cartwheel......but 30% off with a RC......plus that 5% for paying using the RC. This is something that would get cashiers a little more excited to do and sure would get guests to sign up quicker than you can say "Jack Robinson."

You know, TMs here in TBR really have good ideas and good ways to implement those ideas. The problem comes when you make a suggestion to the STL they often don't really pay much attention to what you say.

Or, when an upper level (group leader) comes and a suggestion is offered that could save the company money well, the group leader says "thanks for the idea" but it is said in such a way that you know that nothing will come of it....why offer ideas?
While Target focuses on our guests and making money for shareholders....somewhere along the line the TM gets forgotten....we don't feel appreciated nor do we feel that headquarters really cares about us.

Even the rule of "guests first" doesn't happen. So, if corporate doesn't care, why should TMs care?

So, TargetScanMan, this is why TMs get snippy and snarky at times.....we feel that we don't count that we aren't valued.
Add to this the new End2End.....it's not working in many stores and no one anywhere seems to listen to TMs.....and then take away hours with less TMs and still keep doing the same workload....isn't happening. In fact, I bet in 70% of the stores that do End2End you will find that the sales floor is poorly stocked and soft lines has countless pieces of clothes on the floor.

This is just one (former) TMs thoughts, but I bet that this post will get a ton of likes.
You have my agreement.

Are you saying the payment can be collected at a regular checklane?
I always thought it was at Guest Service.
It can be easily done and should be offered. Guest doesn't even need their RedCard, just a bill which has a barcode.

The K key is "payment on account". Either scan the bill or have guest insert Redcard from there and take payment. Cash, debit cards, some (not all) credit card. Provide receipt and they're on their way.

Last edited:
It can be easily done and should be offered. Guest doesn't even need their RedCard, just a bill which has a barcode.

The K key is "payment on account". Either scan the bill or have guest insert Redcard from there and take payment. Cash, debit cards, some (not all) credit card. Provide receipt and they're on their way.
I just didn't know it could be done at the check lanes.
I'll make sure we do that going forward, as I don't think even the leadership is aware of this.

Just to clarify, if the guest does not have their bill, then we do need their card to process the payment.

You can't pay on a REDcard account with any credit card, or even a debit card that's ran as credit.

You can't pay on a REDcard account with any credit card, or even a debit card that's ran as credit.
If the opportunity presents itself you will find that it takes all of about 30 seconds for the payment. All debit cards will work, cash will work, personal checks will work, and SOME credit cards will work (but not all) AND don't run debit cards as credit cards, that won't work for anything if a dedicated debit card.

If the opportunity presents itself you will find that it takes all of about 30 seconds for the payment. All debit cards will work, cash will work, personal checks will work, and SOME credit cards will work (but not all) AND don't run debit cards as credit cards, that won't work for anything if a dedicated debit card.
Here is a complete list of red card payment methods. From target.com.
IMG_0444.PNG

No credit cards will work. Period. You can’t pay a credit card with a credit card. If you notice on the payment screen, the k option for credit is disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back