Archived RedCard Holder ONLY Exclusive Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
@TargetScanMan what people are trying to say is there’s a difference between educating the guests about the redcard, and pushing a second one on them.

If a guest has a redcard, you should say “awesome! Did you know you also get free shipping online/an extra 30 days to return/discount works at Starbucks/works on top of price match/any other benefit”

THATS educating. What you’re proposing is going to alienate guests and is just an all around terrible guest experience that’s centered around selling and not general guest interaction.

Also, I’ve seen very few people with two. Not no one, but very few. There are some cases sure where you want two, but it’s so much more helpful to the guest to tell them about a random benefit that they’ve not heard of vs selling them on something most people are gonna say no to (a second card). Mention free shipping, you might have driven a sale online, mention on top of price match, maybe you saved a sale, the list goes on. Mention getting a second redcard and you probably alienated the guest.

/rant.

Last edited:
@TargetScanMan what people are trying to say is there’s a difference between educating the guests about the redcard, and pushing a second one on them.

If a guest has a redcard, you should say “awesome! Did you know you also get free shipping online/an extra 30 days to return/discount works at Starbucks/works on top of price match/any other benefit”

THATS educating. What you’re proposing is going to alienate guests and is just an all around terrible guest experience that’s centered around selling and not general guest interaction.

Also, I’ve seen very few people with two. Not no one, but very few. There are some cases sure where you want two, but it’s so much more helpful to the guest to tell them about a random benefit that they’ve not heard of vs selling them on something most people are gonna say no to (a second card). Mention free shipping, you might have driven a sale online, mention on top of price match, maybe you saved a sale, the list goes on. Mention getting a second redcard and you probably alienated the guest.

/rant.
Seems to me most have entirely missed the whole point of the thread, which is "RedCard Holder ONLY Exclusive Sales".

Adding a Credit to Debit Card or vis-a-vis DOES, in fact, benefit the Guest but it's apparent that most may not understand how to present in a tactful manner.

Additionally, a recent poll indicates that 83% of Guests were not educated on RedCard benefits at time of signing and knew only of the 5% discount and nothing of how to find RedCard Exclusives.

What I, personally, have witnessed and encountered were TMs pushing RedCatd as though they, personally, gain benefit from Guest sign up. The Guest is "harrassed" about the RedCard from walking into store to leaving and often IF a Guest opts to get one they will sign up online, not in our store, in order to avoid the relentless confrontation.

Again, obviously few even got the headline of this thread NOR the adjunct fact that the special $25 bonus running through November 3rd to get an alternative RedCard almost solely benefits the Guest.

Many people opt NOT to use the Credit for daily necessities and instead use their bank issued debit cards to do so thus losing the 5% AND RedCard Exclusives.

The matrix should be in your stores though I doubt few have or will review it.

Additionally, a recent poll indicates that 83% of Guests were not educated on RedCard benefits at time of signing and knew only of the 5% discount and nothing of how to find RedCard Exclusives.
Who conducted this poll? I'm pretty sure I read this on a poster near the timeclock sometime in the past.

By "poll" do you mean the mystery shoppers who are paid to come through and sign up for a Red Card?

Well, pretty much anyone who can show up on time and fog up a mirror can get hired as a cashier at this point. You have very few good cashiers because most have left for better paying jobs. Those who have stayed with Target moved to other positions, leaving the worst of the worst at the Front End (in most cases, not all).

Seems to me most have entirely missed the whole point of the thread, which is "RedCard Holder ONLY Exclusive Sales".

Adding a Credit to Debit Card or vis-a-vis DOES, in fact, benefit the Guest but it's apparent that most may not understand how to present in a tactful manner.

Considering that you've been unable to present "the whole point of the thread" in a tactful manner, surely you'll understand if we maintain our skepticism that guests are loving your approach in store... ;)

. Many people opt NOT to use the Credit for daily necessities and instead use their bank issued debit cards to do so thus losing the 5% AND RedCard Exclusives.

Ok, now this is info that is helpful. I only cashier as backup and so my spiel is pretty basic. But I can definitely work this into the conversation now.

Now, I hope you can concede that Corp itself makes the 5% number one. It's what is on the tshirts and the little badge thingies. If a tm isn't given the info about other benefits other than what they see most then whose fault is it when a tm doesn't offer up other perks?

This is the second time you have picked the tms as being the problem with front end issues - this and Cartwheel. You speak with some authority so I'm puzzled that you aren't looking at leadership as the key. Or maybe that's what you're getting at?

I'm just a lowly TM and took payment today for a Target credit card while on backup at a front end register. I believe any TM can now process that payment on any register.

Technically I have three red cards..how's that for blowing your mind? I have the credit version, the debit version for my checking account and I'm an authorized user for my husband's checking account so I have a red card for his account. I'm also an employee so yeah. Damn. I drank the red card koolaid hard lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back